Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
would be good if some of the delivery items could be got from Stardock or equivelant at 0 cost and had 0 cost on market so they could not be sold.

So mission was to return pickup emergency supplies like a good starship captain and deliver them back to keep good relations.

Captain paying for them makes no sense. If there was some benefit for this, like a diplomatic treaty or something tangible other than being an overly good samaritan.

I will point out that I always play these missions out, don't just drop them, but I am not trying to reach some mythical end game, I'm taking the journey and doing each mission as they crop up.
For imersion it would be nice to have some reasoning behind it even if it's not a benefit as such.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Is it just me and my teammate or is it impossible to do DV missions in a team? We always end up in different maps and can't change to the same instance.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:17 PM
ahh the big purple fishbowl where all the lil fish are dashing for flakes is what that place reminds me of. whats better is when you get all the supplies and cant deliver them hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenow View Post
So I'm exploring the systems in the Delta Volanis Cluster, ok kinda fun, I get a mission where I have to deliver 10 shield generators to this planet. Ok so I'd need to leave and either farm anomalies or find a merchant ship to complete this?

/drop quest

I'll go find another cluster with an "easier" random mission. Is this working as intended?
I did this earlier this morning. All I can say is thankfully it is finally working...or at least it did for me. I had a nice mix of missions ranging from exploration, to space combat, to making repairs to a damaged mining station.

The only downfall to this is you need to go in prepared. I went and bought 10 Medical Supplies, 10 Provisions, and 10 of something I cannot recall atm since those are what I ran in to during OB. I did not need any of them this time. Yes its frustrating but if you prepare before you go in you shouldnt need to drop the mission. And ther reward for completion was pretty decent.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
It makes no sense to spend energy points for something your not going to get paid back for.
Well this is the bigger problem. At the level where you're going to be in Delta Volanis, coming up with 900 energy isn't trivial so spending it on this mission is hardly worth it.

The bigger problem is that missions don't tell you their reward in your log - so you have no way of knowing if it is worth it or not. If anyone does this or has done it, post back here with what you got in return.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
i dont think energy credits are ment as a currency but more as a representation of a captains respect level . i mean since when does a starfleet captain pay for a torpedo launcher. NEVER but he may pull some strings by spending his respect/street cred watever to get one . if you follow the lines lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
OK, has anyone done one of the missions where you have to scan plants or retrive supplies being guarded by enemy NPCs? I have tried it a dozen times and my away team keeps getting seperated from me. I can't figure out if this is intentional or not. I tend to just drop those since I'm not sure there is a way to complete it without being killed over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkoala
Buy... since when a starship captain has to buy anything to help a planet? That is something illogical. And i don't like that type of missions. Buy suplies to acomplish a miss? Is it a joke? And in the beginning also our captains aren't rich either... More easy drop the mission, and fast...
I had to deliver 10 medical supplies to System C-440. Where am I gonna get 1000 credits to buy all that??

I got 2 paks and ran out of credits, and decided to do something else.

Hidden_urchin, I did 2 exploration missions: Scanning probe wreckage while fighting off Bokian (Alien of the Week??) thugs on a beach-like planet, and studying carnivorous plants on an occupied planet covered in fog. Had no problem with my Away Team keeping up with me about 2 meters behind. You should file a bug ticket and describe what you experienced.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthrider View Post
You can buy provisions from the cargo ships in sector space. They're anything but few and far between.
Yes but since this is the first exploration sector the last thing you have is any money. Sure by the end of OB, buying those provisons would not have been a problem...gonna take a wee bit more to raise the several thousand energy needed to aid these planets...

...the payback sucks...

They should drop these kind of missions from Delta Volanis....they belong somewhere else