Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,162
Just ran into a KDF pug group only 2 of which were in the same fleet - they were very good as most KDF players are and made good use of that op ability called teamwork, however, after quizzing some I found that on top of all the rep passive they spend an avg of $500 million on their builds?? This is insane - how can New players ever expect to cope? There were a few feds with me who vowed never to return - so I guess it's to the kvk q's for them. So are PvP players really the ones killing the game stomping players 15/0?? Of course we had one afk and 1 nebula - never good expect in a premade - but still.

I don't mind dying but to get 5vs1 they will kill each player in seconds and move on to the rest.

I see s8 increased power creep as an end to PvP once and for all - and I don't think it's all cryptics fault.

P.S. I am well aware this is going on on both sides - kdf/fed

Last edited by newromulan1; 11-09-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 205
# 2
11-09-2013, 06:53 AM
So? I know some top pvp vets that have paid a billion EC on their builds. Its their hard earned money I guess? Its not a myth that most PvPers are actually quite poor when it comes to EC lol.

Also, the amount of money you 'spent' on a build doesnt mean that much. A full MK xii acc x3 weaponset can easily be a few hundred ec more then the equivalent mk xi's where th difference is negligable.

I suppose I can see from a doff perspective the Amount of EC needed for some of the best doffs is quite high assuming there are no blue rarity alternatives. Even so the most expensive doffs were once around 10m ec, if thats considered too much then.....*euhhhh*

The part where you mention 'on top of the rep passives' suggest that you are not fond of the rep passives and might even lack them yourself. But guess what, no rep = bad player. The more rep the more it will influence ones build.

Accept or go back to PVE.


edit: Back in the early days alot of vets had around 500m, its nothing special when i think about it now.
Read the book of the Rihannsu.

Last edited by mightylepton; 11-09-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 796
# 3
11-09-2013, 06:53 AM
$500 million on a game? They could of brought cryptic a few times over (each). So i assume you ment 500 million EC which is still an insane amount of ingame currency.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 205
# 4
11-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ndor99 View Post
$500 million on a game? They could of brought cryptic a few times over (each). So i assume you ment 500 million EC which is still an insane amount of ingame currency.
For a relative newcomer perhaps, honestly if someone is dedicated to get the best equipment for his ship, its not unreasonably for him to scrape together 500m ec within a few months to finish his goal. Do a bit of lockbox gambling perhaps?

If people dont want to spend that they simply cannot expect to win or excel at the game. in the past skill was actually alot more part of the game. Now with all these a2b FaWlullerz builds its just headbang smashing on spacebar. lolol
Read the book of the Rihannsu.

Last edited by mightylepton; 11-09-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 796
# 5
11-09-2013, 07:07 AM
I myself easily can aquire EC it's not a problem, yeah from a new players point of view this would be a huge sum of ingame cash. In reality it shouldn't be this way, it's one of the reasons new people don't join pvp.
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,162
# 6
11-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightylepton View Post
So? I know some top pvp vets that have paid a billion EC on their builds. Its their hard earned money I guess? Its not a myth that most PvPers are actually quite poor when it comes to EC lol.

Also, the amount of money you 'spent' on a build doesnt mean that much. A full MK xii acc x3 weaponset can easily be a few hundred ec more then the equivalent mk xi's where th difference is negligable.

I suppose I can see from a doff perspective the Amount of EC needed for some of the best doffs is quite high assuming there are no blue rarity alternatives. Even so the most expensive doffs were once around 10m ec, if thats considered too much then.....*euhhhh*

The part where you mention 'on top of the rep passives' suggest that you are not fond of the rep passives and might even lack them yourself. But guess what, no rep = bad player. The more rep the more it will influence ones build.

Accept or go back to PVE.


edit: Back in the early days alot of vets had around 500m, its nothing special when i think about it now.
That attitude of go back to pve will only aid in the demise of pvp.

Only through New players does it have any hope of survival. If you believe cryptic will fix PvP then I have some nice farm land in the arctic to sell you! Same with the kdf - they have this backward mentality that they will wait for more players before adding good stuff for people to buy - but why roll off if there is nothing to buy = no matter the promises nothing will get done.

And there was a person well above $500 million ec but I suspect most people actually underestimate when telling how much they really spend. And that does not include all dilithium gear - and all but 1 was a fleet ship so that figure does not include lock box ship prices.

So this is bad for both on critics part and the players - if you are that hard core players should stay out of the pugs and just organized play. You only bring your op build to a pug for one reason - you know 9 times out of ten you are going to rofl stomp the other team. Sorry you are the ones destroying PvP if you do that.

