Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 962
# 101
11-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So what you guys are saying is...nerf Engineers!
sry, again i disagree though i agree

p.s.: nerf t-cells?

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 11-07-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 205
# 102
11-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Because engineers can't do damage and don't belong in escorts?

I hold my own. Don't project your mental limitations on me because you can't see past sci magic spam and romulan cheese.



It is dishonest and ignorant to lump them all together in this manner.



Again with projecting your own limited thinking on others.
This is why pugs fail, why 99% of pvpers fail.

Oh well let me giggle in peace haha.

Cheers.
Read the book of the Rihannsu.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,064
# 103
11-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
You don't want to willingly enter Panda TS. The first time i knew i was there, i woke up on the Panda starbase buck naked, a green feather in my hair and a stick of bamboo wedged up my backside. It was a terrifying experience.
A few of us were kinda worried about you. But you just kept laughing and skipping around singing Brittany Spears.

Honestly in the end I think it was you that damaged us mentally.
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,317
# 104
11-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genada View Post
Being pug stomped is zero fun. It's one of the main reasons I have seen people swear off pvp. Either add a q for teams or tell the players that they are about to be going into a match against a pre made, so that they may choose not to accept the q.

There are people that would like to try to get into pvp. The reason they will not is because they do not wish to take part in being stomped by pre mades. The pre mades are out of control in the q and at times own it so hard that the q stops working because no one wants to fight a pre made.
But isn't PUG stompin' the best part of PvP? It's like PvP, with freakin' lasers on it's head!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
# 105 Scaled areas for pvp
11-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I hate Pvp.

My dad used to beat the crap out of me at checkers when I was a little kid. He never gave quarter, never let me come close to winning. He never explained to me the strategy needed to win. He said I'd figure it out by watching him.

You know what? I quit playing checkers. At about 6 or 7. I never played him again till the day he died. I loved him, and he me, but I hated playing checkers because of him.

I don't mind losing, but being reamed because I am ignorent of the game is not fun.

Which little league football team do you think should be playing against the pros? Never mind teaching them, building their bodies up, showing them strategy, building confidence, waiting for them to grow up and mature. Just throw um in there and let them get stomped.

If you really want a pvp system that works, PW, scale it. Let the little leaguer's have their field to play on, the high scholl theirs, colleges and pros. Give players rankings as they progress, make them "field up" when they are ready. OR play with handicaps like golfers, until you get to zero cap, then go full scale.
There is a way to make it interesting and fun, but "have at it" ain't working.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 962
# 106
11-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
A few of us were kinda worried about you. But you just kept laughing and skipping around singing Brittany Spears.

Honestly in the end I think it was you that damaged us mentally.
oh no, sounds familiar... company is expanding

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 58
# 107
11-07-2013, 08:58 AM
As an occasional PvP player who pretty much only pugs, I have to say that in general I enjoy Cap&Hold and Kerrat a lot more than arena.

Occasionaly you have the 15-14 wins or losses in arena which are great games.

Most of the time its 15-0 or 0-15.

There are also people in arena who win 15-0 against a 3-man pug, fedballing with a recluse, a galor and three scimi's all running faw/dem and all cheese they could get, and then say "gg" a the end of the match. How can you enjoy a game like that?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 164
# 108
11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
The reality? Pugstomping will never end. Why? Human nature. So, complaining about it will really do nothing to prevent it. Not saying it is acceptable, but if you examine the reasons for pugstomping, you understand why it's unavoidable.

1.) First, it is hard, in the first place, to get a team together with everyone online at the same time.
2.) It takes FOREVER to find another premade to fight you, so you sit waiting. . . .
3.) It already takes too long in the queues as is, adding additional time to find another pre-made is so tedious, it is much more simple to just join the queues.
4.) While Tyler Durden is a great way to form games, it is solely dependent on "someone" submitting your scores so teams can be balanced, so if you do not play in a while, or are relatively new, then team balance goes to crap. I've been in many TD matches where it was effectively a "Pug Stomp."
5.) And, when is a pre-made a pre-made? I'll hit queues with 1 maybe 2 other peeps I know, and get accused of pugstomping, when in fact it is a pre-made of 2.. In fact, zone chat lights up with qq's like crazy.
6.) We we do a premade and go against another premade, it's usually a one and done situation and then trying to get another team to fight is next near impossible. So, you are led back into the public queues just to get a match.
7.) If it didn't take upwards to half an hour to form one match (pre-made v pre-made) then people would not turn to the queues just to see some action.

Maybe if they had a queue soley for Pre-Mades, and one for the public that would only allow a 2 man or 3 man team max join, this would alleviate the issue of pugstomping.

I really like the TD method, but until Crytic starts maintaining pvp stats and thus pairing up teams, TD will only be for the veterans of PvP. And as I said, even then games can go terribly lopsided unless you know all the players and can pair them off properly.

Just my thoughts. . . . Not attacking anyone or trying to step on toes; just trying to objectively approach the situation.

Porch
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,685
# 109
11-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Who leaves the PvP queues after being defeated 15-0 starting to whine against premades teams, or simply more skilled and with best gear opponents, doesn't deserve to play PvP!
A future good PvPer should always have the desire to learn and also have the ability to withstand any cheese.
Only the strong survives in PvP!
Those who give up and don't want to improve go back immediately to PvE!
Indeed, **** these whiners.

I grew up in the era of 5-man TSI teams in the queues, etc.

You took your lumps and moved on. People are too soft these days.

It's all of the lazy-assed PvE that makes people weak.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 110
11-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunmovyn View Post
I don't mind losing, but being reamed because I am ignorent of the game is not fun.

Which little league football team do you think should be playing against the pros? Never mind teaching them, building their bodies up, showing them strategy, building confidence, waiting for them to grow up and mature. Just throw um in there and let them get stomped.
Let me stop you right here.

Just how much do think your fellow gaming hobbyists can really do? Not paid employees, other paying/playing customers and gamers.


Who do you think helped bootcamp get up and running?
= Veteran PvPers and PvP Fleets

Who do you think still runs bootcamp?
= Veteran PvPers and PvP Fleets

Who do you think contribute the most to these forums?
= Veteran PvPers and PvP Fleets

Who do you think set up and continue to foster other PvP activites such as tournaments or tyler durden?
= Veteran PvPers and PvP Fleets


So already the divergence from your analogy about your own life is clear. Many vet players have been trying to teach other newer players.


There is a point where you need to step up, like many of us did, and take initiative.



This is good advice for you, even in your real life and your current and future career.


People need to take initiative, take time to learn, practice, polish and get better.


Not every player/group is an altruist - and ultimately they don't have to be.

This is a game for them as well.

However, as you can see there are quite a lot of player driven initiatives with the goal of teaching and training players so there can be better competition all around.


Ultimately however, the most important step is in the hands of the individual.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.