Stop complaining about Dyson Reputation grinds. A simple analysis proves why:
1. The main project gives 2500 commendation points - 500 more then Omega, Nukara or Romulan.
2. This project only costs 1 commendation. The other reps all cost 10k expertise, 30k+ ec in commodities and up to 32 marks.
3. This commendation is automatically given on completion of the first STF per day. You need to play one mission per day to grind dyson rep.
4. This mission also gives marks, meaning that you can either get an extra 150-450 commendation exp (depends on which mission you play, TBE is the highest) or save enough marks to buy gear upon reaching tier 5.
5. Advancing a tier only costs 5 marks.
If you only play 1 mission per day, you will end up at tier 5 in 40 days with ~1500 extra dyson marks. This is FAR easier then the omega or nukara reps.
The gear is also cheaper - only 9k dilithium for gear that costs 15k in the other reps.
I agree with you... Yes it's another grind but its been made far simpler. I have avoided the reps until now... I leveled up one toon in Romulan rep to tier 5 but am now completing them all. I have 15 toons I want to get the rep on mostly for the passives. I'm already tier 3 Dyson on one person and I'm going to use the sponsor token for the rest after he is leveled up. I've also shifted my toons to doing the Dyson for dilithium as it is a better grind than anything else when it comes to time invested. You get your dilithium and your marks at the same time without cooldowns.
With the sponsor token I have four other reps that started tier 1 Romulan when S8 went live and are now approaching tier 4 Romulan and should be tier 5 next week at the latest.
I for one am very happy about that and there is probably more sales in it for Cryptic as a result. I'm playing my alts again instead of using them just for dilithium grinding. So whine if you like folks but this grind isn't much of a grind anymore. Grinding is never going to go away... this is an mmo. This game also is F2P... so get used to it, or move on to something that suits your tastes.
10-20 minutes of Sphere space zone missions gets me enough marks to do the 2500 rep and 2 140 rep missions, and still have 50+ marks per day.
Yes it is the easiest lo level, but the same grind to get the sets, especially if you want more than one....
The grind for gear is less than the others because there is no grind to unlock the stores. You pay for the gear that comes with the tier and that's it. You also get your dilithium at the same time so no need to go do dilithium dailies on top of earning your marks. Since the tiers are easier to obtain and their isn't a store to unlock it's certainly not the same.