Lt. Commander
Cryptic, I have logged in tonight happy about the new patch, only to find that the fleet permission system still doesnt seem to work, there has been alot fo posts regarding these bugs from alot of fleets...

We experienced a theft from the fleet vaults last night, I have reported this to Cryptic, but im shocked at the lack of official reply regarding it... Could I hve an update on the following things please...

1, Is Cryptic aware of the fleet permission problems ???

2, If so can I have an ETA when the bug will be fixed ???

3, If people do steal from the fleet vaults and its reported to you, what can we accept to happen after informing you ??? (will we even be informed if action has been taken)

4, Is Cryptic to make good on any loses while this bug is active...

I know the trolls will come and batter this thread down as usual, and tbh I'm more shocked that this community not only accept scamming as part and parcel of the game but seem to active encourage and promote it, (see other thread to see this for yourself)

5, Is it acceptable practice on these forums to ridicule, mock and make people in general feel they have done something wrong by simply trusting people that are clearly liars and 2 faced about their intentions ???

I would also like to add, that I am a star trek fan, which is why i have been following the dev of this game since i signed up for beta way back in janruary 2008, I have gone to the expense (not alot of money I know) of buying a domain name purely for ou STO fleet...

Ask any of our fleet members (7th Tactical Wing), our fleet was built upon an open invite system and mutual trust and help for each other, this is something I hold dear to the foundation of the fleet and something the majority of our fleet members enjoy the most about the being in our fleet, unfortunately tonight I have had 2 or 3 people leave for the exact same reason, the fact credits were stolen last night is something that is greiving them ALOT...

Unfortunately I can't say I have spoken to someone at Cryptic and "this and that" is being done to sort the issues out...

I also have to admit that ok, the theft hasnt hurt us financial, but, is has taken the element of trust away from the majority of the people in the fleet and left us all thinking "WTF is the point anymore" I;m heart broken that my new toy has been messed around with by another member of this community and nothign is being done to protect us.. plz cryptic mend my broken heart and speak to me...thx..

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Yes - fix the obvious failure in the permission system please.

NO - YOU CANNOT HAZ UR STUFFZ BACK! Enough already, or do you need another 40 page Threadnaught flamming this topic again?

EDIT: This is an MMO. In such games, you will find corporate thieves and espionage. It goes with the game. Role Playing is fun ... but perhaps more common sense is required on your part. Sorry for your loss, yadda yadda yadda ....

Less RP and more common sense ... MOAR!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD

NO - YOU CANNOT HAZ UR STUFFZ BACK! Enough already, or do you need another 40 page Threadnaught flamming this topic again?
I would prefer 1 rep from cryptic to tell me what i need to know rather than the forum trolls insulting me again...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
I'd prefer a harem of gorgeous women to clean my house.

40+ pages of complaining yesterday. Obviously your post was seen as it was CLOSED by a mod.

Reposting closed threads and posting about closed topics is against the forum rules. Now you're the one doing criminal activity.

Contact support directly, and spare the rest of us this drivel.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Ferengi rule of acquisition number 512;

You are no longer allowed to speak about anything remotely to do with fleet banks.

Ever.

It will get fixed whenever they have time resources and a solution.
Be patient please.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 04:59 PM
We are aware of the issues players are reporting with Fleet bank permissions and players removing items. The team is working on an update to address the reports we are receiving and hope to have a fix checked into our next scheduled update once we can verify that everything is working properly.

As far as issues with other players - you'll need to talk with Customer Service on a case by case basis to report abuse.

note - we are targeting to push new patches every Thursday
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD

EDIT: This is an MMO. In such games, you will find corporate thieves and espionage. It goes with the game. Role Playing is fun ... but perhaps more common sense is required on your part. Sorry for your loss, yadda yadda yadda ....

Less RP and more common sense ... MOAR!!!
This has nothing to do with commen sense the fleet permissions dont work, please stop trolling this thread and please stop insult my intelligence, I find this more offensive than the theft..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We are aware of the issues players are reporting with Fleet bank permissions and players removing items. The team is working on an update to address the reports we are receiving and hope to have a fix checked into our next scheduled update once we can verify that everything is working properly.

As far as issues with other players - you'll need to talk with Customer Service on a case by case basis to report abuse.

note - we are targeting to push new patches every Thursday
Is it actually against the rules to take stuff, where is the line drawn on how much is too much, if the fleet owner complains or what hmm? I just ask out of interest as it seems a grey area at the moment on whether stealing is allowed as the troll said or whether it's considered griefing.

I mean whatever you implement, there's going to be ways to get around it unless people close off taking money/items from fleet bank entirely, and in that case there's not much point having it in the first place
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
This has nothing to do with commen sense.
Your failure to grasp this is what is giving you so much grief. It is common sense, you just cannot see it.

You got your response, now just drop it. Any more posting on this topic is just you trolling for some more attention.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Sinner
I'd prefer a harem of gorgeous women to clean my house.

40+ pages of complaining yesterday. Obviously your post was seen as it was CLOSED by a mod.

Reposting closed threads and posting about closed topics is against the forum rules. Now you're the one doing criminal activity.

Contact support directly, and spare the rest of us this drivel.
My thread was closed because i asked a mod to close it... read my OP again, this has nothign to do with a 20 page flame it has everything to do with not being informed as to what is being done to address this issue... all im asking for is a tiny bit of customer server AND im being polite in this thread to try and get it, but still you come insulting me, this isnt right not at all and you guys doing the trolling need to stop ya really do...

If a mod did close my other thread (like I asked) why still no information, if it was read, why are us fleet admirals still left in the dark, we are stuck in a rut with our fleets (maybe your fleet isnt), we cant move them forward, we cant give permissions to ranks and we cant protect our assest...

Please cryptic why the silence on this issues ???