Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
01-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah me and my friend can't get passed the 'Connecting to Login Server' either >.<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
All your Server are belong to us.. We are Borg, your uniqueness will NOT be added to our own... as you are Federation Cowards and are not worthy of being a Klingon Warrior... QAPLA !!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
Bottom line is simple: I PAID, I CANNOT play...
Bottom-bottom line is simple: It's the start of a new MMO, expect this to be happening quite frequently for a couple weeks.

You don't like it, don't continue after 30 days are up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
I am stuck, like my entire fleet is stuck, at the retrieving character screen. So all you fanboi's what do you say now? Devs don't even post, you said you were getting more servers, updating equipment, optimizing, etc... Bottom line is simple: I PAID, I CANNOT play...
You paid for the client and the game assets. You have not paid for the actual service yet. That comes after the free trial in March. Also the fine print will say that Cryptic reserves the right to deny or revoke service anytime they feel without warning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Robbed from another thread (thanks Telum):

Quote:
To the OP. I pulled this straight out of the Terms of Use:

1. NEITHER CRYPTIC STUDIOS NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES COMMUNICATION FEATURES."

You use the product and agreed to this as do we all. You have no basis for a lawsuit. You do however have the right to:

"You can cancel your Account(s) for a Service by following the procedures made available with the applicable Service or Cryptic Studios Site. Cryptic Studios reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred before you cancel your Account(s). In the event that your Account is terminated, suspended or canceled, no refund will be granted; no online time or other credits or in-game items (e.g., points in an online game) will be credited to you or converted to cash or other form of reimbursement, and you will have no further access to your Account or anything associated with it (such as points, tokens or in-game items). If your Account is terminated or suspended by Cryptic Studios, Cryptic Studios shall have the right to terminate or suspend any of your other Account(s)."

Perhaps you should read the Terms of Service before agreeing to them... They can be found here: http://www.startrekonline.com/terms_of_service
Now if such a clause exists for the site, you can bet it exists for their other products i.e. their games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
I am stuck, like my entire fleet is stuck, at the retrieving character screen. So all you fanboi's what do you say now? Devs don't even post, you said you were getting more servers, updating equipment, optimizing, etc... Bottom line is simple: I PAID, I CANNOT play...
Ever play any other MMO before? How about a regular online game? Were those up 100% of the time?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongooser View Post
O.K. child, let us play your game... Let us assume that I am 12 years old and NEVER played an online game before in my life... Now explain to me child, what this has to do with not being able to play the game?

Now child, do you understand that they have 3 other MMO's? Did they not have these problems with them as well? Did they not learn these things from their other MMO's?

Also child, server outages are normally covered in the TOS not the EULA...
So, you are aware they have three other MMO's. This means you should also be aware of thier history - of which you have implied. But, yet your pre-ordered another of thier MMO's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
1) Like I said earlier , if you believe that just because a company has launched a similar product before, that their latest product will be bug free at launch without ANY problems what so ever. Go and have a talk to Bill Gates. You do know who he is don't you? Or are you too young to actually be working as an adult?

2) So what if the server went down earlier? The servers will probably go down again before launch. And possibly a few times AFTER launch too. The same still applies. Cryptic want to get rid of these issues just as much as we do. But stamping your feet , making empty threats and generally acting like a child aint going to make them fix it any sooner.

3) Getting more servers may not actually have anything to do with the problem. Throwing more servers at it won't necessarily solve the issue.

4) You could, but you obviously have little experience in this matter. So I wouldn't suggest you continue.

Saying "this is unacceptable" doesn't actually help matters, its like stamping your feet. Do you expect them to wave a magic wand? If they could foresee the issue, then it wouldn't have occurred. **** happens.

P.P.S. Lol. Ok, now my sides are hurting for laughing so hard. Now I KNOW you're not an adult with this aggressive epeen stroking attitude. Personally, I couldn't care less if you single handely took down the Lich King (its interesting to note that your highest level character is 60 on that image lol). Is you're little childish attempt to flex your epeen muscles relevant to this discussion? Nope. Seriously. you're using this as validation for your argument? You might as well say "yeah? well my dad's bigger than your dad!" Seriously though, for the sake of your gene pool. Grow up.

They say patience is a virtue. Which is obviously lost on some people.
So go ahead sport, keep stamping your feet and screaming at the world. Because quite frankly, it doesn't care. ROFL.
My highest character is 60 child because this was the cap in the first year, I have not played WOW since that first year because the end game blew chunks. Stomping my feet? No child, I just need some entertainment from you till the server goes back up please continue...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFade
You are new to MMO launches aren't you?

It's so cute!
Yes child and your failure to read this thread is an example of your ignorance, go back and try again...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
01-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
You paid for the client and the game assets. You have not paid for the actual service yet. That comes after the free trial in March. Also the fine print will say that Cryptic reserves the right to deny or revoke service anytime they feel without warning.
I agree, if the game is still crap in a couple weeks, just cancel
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.