Community Moderator
# 11
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Bah, quit whining. I soloed my embassy, 2M minerals and all.
[biggrin] And how many hours a week do you play? [/biggrin]

I prefer to think of it as "feedback". I could endure the time and 'expense' a lot more if fleet advancement were a bit more granular and project completion felt like progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
In the other hand.. I am shocked that one of sto's Volunteer Moderator had to come out and say this.. for cryptic to not even listen... *on that part I am with bluegeek!!!* I myself which own 4 fleets.. it is.. insane just the amount for that... EVEN with the discounts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Being a volunteer mod doesn't give you the ear of Cryptic - as far as gameplay feedback goes, they're pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us.
This.

I don't really get any special treatment in-game and that's the way it should be. I spoke, they probably listened, but I don't expect to get an answer and I don't expect any kind of immediate change. At best, some Dev took another look at the numerics for the upgrade and made a note to look into it. More likely, they didn't.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 12
11-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Just keep plugging away. My fleet is in the same boat having hit T3 SB upgrades and T2 Embassy upgrades at roughly the same time. Progress is slow of course when one person has done 70% of all donating. And even with alts the numbers are prohibitive. This is a game, not a second job.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Captain
# 13
11-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Our fleet has just finished T5 science (2 weeks and counting). We're T5, T3 and T3 - and looking forward to the Spire.

But if you think the sticker shock on T2 is nasty - you ain't seen nothing yet.

Delirium Tremens is a small, but active fleet. With a very active management, we've been able to keep our focus on a certain number of projects per day. We actively monitor our players and expect them to balance donate (not just dump one thing), to maintain access to fleet provisions.

We understand the real costs to building the station AND the hidden costs of provisioning the assets.

They key - I believe - is to educate your fellow fleeties and actively do events to generate the necessary resources.

It's not that hard.
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com

Last edited by ddesjardins; 11-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
11-07-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
My short answer to that is, anybody who wants to drop in to our fleet just long enough to score some fleet credits is welcome to do it. Send me an email or tell in-game and I'll make the arrangements. Marhawkman can do the invites, too. We already had one kind soul drop in to do just that very thing, and he left with my blessings and a lump sum of credits.

The sticky point is actually the commodities (and DO's). Can't complete projects without filling them, no matter how many fleet marks you can drop in. If I can't queue up new projects, I can't give people anything to fill.

We're not even thinking about the Spire at this point.
You've probably got marks covered by now. Even though big upgrades need a lot of fleet marks, it's easy to get a steady stream of them in.

I feel you on the doffs and commodities. The best I could offer there would be invites to a Tuffli or embassy for the discount commodity brokers there (I think a Ferengi toon gets an additional discount if you use one).
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
That is not sticker shock. Sticker shock is for the Tier 3 Embassy and Mine. 2 million dilithium for the Embassy and 30,000 Fleet Marks and 5,000 Mine Provisions for the Mine. Still not sure how my fleet finished off the requirements for the Tier 3 Embassy on November 1. Took almost 3 months to complete the requirements for that.

you should do not have done this, this tier is useless
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Career Officer
# 16
11-07-2013, 08:50 AM
I would love to see a Tiered Fleet system put into place based on the number of members.

T1 - 25 members
T2 - 100 members
T3 - 250 Members
T4 - 375 Members
T5 - 500 members

The fleet projects requirements would then be based on the Tier level of the fleet, as outlined above.

The lower the tier, the fewer the resources required to complete the project.

I would also eliminate the ability to buy from other fleet stores using your own fleets provisions. If you want to use the provisions that your fleet has, then they should be used in your own stores, not other fleets store. Just like Ship Provisions.

This would encourage people to spread out to more fleets instead of consolidating into a few 500 member fleets. This would also help the smaller fleets by lowering the project costs since they have far fewer members for contributions.

Fleet Tier upgrading would be done for free at the same NPC where you create the fleet. You can only go up 1 tier at a time and only if you are member capped.

So if you have 25 members, the fleet owner could go to the NPC and upgrade the fleet to Tier 2 for free, allowing more players to join.

The projects requirements would automatically adjust and cost more than if they had stayed at Tier 1.
Captain
# 17
11-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwhite0 View Post
you should do not have done this, this tier is useless
Need to do it to get the Embassy Costume and apparently it makes the Lobby room look better. Was actually expecting to get the Mine done first, but that is only missing the 6% Dilithium Discount.