Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 111
10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbones2007 View Post
well when you kig dirt bags and tip of spear exploiters all you can do is talk trash in zone,
exploit broken stuff, then call tactics cheating??/ you are morons, and tiraomega, dont claim you dont use the log exploit to cheat death, and tip of spear members got to duel box to cheat, of lay off... and i am welsh, that makes me good at serving "tea"...drink up

oh bucky, i went to pryo because i got tired of fs and tip of the spear using non stop exploits against me, one v one any day...... you know my handle

ps i have 17 screen shots of kig/fs/ tip of spear exploits, one where "alcom" admits to duel boxing....... and the trash talk kig and rose tyler did on otha to instigate my tasty cups of "tea"
don't like?? beam out..or log out like ya'll do in pvp to keep for a death point, "/log out" must be you guys screen saver...dont even get me started on the cloaking expploits you people use...so buzz off morons

Bonez McCoy

oh tira, 1v1 any day any time, you two faced commie !!!

you know my handle .........
Why do I get the distinct impression that you aren't the real McCoy? For starters your sentence structure is much different from the actual ingame Bonez McCoy. Secondly, at least from my past interactions with the real Bonez McCoy, he had a much cooler demeanor than demonstrated here. Something is off, very off.
Career Officer
# 112
10-31-2013, 10:20 PM
I do think that is bonez, he is tired of people calling us exploiters and all we are doing I fighting back against who used them against us first. I will admit to using biochemist, but it was not until the last three weeks. I got tired of people using it against me. This might be a rotten attitude but if it is an exploit used against me I have no problem with using it against the same person. People claim cloaking is not an exploit, I agree to a point. If you uncloak on someone, lunge them, and then use a pulsewave that is just as bad as a sword. It is almost constant knock back. This is the reason we hunt cloakers. It was even worse when lunge and pounce did not share the same cooldown. This was an awesome fix from Cryptic.

Bonez you need to calm down in the forums buddy.

Next I don't see why this community is so worked up. If your talk to people like you want to be talked to yourself, we can get more done. If you think there is a bug we need to report it. Sometime it does take Cryptic time to find out what it causing bugs. But from what I have heard in testing already done on Tribbel the knock back sword exploit is still not fixed. I have not seen any Tribble patch notes saying it is fixed, but I have not looked.
Captain
# 113
11-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
I do think that is bonez, he is tired of people calling us exploiters and all we are doing I fighting back against who used them against us first. I will admit to using biochemist, but it was not until the last three weeks. I got tired of people using it against me. This might be a rotten attitude but if it is an exploit used against me I have no problem with using it against the same person. People claim cloaking is not an exploit, I agree to a point. If you uncloak on someone, lunge them, and then use a pulsewave that is just as bad as a sword. It is almost constant knock back. This is the reason we hunt cloakers. It was even worse when lunge and pounce did not share the same cooldown. This was an awesome fix from Cryptic.

Bonez you need to calm down in the forums buddy.

Next I don't see why this community is so worked up. If your talk to people like you want to be talked to yourself, we can get more done. If you think there is a bug we need to report it. Sometime it does take Cryptic time to find out what it causing bugs. But from what I have heard in testing already done on Tribbel the knock back sword exploit is still not fixed. I have not seen any Tribble patch notes saying it is fixed, but I have not looked.
Nulonu confirms, chain knockback is fixed on Tribble (for the most part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulonu View Post
Now that's how I remember it being. Can't chain knock npcs anymore. When you get an exploit hit on them is the only time they fall over. Lunge is knocking them down most of the time but not quite all the time. Can clearly see that knock back resistance is working.
Now there is just the matter of adding knockback resistances to Lunge, Pounce, Bite, Pulsewaves, and [KB3] mod weapons. However that is coming per this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Lunge is affected, but Lunge also has its own Knockback in addition to the knockback it was gaining from the enhancement I fixed. Pulsewaves are not affected by the change to the enhancement, but we'll be adding KB resistance to any KB power that doesn't grant KB resistance.
Thus, knockback will be fixed by Season Eight. As far as I understand, Cryo Immobilizer Module and the Biochemist duty officers will be fixed soon as well. Kit swapping type A has had a fix deployed for several days now. That just leaves kit swapping type B (for cooldown reduction), medical vanguard + elite fleet armor, and stealth hiding animations at 30 meters as the remaining significant bugs currently in the ground game.

