Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
Data sent him an email I think filling him in. Spock@alternatereality.com perhaps?
But Data's DEAD. Maybe B4 sent it while drooling.
Lt. Commander
# 32
Data sent him an email I think filling him in. Spock@alternatereality.com perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeismine View Post
I think that they are supposed to be his old personal logs or something like that... from before he disappeared. Not sure how well those would work timeline wise though.
But doesn't he refer to events like going back in time in the past tense?
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Fans would be happy with the sound of Nimoy eating a fried egg sandwich while singing "If I had a Hammer." It gives us goosebumps.
Ummm life time member of Starfleet international here attend the STO national convention every year, and have written Rules for Deciphers Star Trek RPG and Gurps Prime Directive...and you my friend are wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
But Data's DEAD. Maybe B4 sent it while drooling.
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/216
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
"surprise guest at the wedding of Worf and Grilka is Data. With his upgrades at the Soong Foundation complete, Data requests that his commission in Starfleet be reactivated. While there are some initial questions because the Data persona is in the body once used by B-4, after Jean-Luc Picard, William T. Riker and several other current and former members of the Enterprise crew testify on Data's behalf, Starfleet Command agrees to reinstate Data. He is promoted to captain and assigned to supervise the completion of the Enterprise-E's refit."

That's so cheap it's worthy of Rick Berman.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
"surprise guest at the wedding of Worf and Grilka is Data. With his upgrades at the Soong Foundation complete, Data requests that his commission in Starfleet be reactivated. While there are some initial questions because the Data persona is in the body once used by B-4, after Jean-Luc Picard, William T. Riker and several other current and former members of the Enterprise crew testify on Data's behalf, Starfleet Command agrees to reinstate Data. He is promoted to captain and assigned to supervise the completion of the Enterprise-E's refit."

That's so cheap it's worthy of Rick Berman.
Naa to be worthy of Berman Data would have have become new leader of the Borg complete with Black Pleather outfit.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I was confused by this too, but then I rerouted power from auxiliary systems to my Emergency Sci-Fi Rationalization device (the same kind that gives us "oh, the Kessel Run goes past black holes!" and "maybe the Eugenics War was a secret shadow war, so that's why TOS describes it as taking place in the 20th century.")

Obviously this is a holodeck program, constructed much like the ones based on famous personalities such as Leonardo da Vinci, intended for historial advisement.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
maybe spock did what they did in stargate sg-1 and a stargate Atlantis to travel between alternate realities. :p

but really i dont care i like leonard nimoys narration better than zachary quintons
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
I still dont understand how a single supernova could threaten an entire "galaxy". A super nova comes along every 50 years or so on average in our galaxy.