Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Rihannsu
# 21
11-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Three minutes? What are you doing, destroying the gate right out of the box?
Here was a fun 4-man STF event our fleet ran last Saturday that my team won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWOi5...ature=youtu.be

we beat ISE in 2:39. People just need to work on their builds more and find the fastest ways to get things done because cryptic is all about the grind.
Captain
# 22
11-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Pointing out one massively broken aspect of the game is not a defense for another massively grindy aspect of the game.

ROM are so overpowered it's simply mad.
Ensign
# 23
11-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I also like to point out that this special token that doubles the exp for the rep system requires to have a previous character on your account such as a main character or alt character to already have their rep system tier 5.... once that is finished this special token is to be given and is account locked to the rest of your characters.

to be honest they should give that 4k and 1.6k off the bat for the rest of the system and does not require this token... because it takes 20 hours to even finish that exp stuff for that part of the system and your getting only 2k and 800? that's sucks more time than any thing else... and I am talking about waiting over a month at least to get to tier 5 and I believe its not entirely worth the effort but it provides good items for me so I always do it....
Ensign
# 24
11-15-2013, 09:12 AM
I for one very much like the new reputation taking EC over consumables and hope that the other reps are retrofitted.
Career Officer
# 25
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm fine with the "EC instead of consumables" aspect. Consumables were an EC sink, after all, this just eliminates the middleman.

Overall I like the setup of the new Rep, apart from availability issues with Commendations. I think it is overly complex the way that one reward is tracked separately from the other rewards for the daily and team missions.

Just let us get more than one a day if we want. We already can get more than one a day, in fact, it's just random as bonus loot from rep crates and doffing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
how about they just give us the stuff instead of this point less grinding
Republic Veteran
# 27
11-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
This x100.

What is said by Cryptic employees in podcasts/interviews/livestreams and what actually goes into the game are often very different. Considering they just doubled the Dyson mark costs for the gear in that rep tree, I'll definitely wait and see how this works in-game before getting excited.

Edit: it seems that they doubled the Dyson mark cost across the board.
You must have missed the cost for the Personal Armor was 900 Marks, but now it's only 750, so it wasn't increased, it was DEcreased. So, there's that.

Also, it's 20 Marks from Tier 0 to Tier 5, and only 20 marks throughout the Rep for the 1 hour project. For the 20 hour Project, it's only 1 Commendation from Tier 0 to Tier 5. Plus, you can get Dyson Marks in the Sphere extremely easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
If you watch the video and read the dev blogs, the tokens are for the new rep only. THe old reps are not going to change. Brandon did say if the community likes the new system then they possibly will outfit the old reps with the new system.

This is good news at least partially. But the thing that I don't like is for some reason with the last patch on TRIBBLE, they doubled all the costs for the rep and gear. So I say no don't double the cost but ad the new token system and add the sponsor system as well so was can max rep the alts.
If that's the case, then why do you think I was able to sponsor 3 of my alt characters in the Romulan Rep system if it was ONLY for the Dyson Rep?

Last edited by blassreiterus; 11-15-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 28
11-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I agree update the other rep systems i especially like no longer do i have to do store projects which didn't make any sense to began with..
Rihannsu
# 29
11-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Please, god, yes convert the other reputations to the Dyson format. It is just infinitely better.
Captain
# 30
11-17-2013, 12:12 AM
How about leave them alone? The Dyson rep, for your first character takes 40 tokens to run to T5. Omega can be done in 18 ISE runs. Romulan in 4 Epohhs raised. Nukara, just pick it up as a side benefit whenever the Crystalline Event rolls around. This new format requires twice the grind of the old ones, and given that choice I'd rather deal with commodities.