I understand you are sick of people using exploits on ground, I'm of the same mindset. Personally, I despise exploits, I avoid using them like the plague. When the Cryo Pulsewave was a problem, I didn't use it. For months people used it against me, but I refused to stoop to the low level of pulling one out myself. Eventually I got fed up with it and I used it, applying a liberal amount of oneshots via the operative kit to the people that had used it against me. About a month after which it finally got fixed. There are a lot of problems ingame right now; Cryo Immobilizer Module, Sword or multisource Knockback, DoT duty officers, and the biochemist duty officer. All of which I don't use and I fight such players without abusing the problems.

As for the whole Bonez exploding here, I was finally able to get into game long enough to confirm that the message here on the forums was indeed from him. Either that or the mildly colorful message he sent me ingame was a perfect coincidence.

@Bonez, I was merely attempting to explain why I have a problem with your fleet at the moment. There is no malicious intent upon my part here. You stopped to talk with me about it a few weeks ago, telling me that your fleet is all into fair play, teamwork, and just here for the fun of the game. I can respect that, I took it to heart, and I genuinely tried to put my past views regarding your fleet aside.

Well, actions speak louder than words. Three nights ago you and your fleet beam in camped Otha. Now you can say that you and Doc are against that sort of thing, but both of you were there and both of you helped with the camping. Neither of you said anything, at least not in zone chat, when one of your party repeatedly crouch humped my female character's lower region after killing my character. Nor when they did the same to the others that were camped. What you did do was PM me telling me that it's nothing personal, and everything they were doing is because of the war (with KIG).

This is a video game, not the real world, a video game. There is absolutely no reason for such unsportsmanlike conduct. Ever since that "war" with KIG started up, Otha has been infested with drama and spawn camping, "make peace" already and finish it. Some of us go to Otha to do "To the Front Lines (Daily)". Dying before the beam in animation finishes makes it rather impossible. What your fleet is doing, camping the Otha spawn, is no different than what a well known group of Starfleet Oral Hygienists used to do in Ker'rat.

You're upset that Hammer has a bad reputation right now, well, only you and your fleetmates can fix that problem. There was once a time when fighting with or against your fleet was enjoyable, oh how that's changed over the last 6 months. Perhaps that will change in the future, only time will tell. I will say though, your fleet truly does have some nice people, it's not too far of a stretch to believe a change could happen.

Now, this thread has become far too hostile, let's try to cool this whole thing down or I'll simply stop replying.
Survivor of Romulus
# 114
11-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Hammer has a bad rep? I thought FES held that title?
Commander
# 115
11-01-2013, 08:52 AM
This crap was never worth paying attention to and it's why mimeys great idea of a no bs tourney with totally random teams balanced for fun, even matches would never work in this environment. Not only that, but newbies trying out ground being subjected to the zone trolling and insults tossed around in matches are going to be turned off by the toxicity of the atmosphere as much as they are by broken mechanics. Usually I just turn zone off in matches so I'm not reading nasty comments and trolling from people I don't know/have never talked to.

It's great when a dev steps in and says "ya that's broke" and removes all doubt. Season updates are great opportunities to draw attention to broken things. I'm sure adjudicator is sick of seeing pm's in his inbox from me! Big thanks to him for taking the time to chat with me about things when he can.

Everyone should be really excited that the knock back power that was ignoring resists is fixed. From testing on tribble there will be no more pounce chaining going on. No one is going to be able to cycle kits to put nhm on them self and teammates. There will be no more fire scis putting nhm on from a medic kit before putting physicist kit back on. Hopefully, we'll see the biochem doff, and cryo immobilizer fixed soon also.

Bottom line, it's a really exciting time to be a ground player IMO. Stop raging, phasers ready, and have fun.

Last edited by nulonu; 11-01-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 116
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
and tip of spear members got to duel box to cheat
Quote:
oh bucky, i went to pryo because i got tired of fs and tip of the spear using non stop exploits against me

ps i have 17 screen shots of kig/fs/ tip of spear exploits, one where "alcom" admits to duel boxing.......
Bonez McCoy
How is duel boxing a cheat? It puts a player at a disadvantage having to control 2 toons at once and takes up 2 player slots. It does not gain us an extra player. It actually helps fill teams so the matches will start. Of course he admits to it, the DEVs are even discussing if ARC will still allow duel boxing.
(http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=63)
(http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=251)
It is openly discussed. Tip of the Spear does not use cloak, Type 3 phasers, swords, kit swapping, log out during matches, etc. There are only a few of us and only one that cloaks is not playing any longer (that I am aware of).

