Commander
# 1 Several graphic issues
08-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Alright i have a new notebook with a Geforce GTX 675M, 32 GB RAM and 2x very fast sata drives. windows 7 is installed. Now, i can put almost all settings to maximum but for "shadow" i can only select medium and bloom quality?s max is "low". Why cant i select other options?

Next problem, look at this and check the shadow. My AA is set to maximum, lower settings dont change anything.

http://250kb.de/u/120815/p/7Z5gybQAPhkz.png
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
08-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Anti-Aliasing is done on your screen, it de-aliases your screen pixels. What you're seeing in the shadow is the aliasing of the shadow map, which is outside of your graphics card's control. That information is decided between the server and client, and fed to your card. No Anti-Aliasing will get rid of that unfortunately. It's the nature of shadow maps cast from large lights. Sorry.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 3
08-15-2012, 09:10 AM
I found a work around for when I was screwing around with 3D Vision since the FX seem to be layered in STO where I add the STO client exe (live/GameClient.exe) and then force/enhance AA and AF and a lot of FX not in game. The only problem with this is that the game must run in full screen and its sorta buggy. The drivers don't seem to like STO and mobile graphics card (own a Lenovo Y570 with a GT555), its almost like the acceleration doesn't want to kick in and I get the same performance as with the Intel graphics.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 4
08-15-2012, 11:38 AM
hmmmh...

http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/bg73...1520284256.png

imho setting shadows to low, (removing any shadows completely) looks better than having those highly pixelated shadows...

on high they only get some smoothing effect, the pixelrate stays exactly as low...
but the low pixelrate still makes them flicker if you are any further away than the picture i took ( i would call that distance touching range ;P ).
Commander
# 5
08-16-2012, 03:20 AM
your shadow looks far better than mine, however, i cant select "high" on shadows. only "low"