Lt. Commander
# 1 Kudos to Cryptic
02-01-2010, 03:34 AM
You guys deserve a Kudus.

In a forum where the word "thanks" is extremely rare for reasons I do not entirely comprehend, I would like to recognize you guys for the sleepless weeekend you just spent making sure that STO is 100% for tomorrow.

I don't know what you did last night...but after that last 1.5 hour downtime, I had no queus, no lag, no crashes for the rest of the night. Things were extremely smooth.

About the game -- it is true that you can't make 100% of people happy 100% of the time. That is true for any MMO in particular...but what you have with STO is an extremely addictive, fun game to play.

Once again, I know that this weekend was hell for you guys...but you did great, and because you put in the time and sacrificed your personal life -- worked so that we can play -- you definitely deserve a "thumbs up" from me.

I know that this post will probably be flamed for some obscure reason...but that does not matter. This is my open note to you, and I, for one, would like to give you guys a heartfelt "thanks."
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:43 AM
Yea.. I wish all these haters would just go find something else to do for 2 weeks while the bugs get worked outta the servers. In 2 weeks it will be a totally new game..

I cant wait... But im certainly not gonna go jump of a roof cause a game had a buggy launch.. I cant recall a single MMO ive played that didnt..

the first week of pre-order beta to the last was a giant improvement.. I expect no less in the first month... if 2-3 weeks these issues are still going... then you have a reason to start to get angry
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:55 AM
people who insist on complaining with these kinds of issues simpley dont understand the level and magnitude of some issues you get whilst hosting such large datacenters for games like this, ive even seen post refering to upgradeing the ram to solve the issues, or adding a CPU upgrade, as if the server was a single or group of ATX based matchines...

a good thing about the complainers, is at least they will leave and allow more mature members of the community to flourish and expand past such trivial issues.

This game is the first for the startrek franchise, and the potential for the game in content alone is allmost endless, people, this game will be epic. im just glad that im in early for the ride.

Cryptic, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Yes, I too will add a well done. Looking forward to playing more.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest

In a forum where the word "thanks" is extremely rare for reasons I do not entirely comprehend, I would like to recognize you guys for the sleepless weeekend you just spent making sure that STO is 100% for tomorrow.

I don't know what you did last night...but after that last 1.5 hour downtime, I had no queus, no lag, no crashes for the rest of the night. Things were extremely smooth.

About the game -- it is true that you can't make 100% of people happy 100% of the time. That is true for any MMO in particular...but what you have with STO is an extremely addictive, fun game to play.

Once again, I know that this weekend was hell for you guys...but you did great, and because you put in the time and sacrificed your personal life -- worked so that we can play -- you definitely deserve a "thumbs up" from me.

I know that this post will probably be flamed for some obscure reason...but that does not matter. This is my open note to you, and I, for one, would like to give you guys a heartfelt "thanks."
Whats a kudus?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 04:08 AM
After that 1.5 hour downtime i lost connection every 10 minutes. Thus making one quest over and over again couple of times before i lost my patients and left. Before that downtime i never had connection lost problem. So for me it went from bad to worse.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest

Second That... since yesterdays update my missions on normal Graphics Setting have been going much better (only SOL now I have to turn them down before entering that system...) and not a studder once in FPS - a good running 37-55 the entire time...

True - it was a rough start, but I expected that (hence my missing borg, getting booted several times, one unexpected boot for server maint.) so we'll take it from later this week once the initial open flood happens and see how it goes