Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Lt. Commander
Greetings aspiring captains! I'm Tyndaleon, one of the recruitment officers for Flaming Pie Squadron! We're a group of folks who, while taking the games we play seriously to a point, still keep the fact we're playing a game in its proper perspective. Many of us have competitive spirits, but above all else we value a sense of brotherhood, working together and helping one another whenever possible, social interaction, and bottom line....FUN. We especially enjoy laughing and joking around with one another (sometimes at one another's expense, but only in the name of good natured fun), as that's been a premium trait of this crew since I've been a part of them anyway, so if you have a sense of humor and enjoy practicing in its use regularly, you likely would fit in well!

A bit of history on our group: First of all, for those curious about where the name came from, Flaming Pie Squadron's name is derived from an album by sir Paul McCartney, which was in turn inspired by a reference to a humorous story John Lennon told journalists in 1961 on the origin of The Beatles' name when they became newly famous: "I had a vision that a man came unto us on a flaming pie, and he said, 'You are Beatles with an A.' And so we were."

As a guild, FPS originally was a crew of veteran ship captains from Pirates of the Burning Sea (PotBS). It was formed during the game's beta test and then went on to play on the Roberts server as members of a well organized British alliance. FPS was known for being a small, tight-knit group, but despite the smaller size built Ships-of-the-Line for our members and provided them at no additional cost. FPS participated with our alliance in the legendary Roberts server's first-map struggle, and after three hard-fought months helped to finally defeat the wicked Spanish, the crafty French, and the carefree Pirates. Sadly, interest in PotBS did not last, and we explored other games.

After that, interest turned heavily towards the anticipated space-jockey combat MMO Jumpgate Evolution. Speaking for myself personally, this is where I came into the fold, as I wasn't around for PotBS...but I ran across these fellows in my search for a guild group in JGE that fit both my gaming desires as well as my personality, and I can proudly say that I haven't regretted my participation/interaction with them for a minute. I've barely gotten to enjoy actually gaming with any of them yet, but just from my time of interaction with the core group, I've had an absolute blast knowing them! At any rate, as JGE is still in development at this point (and many of us do still hold a strong interest in that game), eventually the focus for many of us turned to STO as it was going to be coming along much sooner, and thus....here we are!

To give a bit more detail about us from a more personal and logistical standpoint.....we're a group of fellow gamers who range anywhere from the low 20's to mid 40's roughly in age, so actual age really isn't an issue of consideration for us, as maturity is more of an individually determined issue rather than one of age. We also hail from all over the map, as we have both EU and US based members, so there should be at least a few folks alongside to play in most cases. Collectively between us all as individuals, there's not a major top-tier MMO out there that someone in our crew hasn't played/experienced, and many of us older 'grumpy old men' have many years' worth of gaming experience dating back to the old Commodore 64 days and even earlier.

The core of our membership & leadership established itself in the corporate world, education, and the military. Organizational management is one of our many strong points, as we bring the experience from our professional careers to the game. At the same time, we don't take ourselves too seriously and there are no rigid ranks, superiority nor big egos in our group. Our members play for the fun and enjoyment of whatever we play together, although still serious in our dedication to the game and objectives therein. We will be known for being a friendly and educated group that will stand its ground when needed, protect others who have helped us, and take out those who stand in our way. We keep an eye on the big picture, never put ourselves before our mates, and always look beyond our own individual interest. Successful new members will embrace and display this spirit of cooperation. Still, we respect and recognize the unique background that each individual brings to our group.

If any of the above sounds like the kind of gaming brotherhood you're looking for, then by all means, check us out and learn more about us. We are open for recruitment (playing on the Federation side), and if you are interested in learning more about our members and our group, please visit our website:

If you decide we are the right squad for you, I invite you to register on the site and fill in an application on our forums. ***PLEASE NOTE***: If and when you decide to register, please use either your main character's name *OR* your account name which appears after the @. This helps avoid confusion for everyone. Ingame you should be able to contact myself as Tyndaleon@Tyndaleon, or you may also look for one of our senior leaders such as Wolphard@Wolphard, Pasanda@Pasanda, Zantium@Buzzark or Jazz@JazzMonkey also. Flaming Pie will also actively seek fleets with which to align, and through these contacts we’ll establish our reputation as an honorable and courageous force, so if you have an interest in that as well, register on our website and let us know! Until then, safe travels, and see you around the galaxy!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Nice post there mate. *thumbs up*
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Great post

Joined Flaming Pies today as it seemed a nice easy going, friendly fleet/guild and I was right!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Glad to have you aboard Crich! I'll get your buddy Darkangel added in as well when I see him on
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Have added 3 more folks, starting to really shape up to a good crew, again a good mix of both EU and US players alike. Still plenty of room for more!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I joined last night, and it's been good fun already. Great fleet! If you're looking for a smallish fleet with good, friendly members.. check out the Pies.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Glad to have you aboard Kal, was great meeting you a bit on voice chat last night!

We have plenty of room to spare/grow still, and especially for more US based folks. I should also again reiterate that if by any chance you read this and you have interest in another upcoming space-based MMO, Jumpgate Evolution (which, for those not familiar, will be far more akin to more traditional space combat games such as Wing Commander or Freespace or X-wing/Tie Fighter from years back), then we're most definitely a guild/fleet you should seriously consider becoming a part of, because most of us still eventually plan to play that as well when it finally gets to beta & eventual release point. And particularly if you have a well developed sense of humor, you're shortchanging yourself if you look elsewhere long term!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 04:22 AM
go Tyn go Tyn go Tyn, you rule more people for the slaughter =D gonna pwn that borg queen
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Any one seen my spoon ?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Sounds like my type of group, what do I need to do to join? My captain name in game is Ealon.