Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Im not strong enough at level 4 to beat the dadgum Undine dreadnaught. Granted Im missing an engeneering BO that that lying sack of targ scat Adm. Quinn negelected to give me after I selected it...but I dont think that would have made a difference....I just cant punch through the dreadnaught's shield. Perhaps I'll finally go requistion a tactical BO to try and help things out too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Your not supposed to kill it, just survive long enough (though dieing and returning seems to work) for npc reinforcements to arrive

-edit-

My bad, theres so many of these that they all blur together, only one that really caused any issue was the purposefully unbeatable one.

As others said, just boost up weapon power and blast away with as many weapons you can target on him at once, then unleash the torpedos.

Use batteries and science powers to up your survivability.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Im not strong enough at level 4 to beat the dadgum Undine dreadnaught. Granted Im missing an engeneering BO that that lying sack of targ scat Adm. Quinn negelected to give me after I selected it...but I dont think that would have made a difference....I just cant punch through the dreadnaught's shield. Perhaps I'll finally go requistion a tactical BO to try and help things out too.
listenng to the story pays you know. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DEFEAT THE SHIP!!!! JUST LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR STARFLEET TO GET THERE!!!!. Stay out of phaser range and destroy the torpedoes it fires at you and you should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasorine
Your not supposed to kill it, just survive long enough (though dieing and returning seems to work) for npc reinforcements to arrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by 128hoodmario View Post
listenng to the story pays you know. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DEFEAT THE SHIP!!!! JUST LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR STARFLEET TO GET THERE!!!!. Stay out of phaser range and destroy the torpedoes it fires at you and you should be fine.
The two of you are thinking of "Diplomatic Mission" which is an entirely different quest. Stop the signal at the end you team up with 5 NPC Klingon Battlecruisers to defeat a Undine dreadnought. It spawns in little Undine ships throughout the fight too.

Just put weapon power to max, aim the side of your ship to the dreadnought and just unleash on the shields. Once you get all the shield sides down go at it with torpedoes. The Klingons will also be firing off lots of torpedoes so once you get the shields down it should die pretty quick. I did it at level 4 pretty easily and without one of my klingons dying so you just need to increase the amount of damage you are doing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:35 AM
lol wow two replys and neither read the post properly...

In stop teh signal focus on takign out the smaller ships that spawn as the klignosn damage the dreadnaught...

The klingon ships should rough it up enough for you to take it out aslong as you keep your agro off him...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingBlades
The two of you are thinking of "Diplomatic Mission" which is an entirely different quest. Stop the signal at the end you team up with 5 NPC Klingon Battlecruisers to defeat a Undine dreadnought. It spawns in little Undine ships throughout the fight too.

Just put weapon power to max, aim the side of your ship to the dreadnought and just unleash on the shields. Once you get all the shield sides down go at it with torpedoes. The Klingons will also be firing off lots of torpedoes so once you get the shields down it should die pretty quick. I did it at level 4 pretty easily and without one of my klingons dying so you just need to increase the amount of damage you are doing.
Oh sorry lol, can't remember all these mission names. Yeh in that mission the Undine ship didn;t fire on me at all because it was too busy with the Klingons so I swung around the back and took down it's shields followed by a volley of torpedoes. Ignore the smaller ships, as far as I could tell they are unlimited so ignore them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:46 AM
I can see the issue some might have with this particular mission.

A a fellow nerd/geek, I'm sure many of us are Familiar with D&D. Well in the DM's Guide, there's a lot of tips on story making and what not.

One of things it suggested against was a mission that was unbeatable, or more specifically, one that had wasn't designed to encourage the players to run but to stand and fight and then get rescued by a group of bad a$$ knights or something.

For starters, you might be vastly overestimating your player's abilities. Aside from that, it can make them feel week, even though you might explain that it was all part of the script and that it would be like if they tried taking out a take with a base ball bat and not too feel bad, they still might feel cheated or even teased (IE "you wish you were bad a$$ enough to take on an ancient dragon!")

Personally, I think there are a certain kind of narratives that can be best explored in this way.

It can remind you of your mortality, some I think any front line foot solder should embrace rather than ignore. Fear and helps your value your life more.
Also, considering who we're talking about, it helps to foreshadow they severity of the threat the entire galaxy is under. Those who don't know star trek and don't who 8472 (undine) are, can now understand that they're not to be trifled with. (read: "We'll go all death star on your planet with just 8 cruisers and no death star!")
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:07 AM
All the Klingons died on my mission. I was getting swarmed by frigates, so I peeled off to take care of them while the Klingons weakened the DN. But the DN started popping the Klingons, eventually he ot em all...then I was toast.

Now when I re-enter, its just the DN and me...plus his friends! Apparently the Klingons didnt get the memo.

Ive tried using the asteroid field and it sinterference to my advanatage...but apparently that benefit doesnt exist in this portion of the play. maybe I can just run past the DN and hope the frigates never see us way on the far side away from the asteroid field.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
All the Klingons died on my mission. I was getting swarmed by frigates, so I peeled off to take care of them while the Klingons weakened the DN. But the DN started popping the Klingons, eventually he ot em all...then I was toast.

Now when I re-enter, its just the DN and me...plus his friends! Apparently the Klingons didnt get the memo.

Ive tried using the asteroid field and it sinterference to my advanatage...but apparently that benefit doesnt exist in this portion of the play. maybe I can just run past the DN and hope the frigates never see us way on the far side away from the asteroid field.
There was a workaround in beta that helps the klingons respawn. If you join the mission without continuing, then go back to sector space. This time continue the mission and the klingons should be back.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 09:16 AM
yup...they came back...beat the DN with 22% hull! And barely extended away from the frigates before I was able to hand them off to the Klingons.

KDF...Im on my way!