Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedisp View Post
Stopped reading there.
I've been playing since Closed Beta, and I never had this problem with PvP.

If you're not going to contribute to the discussion, go back to you BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 11:10 AM
MES is the ability to make you ship invisible. This ability is most often used by the Feds in the erroneous believe that they can spring a trap on the Klingons. What the Feds fail to realize is that the Klingons have the ability to look up the report of the match, see the names of all the Fed players and then logically figure out that the 3 players by the Fed spawn point are bait and the remaining two are probably using MES.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
MES is the ability to make you ship invisible. This ability is most often used by the Feds in the erroneous believe that they can spring a trap on the Klingons. What the Feds fail to realize is that the Klingons have the ability to look up the report of the match, see the names of all the Fed players and then logically figure out that the 3 players by the Fed spawn point are bait and the remaining two are probably using MES.
LOL, good to know. Thanks for the answers, guys. Guess I'll stick to PvE until Tier 2, or switch over to Klingons. The lack of teamwork on the Starfleet side is beyond tedious at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raemet View Post
I've been playing since Closed Beta, and I never had this problem with PvP.

If you're not going to contribute to the discussion, go back to you BoP.
You contributed nothing. You posted a random collection of incomplete data backed up by no evidence. Merely conjecture. Incorrect conjecture at that since BoPs are the weakest ship in game.

Go back to your PvE Kircards.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Stopped reading there.
Birds of Prey are paper thin..Fortunately I used my beta time wisely and know how to cloak just before I get my arse blown apart.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
LOL, good to know. Thanks for the answers, guys. Guess I'll stick to PvE until Tier 2, or switch over to Klingons. The lack of teamwork on the Starfleet side is beyond tedious at this point.
Hope you are running Brace for Disappointment Player ability.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
To be honest I think the majority of players who went Klingon are in their respected fleets and have voice comms. At the very least all the players I met in Open Beta were in one fleet or the other yesterday and everyone reported success in the pvp arenas. That might be a major contributor.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Hope you are running Brace for Disappointment Player ability.
Do you really have nothing better to do today than troll? Please stop using the forums if you're going to insult everyone who asks questions.

Meanwhile, thanks for actually answering my question, GnawLF
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM
The Tier 1 starter gear for the klinks is ridiculously OP.

Engineering Console with 7.5 % phaser/disruptor resists
Standard Shields with 3410 shield capacity, 103 shield regen every 6 seconds
Impulse engines with +30 to turn!!!! WTF! --(like they couldn't out turn fed ships before)
Cannons with + 10 accuracy

Klinks do seem to consitently be able to due two to three times as much damage per match compared to fed players. Im a level 10 FED and the mark 2 gear I have isn't anywhere as good as the klink versions.

The deck is now obviously stacked in favour of the klinks. Good balancing Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Not trying to start a KvF war in here, but I've been playing PvP matches for hours today... haven't seen a single Federation win. Seems like Klingon ships are crazy tough and their weapons obliterate our shields. I realize part of the problem is that Starfleet players don't seem to know how to work as a team, whereas Klingon players tend to gang up, but I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this problem, or if I've just wound up in some really unbalanced matches.

Thanks
I know this has been said before, but I'm saying it again and trying to be as clear as possible.

Most of the people you are fighting against right now in the KDF typify the enemies you'll run into on this faction. They are motivated, knowledgeable and coordinated.

The faction is nearly exclusively PVP, so it attracts pvp minded people.

Furthermore, the people I have been seeing in my matches on the kdf side have been people I recognize as high level KDF from beta. You're playing with new players who don't know what it takes to win, against people who know what abilities suit their roles and know what gear is optimized for their playstyle.

We're happy to give as much advice and guidance as you want in this forum for pvp strategy for either side. This is KDF -and- pvp discussion. Most kdf are less interested in winning than they are in a fight that makes them glad they spent their 15 minutes doing something stimulating, so we're always willing to trade notes.

Ask away.