Lt. Commander
# 4471
08-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks NikitaCH for the visit.
Lt. Commander
Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but thatís part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA).

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 4473 Welcome to the VKF
08-18-2011, 07:43 AM
If you value logic, analysis and intellect, your instincts were correct, you belong in the VKF. If you like to delve into the deepest nooks and crannies of game mechanics, find hidden nuggets of knowledge about STO and share them with your Fleet-mates, you belong in the VKF. If you want to team with friends who will not only watch your back, but let you show off your best skills and tactics while trouncing the enemy with dispatch, you belong in the VKF.

So head over to and learn about how we are organized, how we operate, and how we socialize. Join the VKF now!
Lt. Commander
# 4474
08-18-2011, 09:26 AM
If you were intrigued by Spock, you'll be fascinated by the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a light RP Fleet - a group of Vulcans and non Vulcans alike planning for the most enriching in-game experience possible.

If you want to fast-track your character in-game, you need to know where the resources are, where and how to gain the skill points needed to rank up quickly, and what traits, skills and equipment are best for the various situations.

You'll benefit from the help we can give you both in weapons and skills. You need the support of loyal Fleet-mates and who could be more loyal than Vulcans!

Even if youíre by nature a peaceful race, you will be engaged in this time period. There is no neutral ground. You must choose your destiny. VKF is seeking Vulcans and non-Vulcans alike who wish to engage their true essence in their blood. To be the best in the sciences, research and War! We need Vulcans who do not fear the edge or the unknown. Logic dictates what action we must chose....

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
I am Phoenix_Lord, High Executive Officer (in-game 1st of Many@Phoenix_Lord) of the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. I would like to welcome you to the VKF and invite you to consider joining our Fleet. We are worldwide, light RP, and enjoy teaming with each other along with other allied fleets in space and away teams.

We have a Fleet Bank with items that can upgrade your armament, shields, or other items. We devote time to making sure our Fleet Forum has good information and Intel on game mechanics, resource locations, mission tips and other good stuff to help our members progress in their career field and ranking in STO. We offer opportunities for leadership positions in both fleets for members interested in such. And we offer camaraderie and kinship as we forge through 2409 in STO.

If you wish to join the VKF, you simply need to post your intent in the Recruiting Center threads as soon as you can. By posting in the Recruiting Center, you will be applying for a commission in the VKF and when we accept your application and grant your commission, we will change your username to add a prefix [VKF], so the next time you log in (after applying), you should log in with the username [VKF]<your name here> (we will not change your password, and canít view it anyway). Once you are a member of our Fleet, you will have access to much more of our Fleet forums.

Also, if you can include in your application your in-game character@handle so we can invite you to the Fleet inside of STO, that would help us get you integrated into the Fleet quickly. I am available on the forum to assist you with orienting you to the Fleet, and will be contacting you within the Fleet Forum.

If you are a diplomat from another Fleet and wish diplomatic status at the VKF, please visit the forum and post in the Foreign Relations sub-forum, so our Fleet Ambassador can grant you the appropriate access and status.

Feel free to email me directly, pm, or post in our forums if you need any additional information. I hope you will consider the VKF for your Fleet!

Regards,
Phoenix_Lord
High Executive Officer

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 4476
08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
If you are intellectual, analytical, logical, and quite assertive, the VKF is the Fleet for you. We team to accomplish missions beyond our individual capabilities. We share information to help our members new to the game advanced quickly. We share weapons, shields, and other technology that gives you an advantage over your enemies and allows you to succeed in missions with less time spent grinding. We share information so you know what to do, where to do, and when to do. We work together to enrich each of our members' in-game experience - give you more enjoyment, more loot, more satisfaction, and more exhilaration in everything you do in STO.

If you've read the reviews of STO, you know that it is a work in progress. VKF can help you bridge the gap between 'just another MMO' and a fun and engaging experience that will have you at the edge of your seat, raring to go for another mission, and feeling the surge of adrenaline as you work with your Fleet-mates to succeed in missions beyond your current grade.

