Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
There's not a magic forum code to make you be at the front of the line. As with any other line, those who created tickets before you will be helped before you are. Next time you'll know; create a ticket as soon as you identify the problem.
Shut up this can and should have been fixed I told them I told steam and nothing from any one You can just back off ok the DEVs need to answer I have payed 60.00 to steam to play a game and I haven not been alowed to that is a violation of the TOS. 60.00 for nothing thanks a lot guy then you Flame me when I have a liget problem.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 11:46 AM
I was one of the many who got shafted by Steam yesterday, had to redonload the whole thing, here's mt advice:

Redownload it, back it up, but once downloaded do NOT launch it through Steam, instead turn the Steam auto-updater OFF (right-click on STO on the Steam game menu and navigate to the auto-update menu, i forget where it is precisely but im not opening Steam to find out im afraid, then simply turn it from on to off), close down Steam and open the Steam folder, locate the Steamapps file, open it, open the Common file and locate the star trek online folder folder, locate the .exe launcher, right click on this and send it to your desktop, it'ss create a new launcher shortcut with a different icon.

Launch the game using this new shortcut, it will bypass Steam but at the same time won't remove the game from Steam, so you can still use Stream to get your release key etc and reinstate the backup if needed.

Now let the Cryptic patcher run it's course and presto, problem (aka Steam) bypassed.

The problem with Steam seems to be it tries to update your game through Steam, finds a problem, believes the files are corrupted, deletes them and begins downloading from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
thanks I am just down loading it from Cryptic know and I do not know how I will get my reatial key from them.
when you get you're retail key it will be in the options under that game for steam.

wow I ninja my way past my own post, and the post down there is messed up I typed this after I typed that one. lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old.Tallen View Post
I was one of the many who got shafted by Steam yesterday, had to redonload the whole thing, here's mt advice:

Redownload it, back it up, but once downloaded do NOT launch it through Steam, instead turn the Steam auto-updater OFF (right-click on STO on the Steam game menu and navigate to the auto-update menu, i forget where it is precisely but im not opening Steam to find out im afraid, then simply turn it from on to off), close down Steam and open the Steam folder, locate the Steamapps file, open it, open the Common file and locate the star trek online folder folder, locate the .exe launcher, right click on this and send it to your desktop, it'ss create a new launcher shortcut with a different icon.

Launch the game using this new shortcut, it will bypass Steam but at the same time won't remove the game from Steam, so you can still use Stream to get your release key etc and reinstate the backup if needed.

Now let the Cryptic patcher run it's course and presto, problem (aka Steam) bypassed.

The problem with Steam seems to be it tries to update your game through Steam, finds a problem, believes the files are corrupted, deletes them and begins downloading from scratch.
thanks I am just down loading it from Cryptic know and I do not know how I will get my reatial key from them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Shut up this can and should have been fixed I told them I told steam and nothing from any one You can just back off ok the DEVs need to answer I have payed 60.00 to steam to play a game and I haven not been alowed to that is a violation of the TOS. 60.00 for nothing thanks a lot guy then you Flame me when I have a liget problem.
first off the retail you paid for is for February 2 this is a gift. now calm yourself down.

second it's not cryptic's fault it's steam's fault, they mess up, and I'm going to be honest with you, you're best bet is to download the client from some place else. MMO and steam don't work well, and chances are it's not going to be fixed by launch. ( if I go by what I have experienced with them )

go to this page download one of the clients ( it doesn't matter it will work the same. ) and start playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
The reason why Cryptic isn't getting back to you is that they already announced - yesterday - that this is a problem on Steam's end, not Cryptics.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
first off the retail you paid for is for February 2 this is a gift. now calm yourself down.

second it's not cryptic's fault it's steam's fault, they mess up, and I'm going to be honest with you, you're best bet is to download the client from some place else. MMO and steam don't work well, and chances are it's not going to be fixed by launch. ( if I go by what I have experienced with them )

go to this page download one of the clients ( it doesn't matter it will work the same. ) and start playing the game.
ya I have and I did but how will I get my retail key for steam with out down loading it on tusday I do not want to use steam at all. the guy sould not have said that and patrnised me I am upset enough.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
ya I have and I did but how will I get my retail key for steam with out down loading it on tusday I do not want to use steam at all. the guy sould not have said that and patrnised me I am upset enough.
give me one sec Im going to log on to steam

I have an MMO in there that i could check.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
The reason why Cryptic isn't getting back to you is that they already announced - yesterday - that this is a problem on Steam's end, not Cryptics.
Ya I know but Steam will not answer or give my money back So I and othrs like me are Boned. This sould be fixed today by bothe it is a Steam problem but a Cryptic code so it is up to both to help the customer that is what will keep me from going down the legal end.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
give me one sec Im going to log on to steam

I have an MMO in there that i could check.
NP thanks this has made me lose it and I just what to play the game not have stess and this has blowen the fun of STO for me I do not know if I will get in to the game as munch after this.