Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingons Too Powerful in PVP?
01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Not trying to start a KvF war in here, but I've been playing PvP matches for hours today... haven't seen a single Federation win. Seems like Klingon ships are crazy tough and their weapons obliterate our shields. I realize part of the problem is that Starfleet players don't seem to know how to work as a team, whereas Klingon players tend to gang up, but I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this problem, or if I've just wound up in some really unbalanced matches.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raemet View Post
Not trying to start a KvF war in here, but I've been playing PvP matches for hours today... haven't seen a single Federation win. Seems like Klingon ships are crazy tough and their weapons obliterate our shields. I realize part of the problem is that Starfleet players don't seem to know how to work as a team, whereas Klingon players tend to gang up, but I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this problem, or if I've just wound up in some really unbalanced matches.

Thanks

That is not part of the problem, that is the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
you likely have a larger influx of inexperienced players, whereas most klingons probably did a good bit of pvp testing in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Lack of teamwork, bugged MES = always loose
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Tier 1?

Go do your pve missions and get your awesome reawards. Come back. Have a blast.

Its true that people may not know whats going on when it comes to the influence maps OR that staying with other ships is a good idea.

It changes later on.

And teaming up doesn't make us too powerful. It makes us smart, but dont worry, there are their fair share of stupid klingons out there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, the lack of teamwork is frustrating. No matter how many times you say, "Stick together," you still see nine blue warp trails fly off in nine different directions. *facepalms*

What is MES?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Whats up with the stupid "blue reward" quotes i read so often about. The first quest where you get blue space reward (engines) its patrol hromi sector (lt cmd2). If you speak about rewards from fleet actions, only the best person gets blue reward...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Seems like Klingon ships are crazy tough
Stopped reading there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Lets be real though. We get most of our advantage from owning ALL the pvp gear for our ships at creation. In beta they gave us garbage gear for t1 that was worse than the gear the feds spawned with at level 1 (remember klingons effectively spawn at lvl 6). Now as I said we get all the t1 pvp quality gear for free. Its not our ships or our cloak. Its only our gear and beta experience that keep wrecking the feds at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:

Thanks
our 5man team we roll with, heals in tier2 over 100k total, if you calculate resistance buffs to that, its more over 150k, so total tank is awesome.

Feds can do this too, but i assume they dont do so much healing, like we have one dedicated science and one dedicated engineer, rest 3 are dps but they have tanking skills a lot too.