Lt. Commander
each time I start or close launcher, it is starting autopatch procedure, but it appears patch has no effect, 3098KB is downloaded each time I start, and 2391MB when I exit yet the procedure on exit stops and launcher shuts down after 1-2%

did it about 15 times to be sure
Career Officer
# 32 What kind of patch is this?
11-05-2013, 03:40 AM
My launcher/STO is just updating itself with a 5576MB patch (???)

Why?

Nevermind, I just saw that it is S8 pre-patch going on.
Sweet, might take a Little strain off the devs during releaseday. Good planning.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.

Last edited by sandormen123; 11-05-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Saw page two...
Lieutenant
# 33
11-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Pre-patching for Season 8 has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon,

can we also have a breakdown on how the pre-patch is going to behave?
because now upon exiting - on ALL closing the client; it starts downloading pre-patch - stops at 2Megabytes or something, and disappear. Whenever i starts the launcher, its also patching 3GB-ish, going until 7% and poof 100% done.
Is this normal behavior? or my patch has already borked? or I have just downloaded partially? whether there will be other prepatch tomorrow?

There is just so little information regarding the prepatch.
It will help a lot, at least to verify succesfull pre-patch or not - if there is some hint for expected behaviour, guide to prepatch folder checklist or something.
Career Officer
# 34
11-05-2013, 03:43 AM
Yeah, I'm getting that too.

Have had this problem in the past as well. Mainly with new seasons. A old bug hey never bothered to fix in the patching system.

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Dragons go RAWR!
Captain
# 35
11-05-2013, 03:44 AM
probably s8 preload or they changed some shet that needs new game files.

Changelog:

*Updated NSA spy code;

Career Officer
# 36
11-05-2013, 03:54 AM
This patching again and again has happened in the past with some seasons.

They know about it and it will sooner or later will be seen to. Later is always the way.
Just ignore it, I do. When the patcher finds the already loading update, it cuts of.

So my theory goes.

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Dragons go RAWR!
Commander
# 37
11-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Brandon, please forgive my sense of "gloom and doom! The universe is ending!" but I have been over on Tribble a lot doing testing and getting ideas of what to do to pass on to my fleet and I have to honestly say that Season 8 is nowhere near ready to even be pronounced a form a life let alone live. I hope you guys in the office there are not planning on launching this soon. It's in a horrible state of existence. Don't rush this season to try to gain people. Make sure this one works before you push it out. We still have a massive amount of bugs from LoR and then more bugs caused by fixing other bugs. I only speak for myself here but maybe whisper in someone's ear over there to have a bug hunt on Holodeck and slow the pace for Season 8 a bit. I know you have deadlines and budgets but...
Lieutenant
# 38
11-05-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
This patching again and again has happened in the past with some seasons.
Thanks mate.
At least now i know the never-ending-repeating patching is not something uncommon.
Jolan tru!
Career Officer
# 39
11-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Pre-patching for Season 8 has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Bran, I rarely say this to all y'all, but you did good! You listened to the community, and finally gave cruiser some love. And the new content looks pretty exciting! Actually looking forward to Season 8!
Captain
# 40
11-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Is tribble still Gold/Silver only?
Tested before, but as off late i am unable to enter tribble for testing.
Closed Thread