Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
TBH, I'm just grinding through to get into a new ship and have a crap-ton of good weapons and consoles for when I have to start my joined Trill. In case Cryptic does something cool, I'm even playing an un-joined Trill right now (I know it's been said they won't join you with a symbiont, but wth, I'll give it a shot).

Anyway, don't look at this negatively, think of it as a unique opportunity to have the best equipped LT-1 in the game come 2/2/10
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Mitterak
-Signed Angry User who feels like he forgot to read the infos and wasted his money.
fixed it for you
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Think of head start as a giant field of mouse traps. All the head starters are the mice. They'll rush out and set off all the traps... and with a bit of luck come Feb 2nd you'll have a nice smooth ride to the lovely brick of cheese.

It's probably a blessing in disguise that I can't create my joined trill until then.... I'm waiting. DAO: Return to Ostagar saved me from any boredom I might have suffered.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I pre-ordered thinking that at launch I could use the items I paid for at pre-order. I'm now feeling like this jump start is a complete waste of time because I can't use my Trill character, my borg character, or any of the other neat items I PAID to receive at the start of the game. Instead I need to wait until tuesday to use them?

WHY?

People are talking about a smooth launch. It's a smooth relaunch of the beta- missing all the things we have now paid money for and no one will comment on why or who failed to realize this would make people angry. WHY did I pre-order. What was the point if I can't use theitems I was promised.

-Signed Angry User who feels like he has been cheated and wasted his money.
Because Tuesday *IS* launch?

/facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
i seen someone with the constitution class (per order ship) today.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoVonCat View Post
i seen someone with the constitution class (per order ship) today.
I thought I saw one, too, I figured I was just not looking close enough (was flying by him/her near a system and was going in, when I spun the camera I entered the system before I had a good look).

Has anyone else seen one???
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I understand why pre-order items aren't available until launch. But I also understand peoples frustration. One pre-order bonus is the head start. Which for people who bough the digital download is useless because the trill special abilities can't be used right until Tuesday, thus nullifying the headstart because they will have to start over again to get the bonus skills.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
You can use them at launch. At launch. The game official launch is in a few days. Head start isn't the game launch.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Its not like most of the pre-order stuff is all that great, a few extra uniforms, a ship you only command for about 20 hours of game play, ect ect ect... Honestly the only reason I did it was to support Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I pre-ordered thinking that at launch I could use the items I paid for at pre-order.
Who did you pre-order from? Most of them will not allow you to pay until they can deliver the product. Are you sure you paid for them at pre-order?