Captain
Just ran an space infected gone horribly amiss. People popping generators without discretion, even one dude who was on the wrong side altogether. I asked if any of them were new via zone chat. Judging by the title of this thread I believe you know how well that went. I asked again. Later (and mess cleaned up) I said that I hope they were new... *silence*

I remember when there was the occasional "remember the 10% rule", now there isn't even a "GG" before everyone just jets off.
Captain
# 2
09-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Zone chat is the wrong chat. Even I wouldnt respond there, since I have it on another tab. Team-chat is the one you might want to try.

Zone chat being pretty much offline is a recommendation, if you dont want to read ESD/DS9-MassiveMultiPlayer-Idiot talk.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Career Officer
# 3
09-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lystent View Post
Just ran an space infected gone horribly amiss. People popping generators without discretion, even one dude who was on the wrong side altogether. I asked if any of them were new via zone chat. Judging by the title of this thread I believe you know how well that went. I asked again. Later (and mess cleaned up) I said that I hope they were new... *silence*

I remember when there was the occasional "remember the 10% rule", now there isn't even a "GG" before everyone just jets off.
typically people talk on team if they talk
and yeah, coms in PUGs tend to be deader than dead
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Captain
# 4
09-05-2014, 06:59 AM
heh...

which is why I pug with 1 or 2 other mates who I know if everything goes to hell, we can at least finish it ourselves...

Cure? the other 3 had no dps, whatsoever... neither did my mate but he had awesome sci powers so what ended up happening was I covered 2 lanes of raptors with a cruiser, constantly healing Kang while he kept doing gravity wells to keep the other lane busy until I could get my cruiser over there.

what's our team doing? um... one was engaging the probes, while the enemy reinforcements were tearing him apart... the other two were trying to help me...

eventually I caught a break long enough to head over and wipe out the rest of the probes and get the cube down to 40 before returning to the raptor onslaught.

When we then moved to the last target, my friend just kept the borg ships trapped while I tore apart the cube.

Proper communications would had been, um... kill the reinforcements, kill the raptors, heal Kang and then go after the cube.

No chatter.

Hive is fun though... I just said what I'm going to do... and the place broke into three teams... uuummmm... okay? My mate trapped the spheres so I could blow them up en mass... the borg were all over the place, but we completed it. Surprisedly nobody died on the command segment.

Khi? LMAO!! I was doing one side... solo... everybody else went to the other side.

yeah... I'm in an excel cruiser, a tank... so my dps is like 10k... It's decent but it can't solo one side alone...
1JJ = nerdrage generated by release of new J.J. Abrams Star Wars / Star Trek movie.
LOR? about .63JJs. DR feels higher. Somewhere around .68 or .69, spiking to a .8 whenever Neelix be mentioned.
Shatner-level= Overdramatic rage
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Zone chat is the wrong chat. Even I wouldnt respond there, since I have it on another tab. Team-chat is the one you might want to try.

Zone chat being pretty much offline is a recommendation, if you dont want to read ESD/DS9-MassiveMultiPlayer-Idiot talk.
This. /10char

To actually address your point, though, even /team has been ridic quiet for a lot of STFs for a while now, ever since it became face-roll-y for many well-geared users. It does leave new folks who don't yet know where to find the walkthroughs in the dust (or headed to the wrong transformer).
Lieutenant
# 6
09-05-2014, 08:53 AM
This is partly why I stopped using the public PUG on any STF's.

Use the Public Elite STF chat channel to find groups to join.

I only use the public PUG in-fleet to help teach the new-to-game/new-to-fleet players what they need to know. They want to learn and pay attention to Team chat.
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200511/mov-006-kronos-one-viewer/320x240.jpg
Captain
# 7
09-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I'll try to use the ESTF channel a bit more. But, judging how everyone jets off in the end, I do not think they all were willing to communicate at all.
Captain
# 8
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Been noticing alot of fail people kirking over to the right side. I get to save the team and all that but it's still annoying
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
09-05-2014, 03:51 PM
If u pug u have to expect to run in to players that cant/wont read bascly bloody nOObs. But for me pugging is the only way to make the elite missions hard if u do premades its way to easy. As a player the only way to improve is to do harder stuff.

P,s ive 2 maned CSE with opt n it had 3mins left on the clock
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK

Last edited by wilbor2; 09-05-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
09-05-2014, 04:53 PM
I think everyone feels its so routine by this stage that communication isn't necessary.

I always PUG and team chat is generally better, and when I have got communication its usually pleasant though.