Last edited by newromulan1; 11-09-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 205
# 7
11-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ndor99 View Post
I myself easily can aquire EC it's not a problem, yeah from a new players point of view this would be a huge sum of ingame cash. In reality it shouldn't be this way, it's one of the reasons new people don't join pvp.
Perhaps, I always saw the reason for people not to join PvP as a problem of butthurt feelings, arrogance, simply dont have the dedication to get better a game, reputation, so stubborn that they refuse to ask or accept help. so many reasons. I never saw EC as the main culprit.

You know, perhaps ...
Read the book of the Rihannsu.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 350
# 8
11-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Just ran into a KDF pug group only 2 of which were in the same fleet - they were very good as most KDF players are and made good use of that op ability called teamwork, however, after quizzing some I found that on top of all the rep passive they spend an avg of $500 million on their builds?? This is insane - how can New players ever expect to cope? There were a few feds with me who vowed never to return - so I guess it's to the kvk q's for them. So are PvP players really the ones killing the game stomping players 15/0?? Of course we had one afk and 1 nebula - never good expect in a premade - but still.

I don't mind dying but to get 5vs1 they will kill each player in seconds and move on to the rest.

I see s8 increased power creep as an end to PvP once and for all - and I don't think it's all cryptics fault.

P.S. I am well aware this is going on on both sides - kdf/fed
I am assuming you mean ec instead of $. So they spent 500 million? I can understand that, the thing is they would not have needed.

Mo thats a lot of ig money, so let's have a look what they might have bought:
Mk xii purple tac consoles. Now depends when they bought and what type of dmg they use. The price is between 15-45 million ec I would say, lets say 30 million per console since that number has been used in discussions recently.

That means we are probably looking at 120 million ec for tac consoles, if we assume they have 4. If they would just use blue mk xi they would probably pay something like 2 million, again depends on what dmg type they use. Thats a lot of money for very little benefit.

Next let's look at the weapons. If you want [acc]x3 mk xii you will pay... a lot. Again depends on your dmg type. If you buy like 6 weapons 20 mio each we would be at 120 mio. If you settle for acc x2 it would be by about 6mio, less if you go for mk xi.

What else do we spend money on? Ships. A lockbox ship goes for roughly 60 mio up to 400 mio if you want a bug. But you do not really need a lockbox ship. You could get a fleet/c-store one. That does require you to grind a lot of dilithium or spend real money. But a good ship will stay viable a long time. You can also take a free one, while that does put you on a disadvantage you will do fine in the queues if set up right. And if you like the game the purchase of one ship won't kill you.

Than there are doffs. Doffs can be expensive. But you do not need an atb build with 3 tec. And I think you can get them from a nebula. Also you do not need a purple cleanse doff. And blues are quite cheap. There are a lot of other fancy doffs out there but with nebulas and maybe settling for blue in the beginning you can save a lot of money.


So my conclusion:
Yes you can spend 500 million ec on a pvp toon. But it is in no way needed. Spending a few millions a new char will do just fine. The problem will be the reputation. Fortunately t4 should be enough to be competitive but it will still take you probably about a month to reach that.
And of course you need experience and a decent build.
My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 205
# 9
11-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
That attitude of go back to pve will only aid in the demise of pvp.

Only through New players does it have any hope of survival. If you believe cryptic will fix PvP then I have some nice farm land in the attic to sell you! Same with the kdf - they have this backward mentality that they will wait for more players before adding good stuff for people to buy - but why roll off if there is nothing to buy = no matter the promises nothing will get done.

And there was a person well above $500 million ec but I suspect most people actually underestimate when telling how much they really spend. And that does not include all dilithium gear - and all but 1 was a fleet ship so that figure does not include lock box ship prices.

So this is bad for both on critics part and the players - if you are that hard core players should stay out of the pugs and just organized play. You only bring your op build to a pug for one reason - you know 9 times out of ten you are going to rofl stomp the other team. Sorry you are the ones destroying PvP if you do that.
But you got to be realistic at the same time right? I think my former statement applies to the current state of this games PvP, and there is no sign of this improving anytime in the near future, if ever.

At this moment PvP has been like 'only the strongest wil survive'.
Frankly seems to have been the case for a very long time now, possibly started when this game went f2p.

On another note, Mk XI/XII tac consoles will soon drop in price considerably!!!
Read the book of the Rihannsu.

Last edited by mightylepton; 11-09-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 796
# 10
11-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Mighty i said ec is one of the reasons as ec was being mentioned. The reasons you stated are all true to.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.