Lt. Commander
I waited for the game to re-download after Steam just kind of messed everything up.
Ten hours.

I waited for the downtime to be over so that I could play.
Three and a half hours.

And then I get 'Fatal Decompression Error'. I find out that I'm going to have to re-re-download the game.
Another ten hours. If not longer.

I'm not REALLY complaining. Just looking for comfort. A warm blanket. A bowl of chicken soup, maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I feel your pain...and have been known to have a pretty good shoulder to cry on. :p Hang in there, it will be worth it when they finally get everything running smoothly. And yep, I had to wait for the mega update too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:51 PM
i too would like a sholder to cry on downloaded it agien then went to the luncher and its like the same size as what i downloaded
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Not sure about Steam users, I bought off Direct2Drive and was told to just keep the beta client I downloaded from fileplanet and patch it (took like 10min).

Perhaps you can do that instead of mucking with steam?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I am 47% into my second download. This time not from Steam. And I have been at it since 1 hour after head start when Steam screwed the pooch.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Stream version
01-30-2010, 05:14 PM
After almost blowing my monthly download limit trying to use steam on 2x computers and 40Gb downloaded later do what I ended up doing.

Goto STO website and download the torrent version..... (Took about 9-10hours)
Installed on game first computer.
Patched first computer (850Mb first patch and 150Mb second patch)
Installed on second computer.
Copied game directory from first computer to second computer overriding exisiting files.

Both computers are now working beautifully and without having to download 10Gb to each computer from steam (when it doesn't screw up) and saved downloading the 850Mb first patch and 150Mb second patch on the second computer.

Lt Gawain Black
U.S.S Endeavour
NCC-93460