Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I tried EVE for about three months. All I can say is that if you want to have any kind of social life, you'll stay far, far away from EVE.

And I don't mean that in a "my God it's addicting" kind of way...
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 06:46 AM
tbh all eve needs is a combat system like sto and it would be the best space mmo out there, its the slow, sniper blob warfare that makes eve so drab. oh and yeah i play eve and tbh these two games are very different, sto needs eves depth and eve needs stos fun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
In EVE no matter how the game is built or played.. In EVE you feel like you really are in a vast universe. When you fly you can feel the distance between points. STO you dont get any of these feelings. i believe that most of the arguements between the 2 games stems from the point that everyone expected to feel the emersion of eve and instead feel ripped off by getting a small cardboard box taped to another that you get a loading screen to get to. THIS IS FREAKING STAR TREK where is my star trek???
If you want space that is vast and filled full of nothingness till you get to an area of a few rocks that you can chisel away at with your super sleek mining barge till some A$$hat comes along and ganks you..if you want to watch as your skills slowing tick off the months of time till you get a decent ship......GO PLAY EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
Immerse ... that's at least twice you've got it wrong
lol.. so into the point im trying to get across haven't really been checking spelling.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
did this really need another thread?

this

Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
Immerse ... that's at least twice you've got it wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumForce
If you want space that is vast and filled full of nothingness till you get to an area of a few rocks that you can chisel away at with your super sleek mining barge till some A$$hat comes along and ganks you..if you want to watch as your skills slowing tick off the months of time till you get a decent ship......GO PLAY EVE.
You know what Take EVE out of the equasion.... I want vast space and guess what people SPACE IS EMPTY in many areas!! You cannot go into space and fly for 1 minute and be in another solor system. Sorry space doesnt work that way.. What is so wrong with wanting SPACE to feel like SPACE?? Everyone complains that STO doesnt feel like Star Trek well here is a big reason WHY!! There is NO ADVENTURE in STO..... BAH i give up....
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
You know what Take EVE out of the equasion.... I want vast space and guess what people SPACE IS EMPTY in many areas!! You cannot go into space and fly for 1 minute and be in another solor system. Sorry space doesnt work that way.. What is so wrong with wanting SPACE to feel like SPACE?? Everyone complains that STO doesnt feel like Star Trek well here is a big reason WHY!! There is NO ADVENTURE in STO..... BAH i give up....
You ever think that in order to create a game using the Star Trek license that could appeal to those besides the hardcore, a few liberties had to be taken? Flying around in a vast emptiness, while I'm sure would be immersive for those who want to use Star Trek Online to live out their every Trek-based fantasy, would be boring as hell for those people who want STO to be a bloody video game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 06:57 AM
I played EVE for well over a year, and it did make space feel huge. A player could spend lots of time flying from one place to another. To me, that was a drawback. I want to PLAY, not stare at a ship flying through space. I want to do something. When action finally arrived, I did enjoy EVE, but I found the time between fights intolerable. That's the primary reason I left that game.

I'm pleased that STO took a different approach to traveling. I like sector space (although it could look better). I like not having to return to my contact to turn in a mission (people don't have communications in EVE). I like being able to use the replicator to turn in common items if my inventory (cargo) is full. STO is a fast-paced thrill ride. EVE is a turtle-paced slog with brief periods of adrenalin (especially considering the death penalty in that game). I prefer the faster pace, and I'll bet most casual players would agree.

EVE has fantastic crafting and the best economy of any game I've ever played. It is a hardcore game with appeal to people who want as close to a real experience as possible (as long as they restrict the experience to being in their ship). I think EVE is a good game, but STO is more fun. To me, STO is the better game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 07:01 AM
I enjoy both these games.
I was expecting with Star Trek, a sort of EVE type universe, with a lot better space combat, and the away missions to be like playing first person shooters like Modern Warfare 2.

Wow that would be amazing
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 07:02 AM
I found eve to be vast amounts of boredom. I'm enjoying the heck out of star trek.