Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMerc
I also payed for the game thought steam.
I played most the beta with the download from them but nothing but lag,
I then uninstalled the game from steam went to support and downloaded the client
from this site, I have had very little lag since.
Also buying the game from steam it said at the time i would get a uniform which i got and
the emotion KHAN.
Yet they also removed the KHAN from there package after i had payed for this so i didn't get it.
I'm just not happy about this.
I would recomend all those who got the game from steam to uninstall and download the
client from this site. The reduction in lag is amazing.
and having a top gaming system and 20Mb conection. Lag is something i shouldn't be having.
I saw this problem yesterday, someone was raving that the servers were bad, and there were a few others who were saying that in the same thread, I found out that they had one thing in common STEAM. problem with steam is it has all these other network required junk running in the back ground, and it slows you down. don't get me wrong steam is good for single player games, but for any multi player, No just don't touch it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I saw this problem yesterday, someone was raving that the servers were bad, and there were a few others who were saying that in the same thread, I found out that they had one thing in common STEAM. problem with steam is it has all these other network required junk running in the back ground, and it slows you down. don't get me wrong steam is good for single player games, but for any multi player, No just don't touch it.
I would agree. As i also use steam for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
and that lags badly too.

Thanks to the Cryptic client all is well now.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 01:46 PM
well I would love not to use steam for the updating one problem... i live in a county of England know as NORFOLK AKA land time forgot i download at about 70 to 80 kb.... please don't laugh have been downloading via stem for 28 hours now at 70 percent so if i download the other client well head start would be over by then the crazy thing is playing on-line games is fine its just downloading them... I like the suggestions earlier of how to use the syteam download without steam i will try that and report back on its success..

The reason i used stem (i digress) was i was having nightmares finding non infected patches for old games steam would find them for me.... my area does not have a lot of computer game shops so steam was easier however after this disaster i wont be buying anything else from them (keeping stem though bought a lot of old game from there)
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
Shut up this can and should have been fixed I told them I told steam and nothing from any one You can just back off ok the DEVs need to answer I have payed 60.00 to steam to play a game and I haven not been alowed to that is a violation of the TOS. 60.00 for nothing thanks a lot guy then you Flame me when I have a liget problem.
Nobody flamed you, and your problem is with ANOTHER COMPANY. You're complaining on Cryptic's forums that Steam is giving you download problems, when you could have downloaded it from Cryptic the entire time.

Cryptic's devs can't tell you anything I didn't already tell you, and a dozen other people; it's a STEAM problem. However, Cryptic did inform Valve, the folks who run Steam, of their problem. What else do you expect them to do? Take devs off of fixing other problems, and have them ride the forums to repeat the same answers in every new thread started by somebody who doesn't know how to use the forum Search feature?

If your computer catches fire while you're playing STO, are you going to come complain to Cryptic about your manufacturer's customer service problems too?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 07:26 PM
i had no problem with steam so far.

steam updated it's client before the head start, that was pretty much useless for me
i started STO after that and the launcher just downloaded another 200mb patch...

no crashes, no nothing for me

if it works fine for me the problem is probably on your end