Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenow View Post
again, just easier to drop it and go onto the next anomoly (imho)
Really? Half the time there's a NPC Trader /Frieghter sitting right outside Delta Volanis - buy zone back - click 'continue mission' - zone - give items - done. If you need to get bacl to Sol in one shot - good time to Transwarp.

Again not saying that you're doing anything wrong - but it's not that much extra time, compared to dropping and doing a different one.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
The problem with the Commodity/Relief missions is the price of the commodities.

I got the "We need 10 Shield generators" mission also. Here's the thing though. I've been getting crud for drops mostly food items and batteries. I was luck enough to scrounge together 300 credits, I have some stuff on the exchange but that'll take several days for it to pan out.

Right now the only worthwhile rewards are mission complete rewards, the drop rates aren't what they should be and if he only reason commodities exist is to finish these relief missions the prices should be much lower and possibly for sale in the replicator.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 07:39 AM
I got the mission to go into a cave and engage the enemy... ok Done
Then I get another that tells me to kill the reinforcements.... ummm i see the red on the map but nothing comes out to get me and I don't see a way to get to them... what then?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
These aid the planet missions should not show up in the first nebula. Why? Cause at level 4, I only have 593 credits and it would cost me 1,000 credits to actually buy what the planet needs.

Kinda silly. Something needs to be changed. Maybe devs could make certain commodities only cost 10 credits each and have those planets only ask for those?

Pretty sure it's not working as intended right now.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithnor View Post

I got the "We need 10 Shield generators" mission also. Here's the thing though. I've been getting crud for drops mostly food items and batteries. I was luck enough to scrounge together 300 credits, I have some stuff on the exchange but that'll take several days for it to pan out.

Right now the only worthwhile rewards are mission complete rewards, the drop rates aren't what they should be and if he only reason commodities exist is to finish these relief missions the prices should be much lower and possibly for sale in the replicator.
I definitely agree. The current price makes sense for a replicator sale -- "I just want to get this mission over with and I wasn't prepared. Here's some supplies fresh out of my replicator, at a cost of energy to me."

Maybe sell them for half as much at the roving space merchants. And then allow us to requisition them at a starbase for trivial amounts (perhaps scaled to the remoteness of the starbase; Sol would be almost free, like 5 per, something farther out there could be 10 or 15 per). That way, the more we think ahead and keep a stock handy, the more we're rewarded (by quick easy exploration missions at little cost). Give them a 5 or a 2 universal sell-back value, and you're golden.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulie View Post
These aid the planet missions should not show up in the first nebula. Why? Cause at level 4, I only have 593 credits and it would cost me 1,000 credits to actually buy what the planet needs.

Kinda silly. Something needs to be changed. Maybe devs could make certain commodities only cost 10 credits each and have those planets only ask for those?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithnor View Post

I finally finished a similar one, sending medical supplies to System C-440. A few tips: There is no deadline to complete these, so you can go off and kill some Klingons/Naausicans in an Enemy Signal Contact area, get enough mob drops and sell those to get enough credits.

That said, I don't know how much the rewards are for completing these "humanitarian" missions. The Captain's Log doesn't show (which it should!). The same thing costs much more if you buy it, than if you want to sell it. And I have no idea why I should spend my own credits, to buy something for someone else, when the Federation should be providing these at a discount.

I'm a Federation starship captain, not a commodities merchant! Not a go-between!
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 04:16 AM
I you don't want to pay or can't just let the mission in your log and keep exploring.
There are 2 options now (didn't tried them at the moment):
First: You keep getting those missions from time to time. Great! Just complete 3 random missions. When you got a nice bunch of these go and buy the needed commodities (or/and collect from loot) get a new "do 3 Anomaly) and complette 3, turn in, repeat. Fast, easy points
Second: They stop from beeing offered again: Good aswell!

The missions itself got no timelimit. You could turn them in next year if you want - or just abort the mission. There is no penalty for that.
Lt. Commander
# 28 WTF is this place?
02-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I've gotten similar fetch & carry missions and getting the items is not a problem at all... it's getting back and finding the damn location again!
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe I just defeated more Klingons than I was supposed to, but by the time I reached this mission, I had over 4,000 credits.