Lt. Commander
Look I redownloaded the game because steam made me and know it is done and know it crashs all the time and the client will not Update and crashs all the time every time WTF people I can not us the Showed fix because it is on my d Drive and has no showed set up. SO People I have lost it Steam will not talk or help Cryptic will say thay are working on it but nothing! I CAN NOT PLAY THE GAME i PAYED FOR.

And that is not right Why has no one put up a REAL FIX from STEAM OR Crptic this is not FARE AND IS MAKEING ME LOSE IT. YOU NEEED TO FIX IT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
BUMP any help any one come on
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:17 AM
After steam redownloaded the game, the launcher constantly would freeze.

I fixed the issue by manually deleting the entire Startrek Online folder where steam is located, and also deleting the Startrek Online NCF file.

Then I redownloaded the game from scratch again, and it worked fine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:19 AM
At the top of the web page is a link called "SUPPORT". When you hover over it, you get several options, one of which is "Support".

When you click on that, you wind up on this web page:

http://www.startrekonline.com/support

From there, you scroll down to Tech Support, and see a link "Contact Tech Support. Clicking it takes you here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/tech/contact

You fill that out, and it sends a ticket to Tech Support. They then contact you and help you with your problem.

If you post on this forum instead, they don't see it, and can't help you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
At the top of the web page is a link called "SUPPORT". When you hover over it, you get several options, one of which is "Support".

When you click on that, you wind up on this web page:

http://www.startrekonline.com/support

From there, you scroll down to Tech Support, and see a link "Contact Tech Support. Clicking it takes you here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/tech/contact

You fill that out, and it sends a ticket to Tech Support. They then contact you and help you with your problem.

If you post on this forum instead, they don't see it, and can't help you.
done that and in steam not answers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:22 AM
I had a similar problem, after I redownloaded the client. I ran the "verify game cache" option under the steam menu only do find that four of the files I laborously downloaded failed the verify. So I had to download the client AGAIN!

It's working now, but I wasted one of my head start days. Don't get me started on the pointlessness of having a special race awarded via the deluxe download edition, only to not be able to play it during th head start. Seems pointles to me, but hey. At least I'm in the game now! (after 6-10 hours of downloading)
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthar View Post
I had a similar problem, after I redownloaded the client. I ran the "verify game cache" option under the steam menu only do find that four of the files I laborously downloaded failed the verify. So I had to download the client AGAIN!

It's working now, but I wasted one of my head start days. Don't get me started on the pointlessness of having a special race awarded via the deluxe download edition, only to not be able to play it during th head start. Seems pointles to me, but hey. At least I'm in the game now! (after 6-10 hours of downloading)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what the F*ck Steam ereased my install know I have to start from the start again that will take 20 hours because of my DSL I have had it I am not playing STO and I will try to get my money back from steam. if I can the do not do that munch
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
done that and in steam not answers.
There's not a magic forum code to make you be at the front of the line. As with any other line, those who created tickets before you will be helped before you are. Next time you'll know; create a ticket as soon as you identify the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
you're going to hate me for saying this, but Drop steam like it's hot ( pun intended hehehe) and download the client, sure it mite take a day, but you should be head ache free by tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:41 AM
alanthe

/10char