Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Xbox controller
01-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Can we please have the ability to disable the controller keybinds?

Due to my disability I use an xbox controller with xpadder to get a usable button layout but with sto controller keybinds the game is quite difficult to play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Go to the keybind that has a controller button mapped to it and click it then choose 'clear'. That will clear that bind and empty it out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadronflux View Post
Go to the keybind that has a controller button mapped to it and click it then choose 'clear'. That will clear that bind and empty it out.
Tried that but the keybinds for the xbox control are set automatically to a default layout.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Have you tried using /unbind <key>?
Which controls are you trying to clear?

Nevermind.....I Just checked and you cannot unbind joystick1_X or joystick2_x.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
I really wish they would support 360 controller like in CO, My wrists are killing me from using the mouse and keyboard. I'm getting old
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gax63 View Post
Nevermind.....I Just checked and you cannot unbind joystick1_X or joystick2_x.
Yeah - that's strange. Very strange, actually - they actually do have some stuff mapped to joystick / gamepad controllers, but it's all hardwired.

Currently, Logitech devices seem to be a better choice than an Xbox controller, as Logitech allows you to remap keys outside the game. Haven't tried an Xbox controller on my PC, but from what I'm reading in this forum, not much can be remapped?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
I would like to see my xbox controller useful in space combat mode. or at least a good flight stick setup.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
Yeah - that's strange. Very strange, actually - they actually do have some stuff mapped to joystick / gamepad controllers, but it's all hardwired.

Currently, Logitech devices seem to be a better choice than an Xbox controller, as Logitech allows you to remap keys outside the game. Haven't tried an Xbox controller on my PC, but from what I'm reading in this forum, not much can be remapped?
I have ALL the buttons remapped on mine, in game.
I have 16 functions mapped at the moment and have a total of 30 available. And more if I need to.
I cannot change the right and left stick mapping but I can add to it. I.E. When I push my left thumb stick forward my character/Ship will move forward / ship nose down. If I pull the left trigger while pushing forward my character will sprint / Don't use that function on my ship yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 07:51 AM
I made a profile on X-padder, but it seems really buggy and I gave up. For instance TAB wasn't working properly, and it seems some keys are hard binded in the game which causes some buttons to work only sometimes. If they don't want to provide support for the 360 pads I wish they would release all the binds so that we can try and make up for it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 PM.