Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 61
11-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post

...to come out ahead you need to play roughly 7 hours each day on one character to go "quicker" then the previous reps, 6 hours each day to go at the same pace, and anything less you go slower.
And that is hitting the nail straight on the head as too why cryptic would do such move like this. they want bodies here longer.

I'm disapointed with this blatant and underhanded move to accomplish this, but that is the only reason I can see them artificially extending out the process like this
@deniedexistence
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 62
11-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Added a matte material variant to Caitian Atrox.
Added a matte material variant to Caitian Stalker.

pics please? if its anything like a darker Jem'hadar shield visual then no thanks....then again ilike the steamline reflection...make the ships seem etealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,974
# 63
11-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedexistence View Post
And that is hitting the nail straight on the head as too why cryptic would do such move like this. they want bodies here longer.

I'm disapointed with this blatant and underhanded move to accomplish this, but that is the only reason I can see them artificially extending out the process like this
I agree that keeping people in game longer is something they want. I actually don't blame them for that. It makes sense for them to want to keep as many people in game for as long as they can.

However, I disagree with them that simply increasing the grind is the way to accomplish that. Personally speaking, there comes a point where the grind actually does the opposite. When I see a grind that, in my opinion, is too much, I end up thinking "lolno" and then going and finding something else to do with my time.

That's what I'm feeling right now looking at those numbers. I already have Omega/Fleet stuff, so why would I need to bother with those, especially at those prices? So instead of staying in game longer to get them, I'll actually be ignoring those items and just use what I already have. That makes me play the game less.

So I would say in an attempt to keep people in game longer, they're actually going to do the opposite here.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
# 64
11-04-2013, 09:04 PM
If people are going to use math to argue against this, can you at least use the right bloody figures, for crying out loud?

It's 2500 EXP for the 20-hour Commendation project, and 150 EXP for the hourly 20 Voth Marks project.

Doing the Allied Zone Daily will get you the Commendation, 50 Voth Marks, 960 Dilithium, and whatever Voth Marks you manage to pick up along the way by doing the small missions. Probably at least enough to get you to 60 Voth Marks including what you get for the daily.

I mean, seriously, argue all you wish, it's your right, but at least get your facts straight before you do.

While I myself am wondering why they upped the marks you need to spend, to think that this is some horrible grind...well, you should never play almost any other MMO ever. A lot of normal games, too.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,094
# 65
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM
If I can't maintain hope for catching my 10+ alts up on rep I'm quitting the game. Maining one or two characters is boring.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1313421
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, Xindi carrier, Xindi escort, and the T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The Constellation is made up primarily of Connie refit parts and it is tier 5, there is no logical reason whatsoever for the no tier 5/6 connie rule.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 47
# 66 The EC increase is all a ploy
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I hope you all realize that the EC price inflation is just an evil plot to inflate the energy credit prices of lock box items on the exchange beyond the EC cap for non-freemium players...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 859
# 67
11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperderek View Post
If people are going to use math to argue against this, can you at least use the right bloody figures, for crying out loud?

It's 2500 EXP for the 20-hour Commendation project, and 150 EXP for the hourly 20 Voth Marks project.

Doing the Allied Zone Daily will get you the Commendation, 50 Voth Marks, 960 Dilithium, and whatever Voth Marks you manage to pick up along the way by doing the small missions. Probably at least enough to get you to 60 Voth Marks including what you get for the daily.

I mean, seriously, argue all you wish, it's your right, but at least get your facts straight before you do.

While I myself am wondering why they upped the marks you need to spend, to think that this is some horrible grind...well, you should never play almost any other MMO ever. A lot of normal games, too.
Your math still proves the point. 150 exp per hour, meaning you need to do 2 hours of straight game play, and you still need to pay 40 marks to get 300 rep exp.

So it still stands, just the numbers are a bit better. If you play one character for 2 hours, you'll come out ahead, but you'll have to pay more marks to do it. Those who play less then 2 hours, or have more then one character, will come out behind.

Oh and the gear costs as much as the other rep systems.

So 30 minutes of play will still net you the marks you need to reach 2800 but you'll need to dedicate a bit more time to it in order to actually reach 2800, it's not a fire and forget. Okay it's looking better, at least I can now see the arguement for "same as" the old rep systems

Still not the "better rep system" we were told to expect, but that's a bit more argementative.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 660
# 68
11-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
[*]Dyson Joint Command Reputation
  • Increased the Dyson Sphere Mark cost of equipment projects.
    • Ground set pieces now cost 500 up from 250.
    • Secondary space sets now cost 500 up from 300.
    • Space sets now cost 900 up from 450.
  • Increased the Energy Credit cost of secondary space set pieces from 12,000 to 30,000.
  • Increased the Dyson Sphere Mark cost on the hourly reputation XP project from 10 to 20.
  • Increased the Energy Credit cost on the hourly reputation XP project from 2000 to 7500.
  • Items awarded from Dyson Equipment Requisition boxes now sell for energy credits again.
Wasn't one of the goals of the Dyson Rep system to decrease the amount of grind involved? Because unless the Dyson Mark rewards are getting a boost as well you've more or less just put the grind back into the system. It'll take less to level up the reputation yes, but let's be honest here the bulk of the grind in the systems now is experience after you reach Tier 5. And with the Dyson Mark rewards stated to be significantly less than other reputation systems setting the number of marks required for obtaining the gear to these new levels you're setting the Dyson Rep to be one of the grindiest ones yet.
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 345
# 69
11-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Bad move, Cryptic. Please revert these changes.
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
# 70
11-04-2013, 09:40 PM
So based on the wiki, assuming I am reading it correctly, the other reps need 1526 marks to get from t0 to t5.

For the dyson one we need (assuming 36 days to complete-2800 xp per day) 36*40=1440 marks (based on the 2500 project and 2 150 xp projects)

Since you get 50 for completing the daily mission (unless that has changed) the actual tiers are a bit less grindy assuming daily play and ability to log in twice that day.

On the other hand if you try to make it go faster the mark cost increases the minimum amount of time needed to complete will be 15.2 days and will require 7273 marks (granted this assumes one can play all 24 hours.

Min time to complete: 15.2 days and 7273 marks
Max time to complete: 40 days and 0 marks (only use the 2500 xp project)
Difference from other tiers: uses 86 less marks for the same amount of time

My conclusion is that getting through the tiers is still slightly less grindy than previous tiers, however the item cost still seems over priced to me.

Last edited by toshiro157; 11-04-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.