Lt. Commander
This may be a big long shot, i've unfortunately been let down by HMV with regards to the Head Start Access code. I emailed HMV in the middle of the week requesting the key as i had not received it yet; i then got an email confirmation from HMV as per below. I called HMV today as waiting a week would not be an option as obviously the game starts in ernest and was promised that they would send out the key by close of play today.

HMV Customer services are now away until Monday which means that if I waited for them I would miss at least half of the head start thats assuming they actually bother sending it at all now.

Im hoping you have some process setup for helping unlucky souls like myself.

Please see below for email confirmation of my order.

Regards,
Simon

hmv Customer Service CaseID#803525#‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: 29 January 2010 12:23:42
To: simonarrol1@hotmail.com

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm your access code for the headstart on Star Trek Online game will be emailed to you before the Head Start begins. If you have still not received this code a week after the session starts please get back in touch with us and we will investigate the issue further for you.

Any questions? Reply to this email, or give us a call instead on 0845 603 8576 we're open 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Kirsty Short
Online Customer Service Team
www.hmv.com

The small print
The prices at hmv.com are online prices, and they don't apply in our shops. hmv.com is run by HMV Guernsey Limited, Ogiers House, St Julians Avenue, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1WA. Our company registration number is 43285.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:15:44 +0000
Subject: thank you for your order
To: simonarrol1@hotmail.com

thank you

Dear Simon Arrol,

Thank you for your order from hmv.com

Please take a moment to check we've got your details right:

Order number: 25362916

Qty Format Artist Title Price
HC
Pc Dvd Rom
Star Trek: Online: Gold Edition

SubTotal: 24.99
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
Total: 24.99

All amounts shown are in UK pounds.

You told us this was your billing address:
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:26 AM
One of the GM's on this forum said that if you're having problems with getting into head start or getting your pre-order key that you should call Cryptic's customer service line.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:27 AM
I have spoken to HMV twice this week and was given contradicting information, On Monday or Tuesday i was told by customer services that the headstart key would be distributed by the 29th so i thought fantastic.

On Friday at 16:00 i called them again and was then told that they had run out of keys and anyone who ordered after the January 22nd would not be getting a head start key. As this was contracdictory to what i was told previously they said they would see if they could send me a spare.

I pre-ordered mine on the 23rd :/

Im patiently waiting but not holding out much hope.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:33 AM
HMV are a complete joke, Not only did I receieve an email confirmation as you can see from my post I also spoke directly to a member of customer services who confirmed that they key would be out by close of play yesterday.

Just checked and they emailed me approx 30 mins ago saying sorry but no!! Does anyone have a number for Cryptic's customer service line?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:37 AM
http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing

Scroll to the bottom.

Quote:
Just checked and they emailed me approx 30 mins ago saying sorry but no!!
I guess i should expect the same.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah i rang up and he said the same thing any order after 22nd would not get a key i ordered on the 25th. So i've canceled my order and got it thru steam. HMV not get my moneys!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekcap
Does anyone have a number for Cryptic's customer service line?
Their phone numbers are on this page here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 05:46 AM
Think i'm fated to have to wait until its released fully, called Cryptic and got through to a forgein chap who said that Star Trek Online was nothing to do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Opps think i dialed wrong number, now get a message saying their closed for the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekcap
Opps think i dialed wrong number, now get a message saying their closed for the weekend.

"We also offer live phone support Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST US and 8 GMT to 16 GMT UK. You can contact us by phone at:"