Ensign
Since it seems like Cryptic is in the 90's with its download launcher and does not support resume download functioning....

Is there an alternate download rather than using the launcher, that i CAN resume the download? Im sick of exiting the game, downloading a good chunk, having to go, and then start all over again the next time. This is so absurd, I mean I don't know of any game that doesn't support a resume function...even WoW supports it, but Craptic doesnt? This is 2013...almost 2014, get with the times guys...I dont have time to sit and download 2 gigs or 5 gigs at a crack.
Ensign
# 2
11-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Nice. It got to 75% and the launcher gave an error. Wow. Just wow. Update your outdated stuff...this is sad...pathetic...
Career Officer
# 3
11-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Actually the launcher/patcher does essentially resume downloads (it's worked this way since launch).

The percent displayed is recalculated based on the remaining file size of the files that still need to be patched though. This has confused some people and led them to believe what you originally posted.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
Actually the launcher/patcher does essentially resume downloads (it's worked this way since launch).

The percent displayed is recalculated based on the remaining file size of the files that still need to be patched though. This has confused some people and led them to believe what you originally posted.
This right here.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 5
11-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarkaruus View Post
Im sick of exiting the game, downloading a good chunk, having to go, and then start all over again the next time.
Are you able to just leave the download running when you leave? The launcher closes itself when it finishes the download.

In any case, as the other posters noted, the patcher doesn't start from scratch each time; it resumes where it left off if the download doesn't complete the first time.
Commander
# 6
11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post

patcher != pre-patcher

My prepatch showed 2391 MB to patch. I patched about 40 MB, then aborted.
After restarting it again tried to patch 2391 MB instead of 2351 MB.
Career Officer
# 7
11-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Just FYI if you just patch up Tribble (you don't even have to play on Tribble); there's zero need to pre-patch (IE you can cancel it); because on launch day, if you have Tribble fully patched, and no Pre-Patch data; the patcher will just copy what it needs directly from the Tribble folder.

(The Season update system has always worked that way.)

If you haven't signed up for Tribble, that alone is a good reason to if you don't want to hassle with their Pre-Patch system - but still want to have the patch data on your PC ready to be copied over on Launch Day.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."