Captain
# 11
11-02-2013, 03:55 PM
All torpedoes could use a fix, not just transphasics.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
11-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Transphasic Torpedoes already come in a version that fires as fast as Quantums. Called Rapid Fire Transphasic in game.

"They should NOT be able to get benefits from negative resistances. Instead they will always treat any damage they deal to hull as if the hull had 0 Kinetic Damage Resistance including the damage they deal as bleedthrough from shields."

That would make them x10 worse then now. At least they are useful now, that change would make them useless.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 11-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Captain
# 13
11-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
All torpedoes could use a fix, not just transphasics.
this man speaks the truth.

fix torps, then we worry about balance.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
Anyone who really understands how torpedoes work are aware that transphasic torpedoes are the most worthless torps in the game. Why? Because they fly slowly, have too long of a cool down, deal too little damage, and their bleed through hardly makes a difference.

You have to work REALLY hard to make these Torps effective at ALL and you could have done better with energy weapons.

So here is my proposal for making them relevant again:

Make Transphasics fly as fast as a Photon Torpedo. (I believe that is pretty much their current speed but bear with me)

Make their Cooldown the same as Quantums.

Increase their damage output to match Photons or be slightly better but not as high as Quantums.

Get rid of their shield penetration ability and replace it by making it so that Transphasic Torpedoes ignore 100% of Hull resistance.

They should NOT be able to get benefits from negative resistances. Instead they will always treat any damage they deal to hull as if the hull had 0 Kinetic Damage Resistance including the damage they deal as bleedthrough from shields.

However, they will not have any extra damage against shields.

Also you could give them essentially the Nanite Proc that would increase the bleedthrough of everything hitting that ship's shields for a short time if it procs.
honestly just cause ur statement is so arrogant i just had to react.

trans are one of the best used torpedo in the game ..a pain in every pvp ..and the best thing is ..their best mod ..the rapid ones are free no charge .

a brel with them is one classic option ..also the tvaro ..blah blah blah ..they are a very useful ..some would say the only useful torpedo out of the "normal" (not lobi /zen ) ones.
Captain
# 15
11-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Just going to chime in and say that I disagree with the opening post about transphasics. I used to think they were a 'waste of space' until I learned how to make proper torpedo builds and found out that they are actually one of the stronger torpedo types in the game when used properly.

Transphasics are weaker than other torpedos against an exposed hull, but they work very well against shielded targets. They are also one of the few damage types with enough specialty launchers to run a dedicated torpedo build(Plasma being the other for a single damage type setup).

In my opinion, Chronitons are the most in need of some love. They have a painfully long cooldowns for their damage output and their specialty launchers are hard to acquire.
Captain
# 16
11-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Not 100% sure if this is fact, but I would wager IF the cluster torp is still doing the whole one torp crits they all crit. If so than a combo of elachi disruptor proc used in conjunction with BO+bleed thru doff, and a timed trans torp could spell disaster for an adversary.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Um... i use transphasics on my Sci/B'rel and they are absolutely devastating combined with gravity well/tractor beam and my sci powers.

Who needs to worry about shields when ALL OF YOUR DAMAGE IS GOING STRAIGHT TO THEIR HULL!

Ive one shot players with a crit on my breen cluster before.

Worthless? Just no.
Breen Cluster is a whole other thing and is mines. The Transphasic Mines are perhaps the best Mines in the game outside of Nakura but that is not always saying much.

I have been hit by boats specializing in Transphasic Torps with Torp High Yield III and they STILL failed to scratch off more than 15% hull. So at the moment with their HORRIBLY low DPS they are really not that great. If you tried to do the same thing with Quantums you would have much better results even THROUGH shields. Also burn procs deal way more damage through shields.

Moreover, as someone mentioned they do need to fix torps in general but for Transphasics you can really show how energy weapons clearly make them obsolete to the point of sadness.
Career Officer
# 18
11-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Just going to chime in and say that I disagree with the opening post about transphasics. I used to think they were a 'waste of space' until I learned how to make proper torpedo builds and found out that they are actually one of the stronger torpedo types in the game when used properly.

Transphasics are weaker than other torpedos against an exposed hull, but they work very well against shielded targets. They are also one of the few damage types with enough specialty launchers to run a dedicated torpedo build(Plasma being the other for a single damage type setup).

In my opinion, Chronitons are the most in need of some love. They have a painfully long cooldowns for their damage output and their specialty launchers are hard to acquire.
And therein lies the problem to be honest. When the primary objective is to drop the enemy ship's shields (thus exposing the hull to direct damage), having a torpedo-type that is most effective when the shields are still up, and not terribly useful against an exposed hull, is a touch contradictory.

I, personally, prefer the much-ignored photon torpedoes. Okay, they're more often than not viewed as the underdog, but seriously - with three [purple] torpedo DOFFS I can fire them off every second - and I'm sorry, quantum torpedoes may do superior DPS - but being able to fire a photon torpedo every second certainly puts them close to a similar DPS output; and against an exposed hull, they prove to be a relentless barrage that do some VERY nice damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 19
11-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Transphasic torpedoes need a moderate boost to have them keep up with the power creep and mitigation creep in game. Maybe 50 to 60% penetration
Captain
# 20
11-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Transphasic torpedoes need a moderate boost to have them keep up with the power creep and mitigation creep in game. Maybe 50 to 60% penetration
60% may be over the top. 45% maybe?

Anyway, with Season 8 approaching i expect variants of the Voth torpedoes to become available combining transphasic and chroniton.