Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 11:59 AM
ok I have star wars galaxies, now when I right click on it a pull down menu comes down. right under launch is say view game CD key. if you click that it will pop up another screen with you're CD key, and the only two actions you can do there is copy to clip board, and close.

when you copy it it lets you past it anywhere you want. like so TTDN-EH7C-347X-PKGC-CN3M ( also that key is used, and changed )

I want you to give that a try on what's in steam now. maybe it will show you're prelaunch key maybe it wont, but chances are they will be the same.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
Ya I know but Steam will not answer or give my money back So I and othrs like me are Boned. This sould be fixed today by bothe it is a Steam problem but a Cryptic code so it is up to both to help the customer that is what will keep me from going down the legal end.
So, wait, you know Steam screwed it up, but you're going to complain to Cryptic? You should be complaining to Steam. Get on the phone and ***** Steam out.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
NP thanks this has made me lose it and I just what to play the game not have stess and this has blowen the fun of STO for me I do not know if I will get in to the game as munch after this.
I don't see why it could blow the fun, sure you couldn't play on pre launch, but don't let that stop you from playing, and in truth the launch is this Tuesday. why don't you download the client, go out for a walk, and enjoy you're day, that way you come back rested, and ready to play.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
So, wait, you know Steam screwed it up, but you're going to complain to Cryptic? You should be complaining to Steam. Get on the phone and ***** Steam out.
I would if there was a phone number.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
I believe they use to have a phone number, but they dropped it. it easier to deal with customers when they can't yell at you. In truth I don't use steam for MMo, they are great for single player, but out side of that you're pushing you're luck.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
There's a CS phone number for steam. To find it, you're actually going to have to go to their website and look for it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I don't see why it could blow the fun, sure you couldn't play on pre launch, but don't let that stop you from playing, and in truth the launch is this Tuesday. why don't you download the client, go out for a walk, and enjoy you're day, that way you come back rested, and ready to play.
You are right and I will do that NP all I was trying to get at is that there is a Real LAW violation here on whos side Steam yes. Cryptic I do not think so but there could be only because there is both sides saying it is there falt and the other saying it is there fault and no one will say I did it, it is my falt and we are fixing it nothing!

Yes I will leave the Fourm and shut up if that is what you all want. but I will not back down from this it is not the right. I am downloading the client from Cryptic and this is the number four for downloading.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
You are right and I will do that NP all I was trying to get at is that there is a Real LAW violation here on whos side Steam yes. Cryptic I do not think so but there could be only because there is both sides saying it is there falt and the other saying it is there fault and no one will say I did it, it is my falt and we are fixing it nothing!

Yes I will leave the Fourm and shut up if that is what you all want. but I will not back down from this it is not the right. I am downloading the client from Cryptic and this is the number four for downloading.
we don;t want you to shut up. well I don;t I want to help.

I don't think there is any law issue here, now if it didn't work after Tuesday, maybe against steam, and not against Cryptic, and even so it still mite not be an issue if you get you're CD key. ( the one thing of value from steam ) because in steam's eyes there are other sources to play the game at, and all they need to do is get you you're key.

so they don;t give you you're key before say 11:59 PM Tuesday, then there could be some legal issues.
Lt. Commander
Hi,

If its any consolation I have experienced the endless massive downloads and pain. But its finally working and the solution was to close steam, delete the short cut to STO. Download cryptics client, patch and so far its been totally fine. I'd cancel steam order now if I didnt need the key. But as far as the future goes. Steam/valve is going bye bye...... yes steam you suk, you know you suk, you dont talk to your customers and judging by the forum you are going to be losing a lot more folks.

Cryptic download for the win.

And thats all I have to say about that. Oh and thanks cryptic for a client that works. Now I like you again because I can play!
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
I also payed for the game thought steam.
I played most the beta with the download from them but nothing but lag,
I then uninstalled the game from steam went to support and downloaded the client
from this site, I have had very little lag since.
Also buying the game from steam it said at the time i would get a uniform which i got and
the emotion KHAN.
Yet they also removed the KHAN from there package after i had payed for this so i didn't get it.
I'm just not happy about this.
I would recomend all those who got the game from steam to uninstall and download the
client from this site. The reduction in lag is amazing.
and having a top gaming system and 20Mb conection. Lag is something i shouldn't be having.