Lt. Commander
# 1 Here is the bottum line!
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
I understand that some of you are ****ed about the negative comments floating around the forums and such but let me explain a little history to you all out there.

You want this game to last because you love it, but All the people who are complaining if not treated right will end up leaving for yet another mmo like my self. I know your thinking good let them leave I don't want them playing my mmo anyways.

well Here is what is going to happen if that is the case, Not enough people playing to support the servers and the game shuts down, or at least treated with no respect because they can't afford to fix any thing later one.

so IF you want you game to die, then stand up for cryptic, use your wits to bash the complainers, and try your best to brown nose.

OR you can fight the good fight for this game and the long lasting chance and also GIVE your feedback and complain a little your self.

Its not about you now is it, its about the game. so think real hard on what to do and do the right thing for your self and EVERYONE around you!

so complain a little and let those who complain, complain. that way Cryptic will make SURE to get things done the way the Customer wants it so this game does last for ever.

but if not I am going to laugh so very hard for them life time subscribers out there when this game fails less then 2 years

and the only people to blame is your self for not giving your feedback when Cryptic really needed it the most.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Or stamp your feet like a discontent little spoiled sissy who has the patience of an ADHD-ridden four year old who hasn't had his medication.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:47 AM
This is normal, they will get it straightened out sooner or later. Please don't encourage people to complain about server stability, this is just what happens at MMO launches. Relax.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
This is normal, they will get it straightened out sooner or later. Please don't encourage people to complain about server stability, this is just what happens at MMO launches. Relax.
I am saying this in general not just about the server's I am talking about the bugs, the I am not getting my joined trill now but lifer's get their Borg already? things like that.. and you get the hardcore people who says, hey stop complaining its not Feb 2 yet so why should they listen to you blah blah blah blah
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
I am saying this in general not just about the server's I am talking about the bugs, the I am not getting my joined trill now but lifer's get their Borg already? things like that.. and you get the hardcore people who says, hey stop complaining its not Feb 2 yet so why should they listen to you blah blah blah blah
Oh yeah, MMO launches tend to come with a lot of bugs too.

Only thing I don't understand is why we don't have our pre-order bonuses now, but I'm not gonna cry about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:55 AM
cool story bro!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
I've got a few questions/suggestions.

1. Why can't we see the server status in the forums? Really why? Seems silly to me.

2. When the server is down for whaterver reason, why isn't there an explanation or expected time frame when you click on the link from the main page? Really? Is it that difficult to let people know what's going on? You have already failed since the server is down and we all know it! It's not a secret. Just tell us something even it that something is "We don't know why it crashed. We hope to be back up in a few hours."

Posting a link on the main page that goes to a page that gives no information is a waste. Don't even link to it then. Just make it a statement on the main page. Making it a link makes me think I'll click on it and get some more information. Silly me! :p

Both of these problems are very simple to fix and would make people feel better informed and less angry. PLEASE IMPLEMENT THEM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
This seems to only happen in the realm of MMO games. For any other product or service out there, companies would get killed if they followed this trend. People pay for a product, expecting to actually use the product. It actually makes news if any other type of game besides MMOs have to shut down their servers due to issues related to the actual launch of the product.

There has been enough history of poor MMO launches to make a mold on how NOT to do it. I just don't get it, after 7+ years of botched MMO launches, why only one company actually pulled off a semi-flawless MMO launch... and it really wasn't that great in comparison to launching a non-MMO game.

On a final note, people complain because they care. If they didn't care, they would just walk away and play something else. Its actually a good sign to see this many complaints... and a warning if they dwindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepis
I've got a few questions/suggestions.

1. Why can't we see the server status in the forums? Really why? Seems silly to me.

2. When the server is down for whaterver reason, why isn't there an explanation or expected time frame when you click on the link from the main page? Really? Is it that difficult to let people know what's going on? You have already failed since the server is down and we all know it! It's not a secret. Just tell us something even it that something is "We don't know why it crashed. We hope to be back up in a few hours.".
1. You can see the basic "up/down" on the front page, but having a "Server Status" forum - locked just for admins - would be nice.

2. I was thinking they should just add more detail than "server is down, will be back up as soon as we can" on the launcher. Give us a timeframe + a time/date stamp so people have an idea when it is coming back up... or should be coming back up. Then follow it up with updates if the timeframe is no longer valid....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
I think you just pinpointed the precise issue. "This is normal".
Why is it normal?
Why is it that we as consumers have come to expect shoddy workmanship, and unfinished products?
Why is it that those who recognize this, and try to do something about it, end up being chastised for it?
What is so wrong with expecting something to be finished and polished?
Do you enjoy buying things that fall apart, are missing pieces, or are unusable?

The "bottom line" is that a lot of us are simply fed up with the decline in the status quo. We are sick of seeing this same thing happen over and over again. This game, as well as many products and services these days, are not living up to their potential... and people are getting sick of it. We are also getting sick of all the consumer complacency that has allowed this to happen in the first place.

Before you start preaching from your ivory tower about how things are the way they are, and nothing can be done about it, and telling those of us who have issues with how things are being done that we are stupid or need to shut up... I'd like to remind you that a couple hundred years ago there were a group of people who got fed up with the crap they had to deal with... so they had themselves a revolution.

People have forgotten that being an idealist is not wrong. Hell, wanting to improve yourself and the world around you is the founding principle of the star trek universe. And here you are, playing an MMO based on that franchise, and you have the gall to look down on those who expect better? Shame on you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalEVE View Post
I think you just pinpointed the precise issue. "This is normal".
Why is it normal?
Why is it that we as consumers have come to expect shoddy workmanship, and unfinished products?
Why is it that those who recognize this, and try to do something about it, end up being chastised for it?
What is so wrong with expecting something to be finished and polished?
Do you enjoy buying things that fall apart, are missing pieces, or are unusable?

The "bottom line" is that a lot of us are simply fed up with the decline in the status quo. We are sick of seeing this same thing happen over and over again. This game, as well as many products and services these days, are not living up to their potential... and people are getting sick of it. We are also getting sick of all the consumer complacency that has allowed this to happen in the first place.

Before you start preaching from your ivory tower about how things are the way they are, and nothing can be done about it, and telling those of us who have issues with how things are being done that we are stupid or need to shut up... I'd like to remind you that a couple hundred years ago there were a group of people who got fed up with the crap they had to deal with... so they had themselves a revolution.

People have forgotten that being an idealist is not wrong. Hell, wanting to improve yourself and the world around you is the founding principle of the star trek universe. And here you are, playing an MMO based on that franchise, and you have the gall to look down on those who expect better? Shame on you.
Well said my friend, Well said!