Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
"Thisa is one of the most self-centered things I've ever heard. (NOT EVEN CLOSE)

Does your bank notify you if it changes a manager? NO, it does not. (NO BUT THEY POST IT)
If your car manufacturer makes a minor design change during your car's model year do they notify you? NO, they do not.(NO BUT THEY POST IT)

Does Microsoft notify you when they find a new security flaw? NO, they do not.(NO BUT THEY FIX IT THEN POST IT)
If a airline changes a flight time, do they notify you BEFORE you get to the airport? NO, they do not. (YEA, AND PEOPLE LOVE THE AIRLINES BECAUSE OF THEIR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE)

'Nuff said - you don't need to be informed about every little thing. (SOME PEOPLE DO) You're not part of Cryptic, you license a service fromt hem. They are not obligated to tell you everythign they do internally. (MAYBE NOT OBLIGATGED BUT IF THEY'RE LOOKING TO KEEP THEIR CUSTOMER BASE THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULD TAKE GOOD ADVISE) That's even why most MMOs have a clause int heir Terms of Service that state explicitly that things in-game may change without warning - to cover themselves from backseat drivers like yourself.(ITS FINE IF THINGS CHANGE, MANY PLAYERS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE)

Buy Cryptic out, THEN you can demand such things. Until then, HTFU and STFU. (IF YOU WONT EVEN HEAR OUT HIS OPINION AND ADVISE WHY WOULD YOU THINK HE WOULD LISTEN TO YOUR GENIUS ADVISE OF STFU)"

----------------------------------------------------------

Every ones looking for something different in a game. Don't hate on people because they want to know the rules of the game they are playing. I for one would like to know when things change in the game, doest matter if they are small or major changes.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Katiandra get a grip. What exactly are you going to do with the patch notes huh?

You do realise that when they do provide notes its only some of the changes made listed? Even if the list goes on forever its only some. They don't add every single little fix in like and tell us that they moved an anomoly a few pixels higher because it was being placed partially underground.

What is it people like you actually want huh? Go have sex or something ffs
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudy6523
You realize that in the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up for this service, that it says you're going to accept whatever they give you, right? Meaning that if they didn't want to give any patch notes at all, it's entirely within their right to do so and they don't have to give a reason for it, the fact they give you any sort of notes is more of a courtesy on their part, not any form of entitlement on your part as a user.

You can always cancel your subscription and let your wallet do the talking for you. Then again, the loss of $15 a month from a kid having a hissy fit, is worth having one less nerd rager on the forums...
Yes I agree. That's why this says we want patch notes, not where's the patch notes you promised us. L2read. I'd rather help fix the game and let my typing do the talking for me, but if you don't like my typing then you could cancel your sub and let your wallet do the talking for you. Yes I agree, you leaving and having one less kiddie throwing a fanboi hissyfit would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebTechGlobal View Post
Katiandra get a grip. What exactly are you going to do with the patch notes huh?

You do realise that when they do provide notes its only some of the changes made listed? Even if the list goes on forever its only some. They don't add every single little fix in like and tell us that they moved an anomoly a few pixels higher because it was being placed partially underground.

What is it people like you actually want huh? Go have sex or something ffs
Actually I want patch notes, did you read my thread?

And sorry your not my type, no cyber for you!
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
You did this all through open beta, random patches, we're forced to download them if we want to continue playing, but we have no idea what you're doing!

Are you nerfing us? Buffing the mobs? Making space combat so pathetic that the average player can do it in his or her sleep? Buffing boarding parties to infinity and beyond (/buzz lightyear voice)? Adding extremely annoying sound effects that are produced if we push a hot key for a beam weapon or projectile that is on cooldown? Fixing bugs?

We want to know! Each and every time, not just when you feel like it! And add a link on the launcher for the patch notes so we can read it while it patches!!!!
They said in the maintainece note - "server stability patch'. What more do you need to know? If they do a patch where they make intended changes, we get patch notes; but I agree, if the patch isn't sesigned to affect/change character and ship abilities, no need to put out any notes.

And if post patch, you notice a change, that's what /bug and the tech support sections of the Forums is for. Seriously, I played WoW and MANY other MMOs and they NEVER post any notes for server side ptaches beyond "Stability patch" if that.

Personally, I'm a bit annoyed at the ongoing stability and connection issues, but hey, it's the launch of a new MMO and unfortunately, these things are to still be expected (and hell, it's already a more stable head start launch then WoW, ***, or WAR). So, yeah, loose the attitude.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Well I didn't see this maintenance note, but that doesn't change anything. Simple patch note with the download that say "server stability patch".

I swear all you fanbois that are accusing me of having an attitude and you come in here screaming and crying and putting words in mouth.

You are the ones saying that they should detail every single change in a patch, NOT me! You need to get a grip.

Simple patch notes is not too much to be expected. Are they required to do so? Obviously not. I love repeating myself to some fanboi who read the title then decided to post instead of reading the thread or stopping to think for themselves, 'he ya that would be nice.'

Again, just as I've said before, just because someone else's service is crappy is no excuse for their's to be crappy.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
If the last patch was about server stability, why are we all on the forums instead of our ships?
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I agree with the OP for 2 reasons

1) every other mmo posts patch notes for every bug squash or stability fix, because its common sense to tell people what your making them install on the computer they own.

2) its also good to know if it is a bug fix if it will affect a bug you have been dealing with like not being able to complete a mission.

now i think the OP could have said it better, maybe with a little more tact but, to each there own....
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree that i want patches to every single change made. If they fixed a typo, i want to know. If they fixed a minor quest bug, localization issue for the australian client, or added a background effectto some backwater sector.. i want to know.

Is this somthing i'm legally entitled to? no. However the (slipping) industry standard has been complete documentation. I feel entirely justified for being frustrated when new MMOs have less customer friendly standards than those coded years ago. Will i quit over this particular issuein isolation, no, however if i decide to leave the game this will certainetly be one of the reasons in the shopping cart at checkout.

I also appreciate other paying customers who share my opinions and values articulating them to the development team.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
First, why does everyone cry to the Devs as though they are Gods and have a say in this?

You need to appeal to the Product Managers to get what you want.

The stupid devs are too busy trying to be clever yet failing.