Join the VKF and experience STO as both Cryptic and we believe it to be - the most awesome MMORPG ever!

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
We see lots of posts by players who are looking for an active fleet. I'm guessing that what they are looking for could be one or more of the following:
  • people online when they are, who they can chat with in-game.
  • people online when they are, and there's a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server so they can voice chat with them.
  • people online when they are, and available to team up for missions or PvP.
  • Just about all fleets will affirm that they are active, but they may be responding to only one or two of the above indicators, or with another rationale entirely. For example, they could be active on their forum (i.e., lots of recent posts and discussion going on), or they have a dedicated group into one or more specific activities (such as role-play).

Fleets work hard to maintain a good activity level. Some fleets try to maximize their in-game activity by focusing on one playtime range (or they may focus on one time zone, and you can assume that the evening hours in that time zone are the most popular playtime range).

Some fleets go for maximum numbers of members, so that there's a better chance there will be a good number of members online at the same time.

Some fleets focus on making sure there are a few dedicated and hardcore players online all the time, so there's always someone to talk to (think duty officer).

And some fleets encumber their members with check-in and/or participation requirements to help make sure there's always someone to talk to or team.

Of course, this is all quantitative, not qualitative. Here at the VKF, we focus on qualitative. We're not interested in being the largest fleet, or having the most players lined up for a photo shoot, or even fielding a ton of members for joint fleet actions, We are interested in attracting other gamers who share our core values, and who want to have friends like us. We may fly solo sometimes, we may fly together. We may chat with each other, we may remain silent. We do what each of us wants to at any point in time, and don't enforce specific activity on each other.

The VKF is a group of gamers who play mostly STO, who value logic and intellect in gameplay, and who treasure both diversity and the freedom to do what we want, when we want. There are enough of us so that there's usually someone to chat with, at least some parts of every day. There's often someone to team with, at least some parts of every day. And we have a TeamSpeak server for any whom wish to use it - when they want to. And we engage in a little light role-play now and then - when the mood strikes us.

We have an active forum at The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet where we share information and game tips, chat on (we have a live chat box) about whatever we want, and in general, spend time together as friends. We often find ourselves chatting and posting on the forum, and also chatting and playing in STO at the same time. I find most days there are 3-5 people on during the daytime and evening hours (US), and often late into the night and early in the morning there's often one or two around.

So yes, I call that active, but it's likely not nearly as active as some of the fine, larger Fleets in STO. I'm not knocking them either; there are some great fleets out there! But we feel the VKF has found its niche, and we seem to continue to attract people who share our values, and our friendship pool is continuing to grow. We've been around since before Launch Day, and will be around...well perhaps forever is pushing it, but I can count at least a handful of members who will remain with us for as long as they can click a mouse button (myself included).

Before you make a choice for joining a Fleet, please take my advice and research your choices carefully. Make sure the fleet you join is the one you'll be happy with. Imo, a bad decision up-front can sour you on some of the best aspects of STO for a long time to come. You might as well take enough time to make an informed choice that fits you. If it happens to be the VKF, that's great! If it's another Fleet, then I'm sure we'll see you in the quadrant from time to time, we do quite a bit of joint fleet activity, and have alliances with lots of other Fleets in STO.

Regardless of where you go in STO, know that the VKF members will act honorably in battle (thanks to learning from the Klingons), will use our logic and intellect to control the power of emotion (thanks to learning from Earthlings), and will answer all Federation or Klingon hails & distress calls.

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 4478
08-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Friendly bump from the better half of the divided race, ...I mean, let the reunification begin!
Lt. Commander
# 4479
08-19-2011, 04:55 AM
::: a friendly wave from the 1st Cavalry Division .... and a hearty good morning.
Lt. Commander
# 4480
08-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the visit everyone.