Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracos79 View Post
The heavy instancing in STO already fractures the overall sense of "community," in my opinion.
Eh, dunno there. Zone chat behaves like Trade from WOW anyway. And during the 'end game' you really only see folks in either the City hubs or the instances in WOW. And while leveling up, at least now, it's so desolate that until the later points you don't tend to see others that often anyway.

It's a valid opinion none-the-less, I personally don't perscribe to it is all .
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 08:49 AM
I personally don't understand why there wouldn't be bigger content. 10Mans are perfect! In Beta, each instance had about 50 people in it, finding 9 others wouldn't be hard at all. The thing that makes me worry, is why bother joining Fleets/Guilds if everything is a on a small to single scale? There is no reason to really recruit as a Fleet since the second you get over 5 people in your Fleet, you will be unable to group with anyone else. The whole point of Fleets/Guilds is Teamwork, to overcome hard challenges and to see content. For all I care, leave the loot the same and allow us to group up with 10 Players so we can experience the strategy and positioning of the game's challenges.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I think guild/fleet related instances could be epic (like a singularity that takes you back to wolf 359 - 10man). Patching 5 man fleets together through instancing isn't a horrible idea (wow uses this through its "find a dungeon/revamped lfg mode") but sometimes (like myself) you want to go it alone.

Personally, I'd like to see one massive instance where 500 ships duke it out with 500 other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post
I think guild/fleet related instances could be epic (like a singularity that takes you back to wolf 359 - 10man). Patching 5 man fleets together through instancing isn't a horrible idea (wow uses this through its "find a dungeon/revamped lfg mode") but sometimes (like myself) you want to go it alone.

Personally, I'd like to see one massive instance where 500 ships duke it out with 500 other ships.

CAGE MATCH!!! I dont think the server hamsters can hold up captain!!

EDIT: to add more

I do love how STO has alot to offer with single players in mind, pvp, missions you name it! One of the reasons I've fallen in love with STO theres plenty to do singly and I am not forced into making groups, like WoW has the 3-5 Man Quest, in STO if there are people in the zone doing the same mission, we are just auto-grouped and I love that. For Endgame, there should be options for 10 Mans, with or without improved loot is pretty much a side detail, theres no better feeling than having your 10 guildies/friends take out that big bad boss while the content is fresh (yeah you can go back when the level cap is increase but its just not the same)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I am in no way against solo / small group players getting to play the game how they want. I myself enjoy playing alone a lot of my time. However I would like the option to group up with 10 - ? players and participate in some difficult content that requires strategy of group members.

I came from 5 years playing wow where I went from full on soloer to leader of a raid guild during WOTLK. I really enjoyed places like Ulduar and even the new Naxx. The sense of working as a group really mattered and I would like to see that in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Totally agree, why cant STO be just like WoW, I mean like come on!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalwulff View Post
Totally agree, why cant STO be just like WoW, I mean like come on!
Facepalm....ENGAGE!

............................................______ __
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.`~,......~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

There are other MMOs with 10M or more Raids, LOTRO for example... Just because 10 people are grouped together doesn't mean its auto-WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
problems with 10/25/40 man raids is bigger the raid,more of the slackers.
i have no problems with inexperienced people,but with those that come raiding,but mostly they just scratch their nuts,with veins on their foreheads popping when they dont get purple pixel loot.

oh,and this IS NOT F****** WOW IN SPACE
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah I don't really count 5-mans as "RAID"... That's just group play. Raid goes beyond the standard group...

We need 10 man and beyond. No more soloing Cubes. Let me take a fleet to those things!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm pleased more have joined in this discussion.. Yes one thing I agree on is a motto ' Content for All '