Lt. Commander
How can you not love flying around in the ST universe. I can't stop thinking of different ST scenes from the movies/tv when i'm playing...adds alot to the experience. Love the graphics, some lag but having a TON OF FUN.

ST FANBOYS UNITE.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Riveting tale chap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Game is amazing, but there are some serious polish issues that Cryptic just plain refuses to acknowledge, right now they will not Address issues like
  • You can't turn Spaceship names off
  • Scale especially in interiors is just frigging Silly ( I have played and help design games there is no valid excuse here )
  • Animations are still choppy as hell.
  • Ground combat isn't smooth nine times out of ten when you pause the game to assign tactics to your boffs it doesn’t work, or suddenly the game decides to unpause even though you still have plenty of time left
  • You have to use an emote ( a frigging emote? what is this 1999? ) to sit and it only works when you stand in a chair.
There is zero nada none consequences for players using racist, homophobic, or sexist names, or comments.

And worst of all no matter how many threads are created about this all we get is stone silence from the developers, and this is a complete 180 from the awesome communication we got in Beta. Folks here know me I am a giant STO and Cryptic fan, but right now Cryptic is not acting like Cryptic normally does, I can't count the number of times in CoX or CO when we would have issues like this and Jack personally would pop on after one post to say "Yep were on it, it's on our Radar"...with this launch we might get a one liner saying that issues are client side.

I love this game and I want to see it do well, but Cryptic needs to address the issues and start talking to us again, and not a Canned state of the game and the neat-o things that are coming Folks want to know when the issues are going to be solved.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:28 AM
How can we not like this game?

It's simple - we can't log into this game.

I can't load the launcher and I jsut get "acount server timed-out" messages when I try to load the game client directly.

So that's why I'm not having any fun witht he game so far.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Game is awesome!!! Smooth all yesterday, and I even have STO DD Steam!!!!

However both fanbois and haters need to realize that not every gameplay style is suited for everyone. Plus, there is no way a game can encompass the whims of every player, regardless of precived legitamacy of the whim.

Open world games tend to be buggy (bethseda games and GTA games). MMOs are buggy by the nature of the genre. All MMOs are run by understaffed departments.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
Riveting tale chap.
Annoying story, bro!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
Riveting tale chap.
Stop trolling chap!!

*STO fangirl raises hands*

Played for total of 6 hours last night without any issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
Game is awesome!!! Smooth all yesterday, and I even have STO DD Steam!!!!

However both fanbois and haters need to realize that not every gameplay style is suited for everyone. Plus, there is no way a game can encompass the whims of every player, regardless of precived legitamacy of the whim.

Open world games tend to be buggy (bethseda games and GTA games). MMOs are buggy by the nature of the genre. All MMOs are run by understaffed departments.
See I think this is where the major communication disconnect comes from, many folks love this game but are seriously worried about the lack of polish we though was going to be addressed by now, there are tons of folks who can't connect, there are even more that are just disheartened about the still huge ground combat issues, and then there are the Myriad of small yet irritating issues I included in my previous post. None of these are a question of style ..they are a question of playability, and just because it isn't effecting some doesn’t make it any less valid.

Also you might want to actually be part of the industry before you say all MMO's are understaffed, the are not, I have seen small teams be very effective and huge teams not and Vice Versa, and yes all MMOs have bugs, but when they effect playability and are not addressed. they tend to lose the majority of their subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liko
Played for total of 6 hours last night without any issues.
Me too. Played for longer then any single point during the open beta. They kept the server rocking yesterday! I was totally stoked. And I wake up this morning and it's still up! Yup, I'm good with this launch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I played for about 16 hours yesterday.