Lt. Commander
# 71
01-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctusmorti
heh, if you think those nancy boy Klingons are hard just wait until you find the scary boss that summons four copies of himself... took my team apart in four seconds the first time, 8 tries later I had slowly killed the rest of his team.

It can get a LOT harder on the ground after commander rank, unless people bug reported the challenging npcs that is....
is that the one with the reman that spawns physic version of him self? that was actaully really easy. I mean he wowened us the first time but after that we took the high ground and took them apart lol
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Nerfing the fun out of the game, one "I can't win" at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
Nerfing the fun out of the game, one "I can't win" at a time.
its not about nerfing.. its more about giving the enemy some kind of cool down. Its not fun to see an npc heal him self over and over every second while everyone is throwing attacks at him rooting and knocking him down yet he can heal.. like the swordmasters.. he comes charging I root him knock him down or back yet still get the 600+ damage
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Give all your away team members AoE expose weapons. Carry 2 AoE exploit weapons on yourself. Have fun vaporizing 2-3 NPC's at once.

Ground combat is clunky, laggy, and all around horrible. But it certainly isn't hard.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
i like the sword masters as they are. I would prefer to see more of that difficulty to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
ohhh I have a question I been noticing this since day 1 and I finally decided to ask:

In a massive fire fight.. and then... I notice my speical attack is flashing I hit it and they vaporrize was thier somethign specal used to allow this? I been noticing it for awhile and been meaning to ask...
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-30-2010, 01:38 PM
swordmasters are not overpowered.

its just the other npc's are underpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rt
That's the exploit/expose everyone has been talking about. Using expose attacks you'll get a chance to "expose" them. They'll have the glowing orange target on them, then use an exploit attack and it'll do a ton of damage, instantly vaporizing most NPC's.
yeah been using hat as well to bad the timing on it is always after I just used a special lol and giving me no chance to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
ohhh I have a question I been noticing this since day 1 and I finally decided to ask:

In a massive fire fight.. and then... I notice my speical attack is flashing I hit it and they vaporrize was thier somethign specal used to allow this? I been noticing it for awhile and been meaning to ask...
That's the exploit/expose everyone has been talking about. Using expose attacks you'll get a chance to "expose" them. They'll have the glowing orange target on them, then use an exploit attack and it'll do a ton of damage, instantly vaporizing most NPC's.

See, it's learn to play, not nerfs.
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post

That is the Expose/Exploit mechanic.

Certain attacks have the ability (Random Chance) to "Expose" a target... making them vulnerable to certain types of attacks - making them get the targeting indicator and flash certain attacks in your action bar.

Certain attacks have the ability to "Exploit" an exposed target... these attacks are the flashing ones.

If the damage from an exploit attack is above the total health of the target, they disintegrate... otherwise it does a ton of damage. Flanks, debuffs and buffs all enhance the likelihood of disintegration.

This is a fundamental aspect of the ground game... and if you apply it well, the reduction of difficulty you're asking for will probably be self-overruled... and you join us in wanting more challenge on the ground. :p