Community Moderator
Okay, going to come right out and say that I am still in "sticker shock" over the cost of the T2 Embassy upgrade.

10K fleet marks? 300K dilithium? Not even talking about the insane amount of consumables involved. Especially right after we had to do the T2 Recruitment Track upgrade.

I suspect that not only will I have "sticker shock", but may very well have "buyer's remorse".

My dinky little fleet is still cranking away, but...

Seriously, Cryptic. I'd like to see the Fleet Advancement system streamlined somewhat and more reward for progress.

I know you can't completely rip out the existing Tier system. But some kind of non-numeric reward for normal project completion would help make it feel worthwhile. Project "chains" similar to the DO Assignment chains that reward some kind of holding improvement on completion would give us a sense that we're actually building and improving something.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 2
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
That is not sticker shock. Sticker shock is for the Tier 3 Embassy and Mine. 2 million dilithium for the Embassy and 30,000 Fleet Marks and 5,000 Mine Provisions for the Mine. Still not sure how my fleet finished off the requirements for the Tier 3 Embassy on November 1. Took almost 3 months to complete the requirements for that.
Captain
# 3
11-04-2013, 11:58 AM
<mindless non-answer>Hurr hurr be social and join a bigger fleet. Tiny fleets were never meant to prosper. </mindless non-answer>

Career Officer
# 4
11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Wait until you see the tier 3 upgrades.

I could give you 10k or so fleet marks, as it doesn't look like I'll be able to contribute them to my fleet anytime soon (hundreds of members with thousands each). Doing so would present logistical problem for me as there are only a couple of active fleet admirals who could restore my rank afterwards, but it could probably be arranged... 'course you'll probably have the project filled by then
Community Moderator
# 5
11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Wait until you see the tier 3 upgrades.

I could give you 10k or so fleet marks, as it doesn't look like I'll be able to contribute them to my fleet anytime soon (hundreds of members with thousands each). Doing so would present logistical problem for me as there are only a couple of active fleet admirals who could restore my rank afterwards, but it could probably be arranged... 'course you'll probably have the project filled by then
My short answer to that is, anybody who wants to drop in to our fleet just long enough to score some fleet credits is welcome to do it. Send me an email or tell in-game and I'll make the arrangements. Marhawkman can do the invites, too. We already had one kind soul drop in to do just that very thing, and he left with my blessings and a lump sum of credits.

The sticky point is actually the commodities (and DO's). Can't complete projects without filling them, no matter how many fleet marks you can drop in. If I can't queue up new projects, I can't give people anything to fill.

We're not even thinking about the Spire at this point.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 6
11-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Bah, quit whining. I soloed my embassy, 2M minerals and all.
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-04-2013, 05:46 PM
My fleet is onto it's second T3 mine sub track upgrade.
The 10k FM requirement, commodities and doffs are the least of our worries (although the 9k doffs I think it is, is ridiculous from a mouse clicking standpoint), the >650k dil requirement is the major thing holding us back.

All the projects requiring dil have ground to a halt as we take the next two to three weeks or so perhaps to fill it.
Then we need to do the T3 mine upgrade itself which'll take 2-3 times as long.

All the while Cryptic bring out a new holding to further spread our resources out.

Smaller fleets get more and more left behind as each holding is released...
I'm confident my fleet will finish our mine and finally fully complete a holding, will at least give us the discounts to give us a hope of finishing the others.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Captain
# 8
11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
That is not sticker shock. Sticker shock is for the Tier 3 Embassy and Mine. 2 million dilithium for the Embassy and 30,000 Fleet Marks and 5,000 Mine Provisions for the Mine. Still not sure how my fleet finished off the requirements for the Tier 3 Embassy on November 1. Took almost 3 months to complete the requirements for that.
Lel Took my fleet of 250+ members 1 week to fill it up.. *dilithium* that is... Marks was around 36hrs to fill up.. the rest are filled..

In the other hand.. I am shocked that one of sto's Volunteer Moderator had to come out and say this.. for cryptic to not even listen... *on that part I am with bluegeek!!!* I myself which own 4 fleets.. it is.. insane just the amount for that... EVEN with the discounts...
AKA "Comrademoco" Join Date: February 20th, 2012
Follow me on: Twitter - Raptr - Arc
Check out my Screenshots at:Imgur
Join the: R&D_Trade Channel
Community Manager at Borg Defiants

Last edited by generalmoco; 11-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Captain
# 9
11-04-2013, 06:59 PM
The worst part is when you are the only player in your fleet who is contributing dilithium to the fleet projects. Many fleets are stuck at low tiers because players have simply choosen to hoard their dilithium rather than invest in their fleets.
Captain
# 10
11-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
Lel Took my fleet of 250+ members 1 week to fill it up.. *dilithium* that is... Marks was around 36hrs to fill up.. the rest are filled..

In the other hand.. I am shocked that one of sto's Volunteer Moderator had to come out and say this.. for cryptic to not even listen... *on that part I am with bluegeek!!!* I myself which own 4 fleets.. it is.. insane just the amount for that... EVEN with the discounts...
Being a volunteer mod doesn't give you the ear of Cryptic - as far as gameplay feedback goes, they're pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
The worst part is when you are the only player in your fleet who is contributing dilithium to the fleet projects. Many fleets are stuck at low tiers because players have simply choosen to hoard their dilithium rather than invest in their fleets.
Unfortunately, there's no way to tell who is donating which items. It seems the only viable solutions are a) fleets so small that everyone knows each other and they all contribute, or b) fleets so large that it doesn't matter. Of course, small fleets have their own challenges.