We are open to discussions about anything people think is unfair, but Alcom wins most duels 1v1 as well, so skill is a factor. Duel boxing is for fun and to balance the numbers, not exploit. Feel free to express your experience and how you feel it is an exploit. I have teamed up with a second player and dueled Alcom/Carmen and we win every time against the duel boxing, so I see no problem as he beats me 1v1.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 11-01-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 117
11-01-2013, 09:41 AM
@majortiraomega: I have screenshots of that occasion, yes Doc was there overseeing the camping.

Tip of the Spear doesn't even use Catians, so we have never exploited the pounce knockback. How many other people here can say they do not have a Catian toon? I bought the race and had one, but deleted it before the revamp made them OP.
We had 1 member who cloaked and used a Catian, but he rarely speaks to any of us, and if we see him we usually end up against him in a match.

Tip of the Spear is primarily just myself and my son (x2 as he brings 2 boxes). I have tried it a few times, but I am not about to spend the 2 years training my reflexes and all needed to do it effectively. I understand some may see it as an exploit, we have even discussed it, but why not team up with him and do a few STFs/PvP and watch for yourself. I believe that if you really honestly evaluate the idea, you will agree that it is far better to have him split between 2 than teamed up with someone at or near his skill level.
Empire Veteran
# 118
11-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulonu View Post
This crap was never worth paying attention to and it's why mimeys great idea of a no bs tourney with totally random teams balanced for fun, even matches would never work in this environment. Not only that, but newbies trying out ground being subjected to the zone trolling and insults tossed around in matches are going to be turned off by the toxicity of the atmosphere as much as they are by broken mechanics. Usually I just turn zone off in matches so I'm not reading nasty comments and trolling from people I don't know/have never talked to.
I admit, I was avoiding posting in this thread the past few pages because of the heated discussion that arose. I had no real part in it anyways.

Now that it's cooled a bit more, thank you Nulonu. I know you just said that the tourny idea wouldn't work. But, as long as this continues between the various ground fleets, nothing will change. Something must change before something can be tried.

I do want it to happen, but it all depends on everyone else basically managing a 'cease fire' of sorts. At least season 8 will be bringing some really good changes for ground which will help a lot.

Ensign
# 119 Me.
11-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
one where "alcom" admits to duel boxing.......
Bonez McCoy
Umm, if I recall correctly I did more then admit to it, I even showed you some of how I do it, took you on a STF. I am not trying to hide it, people just assume I am two different people. I have explained time and time again no bots, no exploits, no cats, no cloaks.

I am specced space and ground [as BOTH OF ME play space AND ground on the same toons.]

I use one button per power. For example: In ground ambush is Z. For my engineer I think its mortar. If it did both at once I would be FORCED to lay a mortar every time I hit ambush, that's stupid. No, I hit Z on one, then click the other box and click Z again to do both those things.

If this is such a exploit let me so YOU do it. [I mean really dodge grenades that you can see, let alone the cloaked ones from... certain people.] And uhh, no I still can't dodge grenades anywhere near 100% yet, which is my point.

I am very open about this, I still have trouble jumping with both toons in infected, but get better everyday. [I would even like to think I can beat my father and his friend 2vs2 sometimes lol]

So bottom line is, some people can play Guitar Hero on expert near perfect, some can play Megaman using no special weapons and never get hit. I can duel log two players almost as good as two. Maybe one day I will actually be able to be equal to two people.

Please don't hate on something just because you assume to much.

CABrandt and Carmen, spawn guardians.

Tip of the Spear ----->
Captain
# 120
11-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Hammer has a bad rep? I thought FES held that title?
To my dismay, all ground pvp fleets are the same. I will never join another. All Federation premades are steam rolling animals who have caused the lack of players in ground pvp with their unspartsman-like behaivior. I have more fun in the FVK random teaming.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039

Last edited by mcduffie369; 11-01-2013 at 02:25 PM.