Lt. Commander
# 1 Basic BO skill question
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Is it better to have all different abilities on a BO or to enhance ones you have already got?

i.e. Emergency Power to Shields 1 > Emergency Power to Shield 2

or

Emergency Power to Shields 1 > Engineering Team 2

? Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes.567890
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Volker View Post
Is it better to have all different abilities on a BO or to enhance ones you have already got?

i.e. Emergency Power to Shields 1 > Emergency Power to Shield 2

or

Emergency Power to Shields 1 > Engineering Team 2

? Thanks

It really depends on what you are looking for. With 2 EPtS skills you can use one every 22.5 seconds averaged out versus 1 every 45 seconds or so(if i remember cooldown timer at rank 9/9 right) The advantage of having different skills is they don't share the global cooldown so you can use them right after another as long as they don't belong to the same system.

Global cooldown on same system is 20 seconds if reuse timer is longer then 40 seconds adding another can double or more the use of a skill this is less effective if you have less then 40 second reuse skills as one will not be useable till the global is done being a minor time saver compared to the longer reuse skills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluhi View Post
It really depends on what you are looking for. With 2 EPtS skills you can use one every 22.5 seconds averaged out versus 1 every 45 seconds or so(if i remember cooldown timer at rank 9/9 right) The advantage of having different skills is they don't share the global cooldown so you can use them right after another as long as they don't belong to the same system.

Global cooldown on same system is 20 seconds if reuse timer is longer then 40 seconds adding another can double or more the use of a skill this is less effective if you have less then 40 second reuse skills as one will not be useable till the global is done being a minor time saver compared to the longer reuse skills.
Thanks for the information.