Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 07:40 AM
erm Steam has deleted my game client.......
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 07:44 AM
i Would rate launches like this...

1.)Lord Of The Rings Online
2.)Warhammer Online
3.)Star Trek Online
4.)Champions Online
5.)Fallen Earth

My top 5 hassle free launches.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 08:06 AM
I logged in when the servers first went up slightly before 10am PST.

Had to logout to try and get my borg captain, but by that time it was 10am and the login/authentication servers were apparently melting.

Then I guess they scrapped the remains out of the server racks and shoved in some new ones, booted things up, and I've been logging in and out since then without any trouble. Gameplay was a bit laggy in areas at first, but it's settled down quite a bit.

Perfect launch? No. But it really wasn't that bad. Who knows what the 'real' launch will be like though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Did the servers ever crash? I played most of the day and they never went down. Sure, there were individuals who crashed (I did once), but the game itself didn't seem to crash.

I'd say this was a pretty good launch, over all. Which kind of sucks. I predicted at least 2 server crashes on the first day <sigh>. I hate being wrong.
I got one map crash message at earth starbase within the first hour, otherwise there was a crush at the door when 10am rolled around, but I managed to get in 3 minutes before 10 so I was pretty impressed with the front door's abilities.

at times there were too many players in areas of SB to even move around without jumping... and it stayed smooth. yeah this was a good launch, and I've seen some of the worst
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx

2.)Warhammer Online
3.)Star Trek Online
4.)Champions Online
5.)Fallen Earth

Yep LoTR was the best launch in history. I don't know if I would put WAR as number 2 but we have to wait a few days to see if the STO server stay up and running, it might beat out WAR for launch.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Which kind of sucks. I predicted at least 2 server crashes on the first day <sigh>. I hate being wrong.
I like you being wrong

I would agree, not the best, not the worst by far.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbrand View Post
Yep LoTR was the best launch in history. I don't know if I would put WAR as number 2 but we have to wait a few days to see if the STO server stay up and running, it might beat out WAR for launch.
Yes it could almost be a tie between WAR and STO. I had no crashes and disconnects what so ever except for rubber banding and lag in ground combat since yesterday. My playing hours are now upto 7 hours. Not a single disconnect, i am impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 18 nope
01-30-2010, 08:51 AM
seeing as I have yet to be able to successfully log into the game, I vote "no, this is not the best launch in history"
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx

2.)Warhammer Online
3.)Star Trek Online
4.)Champions Online
5.)Fallen Earth

Never tried LotRO at launch. But looks like your list is right to me. Few friends confirmed LotRO had smooth launch. I was there for WAR though.

Glad nobody mention WoW, launch in that game was horrible. /shudders
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 08:56 AM
LotRO was the smoothest game launch I've ever been apart of (I've seen launches for CoH, CoV, Vendetta Online, Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa, Fallen Earth)