Lt. Commander
# 1 Best Launch in History?
01-30-2010, 06:18 AM
I think so. If you can think of any better, (please spare me ones like Rappelz, ********* and Ryzom *giggles*) I'd like to know...

(I know it's technically wasn't launch day, but STILL)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Rappelz. =p Honestly though, I haven't been in too many top-tier games in the beta-launch phase. All of em I've seen all have their own share of growing pains coming out of the gate. The free ones usually launch a lot smoother, sometimes even seamlessly, but that's usually because you could shove the entire player base into a small Volkswagen at the time of release.

I personally say Cryptic's done a pretty decent job with this so far. I just wish I could say the same for Steam. Ironic that the file host would fail harder then the game developer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Almost : there were connection problems at 10am. But overall, yes, this was pretty smooth. Provided that the whole architecture doesn't blow up on monday when the masses connect, I'd say that Cryptic did pretty well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Apart from the mass flood of people at 1pm EDT (10am PDT) that broke the damn server yesterday, and the delay in the lifetimers getting their Borg characters... yeah. It was pretty smooth. I was impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Account server issue for the first hour and the occasional missing BO from a quest reward is about it.
There has been some rubberbanding/lag in the game but I dont find that all that big a deal for a new launch game.

So far so good!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I have seen alot worse...

Best one with out a glitch that I participated in was RFO. Although the game sucked in general there were no problems at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 07:20 AM
It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 07:23 AM
I've seen worse as well. But if you think this was the best I'd say you haven't been in many. First hour I was wondering if I'd made a mistake as no one could get in. All day I had server disconnects, rubber banding and lag spikes. I'm definitely taking tuesday off as that will probably be a disaster.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Did the servers ever crash? I played most of the day and they never went down. Sure, there were individuals who crashed (I did once), but the game itself didn't seem to crash.

I'd say this was a pretty good launch, over all. Which kind of sucks. I predicted at least 2 server crashes on the first day <sigh>. I hate being wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjera View Post
I think so. If you can think of any better, (please spare me ones like Rappelz, ********* and Ryzom *giggles*) I'd like to know...

(I know it's technically wasn't launch day, but STILL)
I don't know what your smokin but it must be some good $h*t! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwolonewulf View Post
It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst.
THIS