Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Lt. Commander
Stop complaining about Dyson Reputation grinds. A simple analysis proves why:

1. The main project gives 2500 commendation points - 500 more then Omega, Nukara or Romulan.

2. This project only costs 1 commendation. The other reps all cost 10k expertise, 30k+ ec in commodities and up to 32 marks.

3. This commendation is automatically given on completion of the first STF per day. You need to play one mission per day to grind dyson rep.

4. This mission also gives marks, meaning that you can either get an extra 150-450 commendation exp (depends on which mission you play, TBE is the highest) or save enough marks to buy gear upon reaching tier 5.

5. Advancing a tier only costs 5 marks.

If you only play 1 mission per day, you will end up at tier 5 in 40 days with ~1500 extra dyson marks. This is FAR easier then the omega or nukara reps.

The gear is also cheaper - only 9k dilithium for gear that costs 15k in the other reps.
Captain
# 2
11-19-2013, 11:06 AM
The little talked about part of the rep is that you need exactly 40 commendations to advance through the entire thing.

100000/2500

The easiest way to get 40 commendations is to do the 20 hour 350 marks project (it literally takes a half hour to get 350 marks in the battlezone) eight times

So four hours of battlezoning and then logging in once every day for 30 seconds = hard?

This is without doing the little 150 point projects, you could speed it up a LOT depending on how hardcore you want to be in game every hour.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 11-19-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Commander
# 3
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Can't wait for the nerf.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Captain
# 4
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Wait til you get your first one to tier 5, everyone after that only needs 20 comms

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-19-2013, 11:13 AM
10-20 minutes of Sphere space zone missions gets me enough marks to do the 2500 rep and 2 140 rep missions, and still have 50+ marks per day.

Yes it is the easiest lo level, but the same grind to get the sets, especially if you want more than one....

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 6
11-19-2013, 11:15 AM
If they build A good old fashion story around it to get it ? I would loved it....
Captain
# 7
11-19-2013, 11:17 AM
My only complaint, literally the only one, about this rep is that the tiered missions that are given out so far have been only cutscene with zero interaction.

The romulan ones actually had missions to do. In that regard I am wholly disappointed. =/

Career Officer
# 8
11-19-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree with you... Yes it's another grind but its been made far simpler. I have avoided the reps until now... I leveled up one toon in Romulan rep to tier 5 but am now completing them all. I have 15 toons I want to get the rep on mostly for the passives. I'm already tier 3 Dyson on one person and I'm going to use the sponsor token for the rest after he is leveled up. I've also shifted my toons to doing the Dyson for dilithium as it is a better grind than anything else when it comes to time invested. You get your dilithium and your marks at the same time without cooldowns.

With the sponsor token I have four other reps that started tier 1 Romulan when S8 went live and are now approaching tier 4 Romulan and should be tier 5 next week at the latest.
I for one am very happy about that and there is probably more sales in it for Cryptic as a result. I'm playing my alts again instead of using them just for dilithium grinding. So whine if you like folks but this grind isn't much of a grind anymore. Grinding is never going to go away... this is an mmo. This game also is F2P... so get used to it, or move on to something that suits your tastes.
Captain
# 9
11-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Im surprised so many people are already at tier 3 actually. I am 1 commendation project from it, but i could have gotten there I guess, you guys are grinding it hard though.

Mathematically if someone had like 16 hours a day to play they could already be tier 4. Or very very close.

Career Officer
# 10
11-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
10-20 minutes of Sphere space zone missions gets me enough marks to do the 2500 rep and 2 140 rep missions, and still have 50+ marks per day.

Yes it is the easiest lo level, but the same grind to get the sets, especially if you want more than one....
The grind for gear is less than the others because there is no grind to unlock the stores. You pay for the gear that comes with the tier and that's it. You also get your dilithium at the same time so no need to go do dilithium dailies on top of earning your marks. Since the tiers are easier to obtain and their isn't a store to unlock it's certainly not the same.