Lt. Commander
# 51
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlinjoe View Post
Deep Space 9 in the Romulan sectors. However, if I were you, I would save my money and my mats until they clear up and/or fix Memory Alpha.
good thing I read this thread, saved me a lot of trouble/resources/credits. I was doing some useless things it seems:
- Assumed crafting stuff would unlock other things, so...
- Assumed crafting lots of medium hypos would do it, so...
- Was buying medium hypos from Exchange at crazy prices, didn't know about DS9, luckily I only bought like 4 (at 120 credits each)
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlinjoe View Post
Deep Space 9 in the Romulan sectors. However, if I were you, I would save my money and my mats until they clear up and/or fix Memory Alpha.
DS9 is MUCH closer to Cardasian space than it is to Romulan space. Technically it is in Bajoran space...
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood011 View Post
That is apparently what we call crafting in STO. Supposedly there is some advancemet after crafting/buying enough stuff from the lettuce lady, but there is no definitive answer on how many things you need to craft/buy.

I am Lt Cmdr and already have more powerful gear than what little Miss Ceaser salad can make for me. I have piles of standard data materials, too. What I don't have is a pile of medium hypos and medium shield generators. You can get the small ones from your replicator. Does anyone know if you can buy mediums anywhere?
this is my fear..... first no one has really told me why i want to open her or deal with the others. what i have seen are just minor buffs and honestly not worth the effort. so if i waste time with here will the others just offer buffs i that arent really that big a deal

i also think that this could have been intended for players who are well lets call the "casual" gamers to get some higer end loot they are missing out on. or a mini game for people who want to craft.

If i dont have to i dont want to waste time collecting all that BS trash. I could get by with never having to loot an anomoly

So I want to know what the benefits or rewards are before fiddling around making that lady phasers.

Are the buffs enough that the we will be forced to do it to keep up with others in pvp?

I would just rather get credits and buy it off the market that collect 20 urine samples or dull particles
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post

i also think that this could have been intended for players who are well lets call the "casual" gamers to get some higer end loot they are missing out on. or a mini game for people who want to craft.
This can't be for casual players, there are better quest rewards and the amount of samples of the right type just to get a couple upgrades is kinda silly. Besides once those casual players make it to their LT Cmdr title, those casual players will still be stuck on Romaine with her same crappy stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I just hope it works soon.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Still broken I do believe.

I'm hoarding all my anomalies They stack to 50 BTW ...
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
this is my fear..... first no one has really told me why i want to open her or deal with the others. what i have seen are just minor buffs and honestly not worth the effort. so if i waste time with here will the others just offer buffs i that arent really that big a deal

If i dont have to i dont want to waste time collecting all that BS trash. I could get by with never having to loot an anomoly

So I want to know what the benefits or rewards are before fiddling around making that lady phasers.

Are the buffs enough that the we will be forced to do it to keep up with others in pvp?

I would just rather get credits and buy it off the market that collect 20 urine samples or dull particles
I will probably waste my time collecting samples because I want to find out, and am too pig-headed to just give up on it. Maybe at top level scientists, they can craft you a kill-o-zap gun!
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
This I been looking for an answer too myself, I already had gather so many resources of different types, have a good size populations, of mineral, energy, radiation, etc going back and forth to capt rom and still nothing happen.

About ready to give up. Hope they address this soon.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=97328

Posted what I found in Tier 2 so far and my current rank and grade