Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Greetings,

any feedback on whether the long standing problems with our crew uniforms are finally being addressed with Season Eight?

I'm sure you all know which I'm speaking of but just in case:

Colour shades looking different across body slots (on the same person) and / or different crew.

So many options not available from one crewmember to the next because apparently, a piece of cloth worn by one species can't possibly fit another one in the future, even when they are all on your crew and ought to be standardized.

The first four Bridge Officers usually having options none of the rest will have so then you have to either leave it that way or try to change them to whatever you (try) to standardize for the rest.

Finally, being unable to edit "special" characters, sometimes not in even the slightest (such as the Breen BO). Why? I can understand them not taking off their helmet but if they're going to serve aboard my vessel they'll bloody well wear the colours I have set.

This is long overdue and really ruins immersion and causes unnecessary frustration.

Cheers.
Lord Michlo

Builds:
http://tinyurl.com/kqqg8f5
http://tinyurl.com/n3ewgcw
Captain
# 2
11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
+ 1

Another thing that needs to be fixed is a glitch with the color customizing of the KDF Liberated Borg Engineer's outfit: Adjusting the color of the pants will cause one of the colors you picked for the torso to synchronize with the pants. Then when you try and change it back, it changes the pants to the color you're trying to get for the torso.

What?

Oh yeah, and what about the lighter colors on the pallet + white for fleet emblems - has that been fixed yet, or are they still auto-changing to florescent teal?

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.

Last edited by kain9prime; 11-04-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
11-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't forget the various glitches with the KDF tailor since Season 5.

Also, personally, I would like them to get rid of that visual toolbar and bring back the undo button.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Commander
# 4
11-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Bump. +1 to any 'fix this broken thing' requests about anything.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Rihannsu
# 5
11-04-2013, 11:12 PM
KDF needs to be more colorful than perez hilton at a dildo conention.
Career Officer
# 6
11-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the replies (even the rather dubious one).

Cheers.
Lord Michlo

Builds:
http://tinyurl.com/kqqg8f5
http://tinyurl.com/n3ewgcw
Captain
# 7
11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Agreed, it would be nice to be able to standardize my ship's crew in uniforms. But probably won't happen.
Marrek Steele: RAdm CO 99th Pursuit Squadron Flagship USS Nike(Avenger)
Lunimara Hawk: LT Gen IKS Eclipse(Dyson Destroyer)
Altair: Rear Admiral: RRW Anduril( Ak'rif Carrier)
Career Officer
# 8
11-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Fixing tailor issues is near the top of my wishlist, as well.

To be fair, the devs seem to be slowly chipping away at the list.

To anyone who wants to report a specific issue with as much detail as possible, I highly recommend the Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues thread. It attempts to catalogue as many issues as possible, with as much detail as possible, and has received some dev attention.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Meow, have you also seen the TNG television series uniforms (standard, not early TNG) female arms clipping at the shoulder-torso border? Specially left arm. It just looks so bad, I always wear the early TNG ones instead. The DS9 TV ones got updated so nicely, also the Nemesis ones. Why not the normal TNG ones?
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Lieutenant
# 10
11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
+ 1

Another thing that needs to be fixed is a glitch with the color customizing of the KDF Liberated Borg Engineer's outfit: Adjusting the color of the pants will cause one of the colors you picked for the torso to synchronize with the pants. Then when you try and change it back, it changes the pants to the color you're trying to get for the torso.

What?

Oh yeah, and what about the lighter colors on the pallet + white for fleet emblems - has that been fixed yet, or are they still auto-changing to florescent teal?

If one color choice is effecting another use the dice button on both top and bottom, yeah it will mean resetting some clothing parts, but it will break the color connections.

A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.