Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM
No... Alliance sucks! Thats what the proble...eh...

...aaahh...

...oh, I see.... nevermind. ::goes back under his rock::
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raemet View Post
Do you really have nothing better to do today than troll? Please stop using the forums if you're going to insult everyone who asks questions.

Meanwhile, thanks for actually answering my question, GnawLF
Read the post above you. Cease crying for five seconds and you might realize Klingons aren't more organized because we are magically more skilled at PvP. It's because the only way we can win in pvp is with instantaneous communication and a plan. It's a requirement not a benefit to hop into premades.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
The Tier 1 starter gear for the klinks is ridiculously OP.

Engineering Console with 7.5 % phaser/disruptor resists
Standard Shields with 3410 shield capacity, 103 shield regen every 6 seconds
Impulse engines with +30 to turn!!!! WTF! --(like they couldn't out turn fed ships before)
Cannons with + 10 accuracy

Klinks do seem to consitently be able to due two to three times as much damage per match compared to fed players. Im a level 10 FED and the mark 2 gear I have isn't anywhere as good as the klink versions.

The deck is now obviously stacked in favour of the klinks. Good balancing Cryptic.
At least know what you're talking about before you spout off crap.

Starter shield - 2,728 / 83 regen
Impulse Engine - 28 turn

As for the other 2, nothing stopping feds getting them. My level 4 fed has a blue shield much much better.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Epic Fail
01-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raemet View Post
Not trying to start a KvF war in here, but I've been playing PvP matches for hours today... haven't seen a single Federation win. Seems like Klingon ships are crazy tough and their weapons obliterate our shields. I realize part of the problem is that Starfleet players don't seem to know how to work as a team, whereas Klingon players tend to gang up, but I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this problem, or if I've just wound up in some really unbalanced matches.

Thanks
Overall the game play just getting to the Klingon's is epic fail. I felt the repetitiveness of mashing 3 buttons in space battle over and over to level and getting stuck in multiple quest loops that were bugged just turned me off. I'm done. I guess lets hope Star Wars Online is a bit better.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
That being said, I've been in a load of complete loser matches as KDF. My teammates refuse to group, fly into the fedball solo over and over and when asked respond "I just want to get this over with, we weren't going to win anyways."

I guess we won't, with them dying 12 times will we?

So to the OP, trust me - it's not all free candy on this side either.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I know this has been said before, but I'm saying it again and trying to be as clear as possible.

Most of the people you are fighting against right now in the KDF typify the enemies you'll run into on this faction. They are motivated, knowledgeable and coordinated.

The faction is nearly exclusively PVP, so it attracts pvp minded people.

Furthermore, the people I have been seeing in my matches on the kdf side have been people I recognize as high level KDF from beta. You're playing with new players who don't know what it takes to win, against people who know what abilities suit their roles and know what gear is optimized for their playstyle.

We're happy to give as much advice and guidance as you want in this forum for pvp strategy for either side. This is KDF -and- pvp discussion. Most kdf are less interested in winning than they are in a fight that makes them glad they spent their 15 minutes doing something stimulating, so we're always willing to trade notes.

Ask away.
Users like you who take the time to help people out should get special in-game rewards, haha. Thanks so much!
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
The Tier 1 starter gear for the klinks is ridiculously OP.

Engineering Console with 7.5 % phaser/disruptor resists
Standard Shields with 3410 shield capacity, 103 shield regen every 6 seconds
Impulse engines with +30 to turn!!!! WTF! --(like they couldn't out turn fed ships before)
Cannons with + 10 accuracy

Klinks do seem to consitently be able to due two to three times as much damage per match compared to fed players. Im a level 10 FED and the mark 2 gear I have isn't anywhere as good as the klink versions.

The deck is now obviously stacked in favour of the klinks. Good balancing Cryptic.
Where to begin.

Your second mission gives you a shield with 20 % disruptor resistance. Your shields can easily outclass ours the second you get to t2. Impulse engines are based on SHIP so those engines will be much worse on a Cruiser. You can get the same +10 cannons through crafting, that is the ONLY +10 we can get atm.

Tears of Fed Tribbles.

Oh and, I called it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
At least know what you're talking about before you spout off crap.

Starter shield - 2,728 / 83 regen
Impulse Engine - 28 turn

As for the other 2, nothing stopping feds getting them. My level 4 fed has a blue shield much much better.
Skill points influence this bud, Liberated borg Klingon build. Think before you type.
Resistance gear to start out= ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Between this thread, the Return MES to the way it was thread, and the Furry thread in Gen Discussion, instance swapping in DSE's is really entertaining this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 11:29 AM
It honestly doesn't bother me either way. I play both factions and Klingons are so bland still it's necessary they start with decent gear or at least some. Anyways until klingons have a cruiser in t2 they will have troubles especially when mes is fixed.