Republic Veteran
# 41
11-04-2013, 06:36 PM
So this is the old reputation system with a new paint job

To keep in the theme of Michael Dorn showing up http://media.desura.com/images/membe...f_facepalm.JPG

Captain
# 42
11-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Finally those " i have 12 toons and each has all Reputations archieved" guys are satisfied now.

Like I said sometimes, I would rather use real money to buy marks..
Starfleet Veteran
# 43 Disappointed
11-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Beyond disappointed if this makes it to Holodeck. Since they went to all of these rep systems I've all but stalled working on gear. I simply don't have the time to grind every day to keep up with all of the aspects with the current reputation system.

I had so much hope that they would make the new Dyson reputation system grind and price for gear manageable for people like me. Its not like I've been paying for gold or buying ships and packs since launch.

Thank you Cryptic

Last edited by drkingfish; 11-04-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 44
11-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Okay, serious response time now.

This just blew all the wind out of my sails for the new season. I was especially happy with the ground equipment prices. Being able to do some new content with an overhauled rep system that had decently priced gear? It was like a dream come true. Except now it's not. So now I'll just stick with my Omega/Fleet gear for both ground and space.

I'm done.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 45
11-04-2013, 06:51 PM
So you created a crappy space set that I see even less value in than the romulan/nukara ones (which are significantly worse than omega I might add) and now you think it is worth 900 marks which are more time consuming to acquire from my limited experience and think anyone would bother with them?

The space set is a mess. The individual pieces are bad. The set bonuses are also fairly pointless. I can see no place on any of my ships where they would be an upgrade to exisiting gear and this is coming from someone who has found a good use for a 2pc Jem'Hadar and 3pc Nukara space set on toons.

Why bother?
Captain
# 46
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't know why everyone is complaining about.... I mean... you guys were complaining about having to grind all the time.. You get this new Rep system.. yes they increased it... what gives.. but when you look at it in the long run.. your spending WAY less and less time to reach tier 5 unlike the Romulan, Omega and Nukara Reps... and now your saying you don't like it...

We will never know...

anyhow... I myself.. I don't care if they doubled the cost.. it's still cheap... and for me that I can get 1-2M ec's day to buy the stuff needed.. I don't mind spending 30K for it...

AT LEAST I know i'll be hitting Tier 5 for the 1st time since the Rep system was first implemented... and yes I've been here long enough to see the old DS9 store go away....

so im happy to for this change!!!

AKA "Comrademoco" Join Date: February 20th, 2012
Follow me on: Twitter - Raptr - Arc
Check out my Screenshots at:Imgur
Empire Veteran
# 47
11-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
Oh, btw. I think you can stop using REDACTED now and just call it by the name "Omega Particle"...
I really don't think they will, because it's fairly in-line with the importance of the Omega Directive: no one has to know about the existence of Omega particles, until such time as they're forced to deal with them.

Since Season 8 hasn't officially happened yet and all players haven't physically come into contact with omega particles, with our own ships, we're not supposed to know about them either

Obviously we know, but our characters don't by all rights
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 48
11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
I don't know why everyone is complaining about.... I mean... you guys were complaining about having to grind all the time.. You get this new Rep system.. yes they increased it... what gives.. but when you look at it in the long run.. your spending WAY less and less time to reach tier 5 unlike the Romulan, Omega and Nukara Reps... and now your saying you don't like it...

We will never know...

anyhow... I myself.. I don't care if they doubled the cost.. it's still cheap... and for me that I can get 1-2M ec's day to buy the stuff needed.. I don't mind spending 30K for it...

AT LEAST I know i'll be hitting Tier 5 for the 1st time since the Rep system was first implemented... and yes I've been here long enough to see the old DS9 store go away....

so im happy to for this change!!!
Please show me in numbers how exactly this is quicker and cheaper in marks?

No one is complaining about the EC increase. We're complaining about the MARKS increase that makes it near cost, or actually MORE EXPENSIVE in marks to do the rep system for the same returns, then previous rep systems.

Oh, and you're still time gated by the way. Sure the little quests go quicker, but you need to dedicate 3 hours each day, every day, to get the same return as you can on other rep systems now, rep systems where you can get the marks to do a days worth of rep in an hour.

So please, tell me how 1 hour is longer then 3 hours, and an increase in marks cost is a good thing.

Because I'm not great at math, and I may be making a mistake, but I don't see it.
Career Officer
# 49
11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
Systems:
  • Dyson Joint Command Reputation
[*]Increased the Dyson Sphere Mark cost of equipment projects.
  • Ground set pieces now cost 500 up from 250.
  • Secondary space sets now cost 500 up from 300.
  • Space sets now cost 900 up from 450.
  • Increased the Energy Credit cost of secondary space set pieces from 12,000 to 30,000.
  • Increased the Dyson Sphere Mark cost on the hourly reputation XP project from 10 to 20.
  • Increased the Energy Credit cost on the hourly reputation XP project from 2000 to 7500.
How many ways can you say 'no'? Nein, Nyet, No, Negative, Nee, Jo, Non, etc etc etc...
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ

Last edited by a3001; 11-04-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Captain
# 50
11-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with a lot of the people on here that this was a really bad decision, but to be fair, Cryptic has made a long career of false advertisements, non-truths, and overhyping their less than quality additions. Champions online is full of them, as is STO. Remember all the times they promised Klingon content? Peregrine Falcon does. Remember that time they advertised a brand new faction, that didn't really turn out to be a faction? The fed/kdf romulans do. Or what about that time they were advertising all of the hard work that went into totally revamping the Character creator? Well "Character Creator 2.0" (their name, not mine) was only a different UI, but there was no new anything besides that, and a few buggy pieces for romulans. They still can't even make fullbody skins for 90% of the characters in game, and that's an error they're proudly putting in the promotional photos.

I have no faith in cryptic.

While season 8 will be adding some interesting things, they're pretty much giving up on all that Trek is supposed to be about. The way they overprice every little thing alone, clearly shows that. I'm really hoping that once season 8 is done, they will finally go back and fix a lot of the quality of life issues that they've been ignoring since launch. What point is buying things in a game, if the rest of the game is too full of issues to make it worth while?

PLEASE, revert the rep system. Otherwise you're just perpetuating the underlying problem that every one warned you about to begin with. At the doubled price, these items just really are not worth the time for a lot of the players that had reached endgame a long time ago. much like most of the things in all cryptic stores, they cost way more than they are really worth, and frankly it's ridiculous.