Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Waiting for Oppen or some other person to post what we all need to know.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Anyone have this knowledge?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I just know that you get different artefacts and stuff like that in the different clusters (or maybe at advanced level).
3 of each kind, i think i was up to 3 or 4 different coloured icons for them in the beta. but i didn't had the time to get to memory alpha to check again and again in the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
I was hoping to figure this out soon, too. However I am not in areas yet that drop biological or antimatter samples. I am worried that I will be long past needing even modified T2 equipment before I get to the next crafting station/scientist. In fact, I am worried that I will be past needing whatever the next scientist deems worthy to craft/sell to me as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I have all these samples and at level 7 no one there including her is giving me any quests or any crafting templates or anything really, I spent over an hour trying to figure out what I missing before I gave up and left the system...what am I missing?

I turned in the thing to the recepticle and she was like ok thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm sure they're figuring it out.

They could just hastily decide to make it a "world event" and in order to open Memory Alpha, Romaine's gonna need 1000 green phasers or something.

Hey, it would stop the whining. At least you'd know what to do.

I don't know how high they stack, so I'm just keeping all my samples in my inventory, and banking the 5-stack mats for now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Any real info available out there?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Like Elwood....i'm not gonna sweat it for now...it seems (sorry cryptic) kinda poorly designed atm...by the time you find the requirements for the items, its very likely you can find them, or better on loot drops. Hopefully, some unique stuff can be gotten, but for now, it looks pretty pointless...sorta like getting my free Lt Cmdr ship on Tue, when i'll likely be a Cmdr by then

Just from talking and reading the Romaine text, it does look to me like you may get points for making stuff...what that number is is anyone's guess but after talking to Romaine and trying to speak to other researchers, i get the ole "you need to do more for Romaine" line which seems to indicate a certain number of projects. I think one poster said they tried to make 100 items...wow..that's excessive but mabey there's a much smaller number but they have to be different items?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
I know of a few friends in my fleet that were able to unlock access to the other researchers, but they were neither aware of how they did it or when it was achieved.
Are these people of a particular archetype?
Did these people approach her while at particular level range?
Did they first approach her BEFORE doing Egg's mission with samples?
Did they pick the same starting BO type while in tutorial?

...grabbing at straws, I know... but ANYTHING similar between them? - I refuse to think progression chance in MA is random.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 03:59 PM
And here I was about to make a thread. Nobody knows anything about this, many people try alot of different stuff and the only dev commentary I ever read about this is that Romaine moves to memory alpha. I'm going out of ideas and I can't be bothered to gather the materials for 100 green phaser arrays.