Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canar View Post
O boohoo, this person said something I don't like so I'm calling them a troll! WAAAH!
There fixed for you!
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I agree and disagree with this...sometime its so small or something that really does not involve us so we do not need it...but then sometimes when it fixes allot of bugs then it would be nice to know you do not have to worry about those anymore...then there is content patches which they have been good telling us about...but chill the time they use not telling us is time for them to work on the game but when it actually matters they will tell us
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
lol, you are really retarded, its not the fact i dont like what you saying, its the fact that your an idiot talkinga bout things you have no clue about.

In your last Topic, you went on about how beta is to get the game TOTALY BUG FREE and READY for LAUNCH WITH NO PROBLEMS.......

So get a clue will ya. its not that i dont like or like what you say, its just garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
I'm glad you have blind faith that they aren't doing anything that affects your character with these random patches. And most the patches that happened in OB had no patch notes, only one... MAYBE two patches did. We had 3 maybe 4 patches between the end of OB and before head start began and no idea what they did.

And alot of those people were claiming I was demanding super precise notes requiring the info that they changed this exact code this exact way, which was never in any of my posts. It was in their minds. If they want to be super precise then by all means, however they want to do it.

Sorry you don't like my posting type, but found most devs ignore the polite reasonable responses and alot of people read them and go 'ya I agree with that' and the thread gets buried on page 20 in 5 seconds flat, so to get noticed ya gotta keep people interested in the topic and keep it from hitting page in 5 seconds, because in 3 hours its on page 128 and I don't care what devs, blues, gms, or whatever theyre called depending on the company they aren't going to read that post or it will be forgotten no matter how great the idea is.
I don't have blind faith in what they are doing doesn't have an effect on our characters. I am VERY aware of what Cryptic is capable of when it comes to blindsiding it's players - I was a subscriber to Champions Online. That is why I am GREATLY surprised at the number of patches and the documentation for those patches here with Star Trek Online. It is like a different company. There have been no huge undocumented nerfs. When a patch has broken something, there has generally been a fix within 48 hours, with patch notes. There have been some small patches between OB and today and the only effect I have noticed on my play experience is that it is better because the server stability has been higher.

I grant your original does not say you want to know extact coding, but it is obvious from your tone you want some extremely detailed information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
Adding extremely annoying sound effects that are produced if we push a hot key for a beam weapon or projectile that is on cooldown?
Under patch notes that would go under "Made UI pass on ship controls." - which was in the patch notes for the patch that added the sound fx.

I would not be surprised if a Dev ever actually reads this post, unless it is for entertainment value. One look at the title of the post and the Dev knows all they need to know:

Quote:
: ATTENTION DEVS: We want patch notes with EACH and EVERY patch!
Dev reads title: Hmmmmm... translation: Someone (who seems to think they speak for the entire community) is screaming they want patch notes every time we put out a patch. Check. Next post....
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-30-2010, 02:53 PM
/signed

since more bugs appears as in beta now,

i want to know whats going on with the game,

so, take the time and write some notes, the gamers will be happy about that feedback from cryptic.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I would rather have the programmer making 5 typo corrections during the time it would take to document one and then get patch notes that say "Fixed typos in mission dialogs"..
Well personally, I wouldnt mind 1 line in the notes saying: "Fixed numerous typo's all over the place" instead of getting every bit of text changed.

And that is feasible: text is probably not hard coded - hence it would have been possible to make a 'diff' to see text changes from 1 release to another (so very in depth details could be shown).

And for last: I even doubt Devs (as in the programming guys, like myself) will be busy fixing typo's ... Or rather, I really HOPE they are not...
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canar View Post
stop feeding the troll, he created a topic an hour ago *****ing and being a moron about anything possible really :|
Good point - although more like a Harpy than a Troll.

Signing off now with final thought: Cryptic, great job on patch notes to date. When things cool down a bit and youu aren't having to put out a patch a day, it would be nice to to see patch notes with each patch, even if only to say "Stability fix." Thanks and keep up te great work.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Good point - although more like a Harpy than a Troll.

Signing off now with final thought: Cryptic, great job on patch notes to date. When things cool down a bit and youu aren't having to put out a patch a day, it would be nice to to see patch notes with each patch, even if only to say "Stability fix." Thanks and keep up te great work.
ya cryptic, your one patch note for STO since open beta was a nice one, too bad it was one out of so many patches
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-30-2010, 03:20 PM
and i want free donuts with every patch too!
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
just LOL!

all this " we want this..we want that...we have to..blaaa"

seriously....stop whining!

let them work...