Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
Ha this is exactlly my point... STO is like no foreplay what so ever... its just press this button 2 seconds your there and now your doing your mission.. there is no adventure...

where is boldly going where no man has gone before (mind you i dont really expect this in a video game),

where is seaking out new life and new civilizations?

For those of you who think flying around would be dull and boring...

simply give us a ship to explore and do stuff in while were proceeding to our destination

. Flying while looking at our ship like in EVE? Let us fly from our bridge! Let us move around while were flying inside our ships.

Let us take our friends with us on our ships! Hell let us form (ill call it a guild) and fly ships that takes multiple people to fly. ( i dont really expect this) but it would be cool.

I dont know about the rest of you but for me and from my experience Star Trek has never Even in war been shoot first ask questions later.. So why is all our missions about fighting and killing (with the exceptions of some explore missions and there few and far between)

There are so many things that could make this game the best out there. Unfortunatlly if they stay on this road its going to be dead in a couple years.

The game isn't even released yet and you are demanding more. It will come in time and while the hardcore players will max levels and get bored the average to casual player will keep pace with the levels and content. This isn't a hardcore game. It's quick into action and then move on to doing real world stuff again.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Well then enjoy the 1 year of life you will get out of a boring pointless game!!!!
if this game lasts me a year then it will have been more worth while than a game that i spend three months not having fun and play for four total.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
The game isn't even released yet and you are demanding more. It will come in time and while the hardcore players will max levels and get bored the average to casual player will keep pace with the levels and content. This isn't a hardcore game. It's quick into action and then move on to doing real world stuff again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
if this game lasts me a year then it will have been more worth while than a game that i spend three months not having fun and play for four total.

You 2 are kidding right? This is a MMO not a SINGLE player game.... Its supposed to last more than a year... its NOT supposed to be quick!!! WTF
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 09:08 AM
To even begin liking STO after you expected it to be a real Star Trek game, you need to leave behind your expectations. Seems like Cryptic idea is to deliver more close to TV series format (meaning separate missions with their own plots) experience than to actual mmo mechanics. Time will tell if their approach is the right one.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
First off i do play EVE... And at this present time EVE feels like a star trek more than star trek does. But I am not looking for another EVE i am looking for a star trek that i can become fully emersed in. I want be in space that feels like SPACE.. not a small little non-lighted cardboard box. Star trek barley feels like a MMO and It defentely DOESNT feel vast and wonderous. Or maybe im asking for too much out of it. Maybe I should expect a single player game.
Great! But if you like EVE so much, why are you wasting your time whining about STO when you could be playing EVE? Have you discussed this yet with your therapist?
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
i don't know any single player games that have lasted me a year ever in the history of gaming since 1984 or so.

multiplayer components of single player games, sure, but no single player games.

and considering no mmo has last me more than a month or two tops in the past two years, a year would be great.

just because you wasted 7 years of your life on a single game doesn't mean other people will have the same great expectations.
I just hope Cryptic doesn't have your same attitude...
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
You 2 are kidding right? This is a MMO not a SINGLE player game.... Its supposed to last more than a year... its NOT supposed to be quick!!! WTF
i don't know any single player games that have lasted me a year ever in the history of gaming since 1984 or so.

multiplayer components of single player games, sure, but no single player games.

and considering no mmo has last me more than a month or two tops in the past two years, a year would be great.

just because you wasted 7 years of your life on a single game doesn't mean other people will have the same great expectations.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 09:16 AM
I used to play eve... I played it for 6 months, and from the beginning i was bored as hell. Skill system way to intricate for a casual gamer like me. And i remember i was sooo happy when i finally got a decent shpip, spent all my money on that and gear, and lost it within 1 hour..... Yep that was fun

But the people that have said that Eve and STO is two very different games, like apples and oranges were correct. And i found the player base in EVE very unhelpful as well, got flamed so many times for just asking a simple question regarding a feature or skill.

In the ideal world i would like to pick out all the good parts of every game and put them together, but i do not have the skill or the money to pay for the law suits that would follow.

Let STO be STO, i am having a lot more fun here then i ever did in EVE, but that is my opinion.

And for longevity, if Cryptic brings out expansion packs, extra content etc, i will still be playing this 3-4 years from now, as there is so much to play through, diffferent classes with different ships, that i will be starting over quite a few times i expect.

And lets just get one thing straight, flyin for 45 min on autopilot to get somewhere you need to go is not fun, that is what i found the EVE universe to be, and it was just as instanced, only they did not have load screens and it loaded faster............

STO FTW
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksty
And lets just get one thing straight, flyin for 45 min on autopilot to get somewhere you need to go is not fun, that is what i found the EVE universe to be, and it was just as instanced, only they did not have load screens and it loaded faster............
Eve is, by design, a timesink. I have five kids and a job... I don't need a timesink =>P
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 09:23 AM
People compares with EVE because there is nothing else.

Nonetheless, forget gameplay, the comparison is not about the gameplay, but about the gameworld. I would pay three lifetime licenses to play a game with STO's combat (all that is fun in STO) in a dynamic, persistent gameworld and with the same scale than the Eve Universe.