Ensign
# 1 No "full impulse" any more ?!
07-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Geoffrey (1 of my 5 toons) suddenly can't go to "full impulse" any more; the game always gives the error sound as if I was constantly in combat (red alert status).
This is true for either "shift-R" key and UI button; slipstream drive activation in sector space works fine.
I tried re-logging, re-equipping the ship, dropping connection during activated slipstream (in case "shift-R" somehow gets stuck then), nothing helped.

Anything I might be overlooking? Anything else I could try? (other than writing a GM/support ticket, which might or might not get answered before the next millennium).

Thanks.

aunt edit: typos

Last edited by drone0815; 07-17-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Captain
# 2
07-16-2013, 11:46 PM
I know it's probably silly to ask but... your ship has engines equipped, right? They allow you to go full impulse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Lieutenant
# 3
07-17-2013, 10:15 AM
I would switch out engines in case your model is bugged or somehow stuck. I've not run into this problem. Sounds like you are not doing anything wrong that I can see. Good luck.
Captain
# 4
07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drone0815 View Post
Geoffrey (1 of my 5 toons) suddenly can't go to "full impulse" any more; the game always gives the error sound as if I was constantly in combat (red alert status).
This is true for either "shift-R" key and UI button; slipstream drive activation in sector space works fine.
I tried re-logging, re-equipping the ship, dropping connection during activated slipstream (in case "shift-R" somehow gets stuck then), nothing helped.

Anything I might be overlooking? Anything else I could try? (other than writing a GM/support ticket, which might or might not get answered before the next millennium).

Thanks.

aunt edit: typos
There are certain maps with environmental effects that prevent full impulse from functioning.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Any chance your ship is in need of repair? I ask because I had a similar issue with one of mine did all you did then happen to notice it was damaged
"Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!"
Ensign
# 6
07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I know it's probably silly to ask but... your ship has engines equipped, right?
Yeah, silly. Espcially as I wrote 'bout reequipping the ship ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthanna View Post
I would switch out engines in case your model is bugged or somehow stuck.
Tried that. Didn't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
There are certain maps with environmental effects that prevent full impulse from functioning.
Sure .. like Earth orbit outside ESD, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvale View Post
Any chance your ship is in need of repair?
Now, I didn't think of this.
Checked, nothing.

Now, I simply bought a new ship, put drive, warpcore and all on it, and it worked.
For 3 battles, then I got some dropped packets in Starbase 24, and I only was able to go 5(!) Impulse, and without turning, as if I didn't have an impulse drive.
Re-logged, and normal movement was ok - and "full impulse" gone again. For all ships

Thanks for you time and will to help, nevertheless!
Looks like I'll have to file a Bug Report. Not that I expect it to help much, though...
Career Officer
# 7
07-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Are you using Arc? I find that if I bring up the Arc in game overlay, certain functions in STO stop working. On the ground, my Shift key stops working and I can't sprint anymore. In space, I lose the ability to use Full Impulse just as you have. I stopped using the Arc in game overlay and both of these problems stopped for me.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Career Officer
# 8
07-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Are you using Arc? I find that if I bring up the Arc in game overlay, certain functions in STO stop working. On the ground, my Shift key stops working and I can't sprint anymore. In space, I lose the ability to use Full Impulse just as you have. I stopped using the Arc in game overlay and both of these problems stopped for me.
Yep, sounds like ARC really does affect the STO gaming experience; but if that's what they call 'better'; I'd hate to see what they consider 'worse'.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 9
07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
... no arc ...
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drone0815 View Post
... no arc ...
what about other gaming devices i.e xfire, Raptr, Steam as much I hate to say it, they all have a overlay system and can interfere, Xfire used to give STO all kinds of troubles with me but now I use Raptr and no longer use Xfire.

Just a thought if your not using any of these maybe try force verifying the game to see if something went corrupt, you never know

hope you find the problem and can get it fixed

goodluck