Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I think the SNB should be removed and replaced with another sci ability like sensor scan or scattering field. An on demand subnuc anybody can call is overpowered in pvp, but switching the ability out for something else will make the distress call more useful in pve so I don't think they would complain either.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 2
12-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I think the SNB should be removed and replaced with another sci ability like sensor scan or scattering field. An on demand subnuc anybody can call is overpowered in pvp, but switching the ability out for something else will make the distress call more useful in pve so I don't think they would complain either.
I can get on board with this one. Ran into a team once running 4 sci captains and each player was using Nimbus, for a total of 9 SNB's available on demand. Ridiculous. At least make them like "Fleet" abilities where only 1 can be active at any time and activating a 2nd replaces the first.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-10-2013, 08:52 AM
lol ya 8 or 9 snb plus TIF is too much
Captain
# 4
12-10-2013, 08:55 AM
What ARE you on about? The Nimbus SNB is an annoyance not a concern, try fighting a sci carrier loaded with SNB doffs, that's something to worry about, when facing a team of 4 sci's play defensively as a team using your heals to keep the nuke target alive while to fry the opposing team weakest player first, easy! All too frequently I laugh off multiple SNBs so yeah, do leave it as is and learn to fly defensively.
Captain
# 5
12-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Make the distress call use a device slot, nobody will use it outside of PVE
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Make the distress call use a device slot, nobody will use it outside of PVE
man it have extend shild plus healing , just that is very usefull in pvp
Captain
# 7
12-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Got to agree with the op. Given how useless SNB is in PvE, it'll probably be a welcome change for the majority of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
I can get on board with this one. Ran into a team once running 4 sci captains and each player was using Nimbus, for a total of 9 SNB's available on demand. Ridiculous.
Yeah I've fought similar teams with that setup.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Commander
# 8
12-10-2013, 09:08 AM
I strongly agree with this. Pirates should not have science's strongest ability. It's like stop trying to kill PVP. Anyone using this in a 1v1 or any PVP fight is a complete noob, and you have no honor. You should be ashamed of yourself. I understand some people are just losers and can't hang with real players like me. So they look for every cheap trick they can find.

A real fact, I never used pirates ever. I instantly threw it away. As a KDF Science General, I have no need for 2 subnucleonic beams. You gotta be a real horrid player to rely on such trickery and dishonor.
QUEEN SCORA

Captain
# 9
12-10-2013, 09:22 AM
yeah. Giving the NPDC Sensor Scan or Scattering Field would still keep it useful for PvP and PvE and not be OP. In fact, that would make it even more useful in PvE as there are only really 3 instances in PvE where a Sub Nuke is useful.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Agreed. Taking it off of that Chel Grett would be wise. ONLY that version of it though, leave any other Breen NPCs alone, they are fine as is.

Extra guaranteed SNBs is ridiculous.